Reviews for Their Christmas to Remember
TheFallenArchangel chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
You are currently my favorite person fawking ever.
Mikan-Dash chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
This is just to perfect Im o glad that some one actually took the time to write this out its so cute and fluffy
FlapperFinzNoNames10201303 chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
YAY! Fatherly/Son love _. Twas adorable D I lovved it all, and you captured it perfectly as always. I don't know how you do it, write so well I mean. I am jealous! :D Great writing! Nayah
Bunny1 chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
aW.
kyou fangirl chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
SO. MUCH. LOVING. OF. THIS. FIC. OMG! Two quick things on the writing of Dr. Cox, and I mean these to be constructive rather than rude and/or persnickety of me, but i don't believe he elongates words like loathe with la-la-loathe... just btw... and also, it shouldnt show when you yourself have a favorite nick name for someone. You sort of overuse milk dud, but he actually usually calls him gahndi. Other than those teny things i couldnt help but pick up on, i loved it. really, i did. you write GREAT scrubs stuff that kind of makes me happy to my very soul... :)
Semaphora chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Forgive me for taking so long to review this, but I had to make sure I properly conveyed how much this story touched me. Your characterisations were amazing, as usual, but what I really feel I need to emphasis is how real it all was. I know we’ve seen the silent version of it happening at the end of “My Finale” but to actually slip into Doctor Cox’s persona and experience things from his eyes was absolutely fantastic. You put dialogue to everything we saw in that beautiful and touching scene, and you made JD’s dream real.

Doctor Cox, of course, took the cake. You put exactly the right emphasis on his dislike for Christmas, his discomfort of talking to Carla about it and his begrudging admission that it was a little less horrific than usual. I love your take on what would happen between Doctor Cox and JD after his admission at the end of the series, and how Perry felt more comfortable with himself in admitting it. It truly made all the difference, something you’ve conveyed beautifully here. JD catching Perry’s slip about the family thing made my heart sing, as did all the other indications that the two of them were, slowly but surely, becoming really good friends.

This wouldn’t be a proper review without mentioning our other favourite characters. You are seriously my number one fix for Perry and Carla scenes, since they’re so few and far between most of the time. I loved their talk together, and how she managed to weed it out of him that he was actually enjoying himself. You conveyed her absolute love for her family and JD, despite their flaws, in a very Carla-esque manner (if that makes any sense at all). What I mean is, despite the fact that her husband and his best friend act like man-children most of the time, it’s so clear to see how much she loves them both.

Doctor Cox’s awe and comparison between the old Elliot and this new, improved one he saw in front of him was brilliant. You definitely nailed their love-hate relationship very well, and it was easy to see how secretly proud he was of her. Molly is such an adorable name for a baby, and would definitely be one I could see Elliot choosing. The affection between JD and Elliot was written so beautifully, just like that entire scene in the show was. The little insights we saw into their lives after were stunning, and once again I stress how amazing it is to have the Christmas scene bought to life like this.

The children so own Perry in this, though. It was really easy to see how one inquisitive look from Molly just broke down all of Doctor Cox’s defences. Sam was adorable, as were the other children, and I really love how you highlighted the different family dynamics between all three couples, and how all of them together were like one gigantic beautifully dysfunctional family.

And the hug. God, the hug. It was so perfect. You set the scene the way it was set in the show, but you added so much more to it. I could feel the emotions that Doctor Cox was feeling as he warred within himself, and his eventual resignation that he missed JD too was so bittersweet. It took my breath away, that scene. The entire story did, actually.

I absolutely loved this one shot, perhaps even more than the scene in the show, and I once again must congratulate you on your unique ability to charm a person within the first few sentences of a story, and not release them until the very end. This story kept me dreaming long after the last word, and it’s definitely staying on my favourites list for years to come.

Until next time,

x
anne-rose-teen chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I started to cry. I am not even kidding. It might have had somthing to do with the fact that I have my period right now, but it was still touching.
jka1 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
As always, a delight to read. I really love all your stories, you are actually one of my favourite authors now. You write consisently fantastic scrubs fics (which unfortunately there aren't too many of on this site for my liking) and I seriously look forward to seeing an author alert about your newest fic.

I am wondering if you are planning any long term scrubs fics? I adore your one shots but your long term fics are awesome to read! perhaps a sequel to 'My captain'? hehe ;). Anyway sorry about this 'essay like review', Great work as usual :)

p.s. You do the best perry povs!
samanddianefan10 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
There is so much right about this story! This is just like that final episode, which was brilliant. You've gotten Turk and JD's playfulness, Carla's mothering, and Perry's..well, Perry. The hug was just awesome. Love this story.
Aquitar94 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This was really good. I enjoyed it alot! Make more! lol
Kalyx chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
very touching :) I loved this fic, keep 'em coming! 3
PeanutTree chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Oh, this was wonderful! I loved the whole "family" feeling, and the way you used Perry's harsh outlook to make us see the love.
iTiffany19 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
This was a great fic! I you're always amazing when you write Dr. Cox in just about any fic, as well as everyone else. I totally loved the end when Perry FINALLY hugged JD, I should say. The kids were so adorable too. This fic really made my Christmas day!

Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Happy New Year as well! *hug* _
funkypartyweasel chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
I love that scene from the final episode, so I'm so glad you decided to write a fic about it! This was brilliant! I really like how you made sure to say how important all the characters are to Dr Cox, not just JD. The entire end bit in which Dr Cox is debating about whether to accept a hug from JD is very in-character, not to mention adorable; I've said this in previous reviews, but you are so talented at writing the relationship between Cox and JD. Also, this sentence made me laugh:

"Leave it to Newbie to invite him to his bachelor party, which was both very frightening and very amusing, actually."

Heh, kinda makes me want to know what happened. :) Merry Christmas, and I look forward to reading whatever you decide to write in 2010! :D
EliH2 chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
_. That was adorable! All of it was awesome. I think that you really managed to capture the moment. Sounds like a fun Christmas party! Kinda makes you wish you were there! Great job.