Reviews for Forgiveness
Iggy - Essence of Angst chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Beautiful. :)
Eikyuu Kosai Awards II chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Congratulations! Your fic has won 3rd PLACE for BEST ONESHOT at EIKYUU KOSAI, the Miroku/Sango Fandom Awards. Established in 2009, this group strives to recognize those outstanding pieces of fanfiction and art from the Inuyasha universe, which put special emphasis on the Mir/San pairing. Twice a year, our members come together to nominate and vote in 17 different categories, including a special ‘Hidden Treasure’ award, for those gems that might have been missed the first time around.

To learn more about Eikyuu Kosai, please visit our FanFiction dot net profile. There, you can find the latest on our current slate of nominations, as well as pick up your nominee banner!

Our next term will commence in July 2010. The group will be open to recommendations during our downtime, so please feel free to join in the proceedings!

Congratulations once again!

**Please note: you may receive this notification multiple times on the same fic, if it has been nominated into different categories.**
FlameTwirler chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
This is adorable. Although the mood, obviously, is not, the connection between them, even through anger and tears, is just so precious. I love that Sango draws comfort from him even as she's putting the blame on him in her mind, and how he, in the reverse, doesn't take that personally but is willing to walk her through the pain, to do the right thing not just by her, but by her brother as well.
perlaret chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Let me just say this: I love the things you do with these characters.

There are so many little nuances to this story that I enjoyed. The tension between Miroku and Sango, and how although Sango tries to cling to her anger with him but really can't manage to. I love how much his touch plays into that; a nice contrast to their early relationship. It also makes sense that their first fight as a married couple could be about Kohaku - it's not just Sango who has put a lot on the line where he comes into play. The allusions to Sango being pregnant were a nice touch too, and I really appreciate how you didn't come right out and say it. It gives the feeling that, while her emotions might indeed be heightened because of it, it is far from being the source of the problem.

As for Kohaku himself - it packs a lot more punch for him to leave this way, as opposed to right after Naraku's death. I think, after trying to avoid his sister so much in canon, he would make an effort, his mission over, to try to rebuild that bridge. But still, you're right, he still has to face those demons.

But anyway, this really had a lovely balance of everything - romance, angst, introspection, humor (the last line especially made me smile!). AND - it was posted way before the final deadline. As the organizer person of this whole shebang, can I just say how much I love you for that? :)

(Also? If you happen to write more Mir/San soon, I certainly shan't mind.)
Starzki chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I really liked this.

The way you described Miroku and Sango through the way they touched and held their bodies was wonderful. I liked that you used the sense of touch so much to let the reader know their moods and thoughts without having to spell everything out.

It was an intense moment to try and capture. I think you did it very well. I love that this was a piece about Kohaku, yet it was still all about the relationship between Miroku and Sango. Very, very nice!
LuxKen27 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Poor Sango. After everything she went through, even in gaining Miroku as a husband, it has to have stung to see her only blood relative fleeing away again. And to find out it was that same husband who sent him (and Kirara) on this path? Youch. I love it, though, that Miroku remains her steady rock, anchoring her, that he is fearless in seeking her forgiveness for this action, because he knows, deep down, that *she* knows it's right. You really take these complex characters and allow us to peek under their surfaces, and in such an exquisite way. This is beautifully done, and I hope Lady Griddlebone enjoyed it as much as I did! )
Neisha chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
M, beautiful, as always!

Merry Christmas! I would have sent it yesterday, lol, but the internet has been down since Christmas Eve. I only now got it working and it is 1:00 am Sunday morning.
Griddlebone chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
Ooh, I love this! This story demonstrates so many of the subtle, delicious facets of Miroku and Sango's relationship, as it must (or might) have developed during the manga's missing three years. I'm having a hard time picking out specific things that are especially awesome in this fic, because there are so many of them!

The characterization is wonderful, as is the interaction between the various characters (particularly Kohaku seeking advice from Miroku, and Miroku's ability to gradually soothe Sango's anger and frustration), and the interwoven acknowledgment of the rest of the canon ending. And I loved that you incorporated Sango's pregnancy without throwing it in the reader's face as the "reason" for her actions (or coming right out and saying it). I've seen a lot of fics include pregnancy for laughs, but here it adds to the emotion in the piece, rather than detracting or distracting from it.

As a last note, wonderful job with the Kohaku-angst. It's there, it's understandable, and it makes you really sympathize with what Sango's going through, but it's not overwhelming. I'm glad you didn't have her simply be happy for her brother as he leaves her behind so soon; I've always found that interpretation of the events in the manga to be pretty far-fetched, considering everything she went through to make sure they could be a family again. But I think you've handled her response perfectly in this. She wants to be a supportive sister, but at the same time it's tearing her apart inside.

There are so many things to love about this fic... I can't thank you enough for writing such a wonderful story for me!
yumi michiyo chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Ah! So adorable! 3

Absolutely wonderful, hun! Everything about this was spectacular: Miroku's charm, Sango's eventual giving in... Kohaku's reasons for leaving were very plausible. His confiding in Miroku was very in-character - I can imagine him not wanting to worry Sango.

Miroku is especially outstanding in this piece; the voice of reason, a good listener, and plain irresistible 3

Sango is very well done too; her everpresent concern for Kohaku is done without being too overwhelming.

*commences fangirling you all over again*