Reviews for A Flicker of Headlights
LittleFreakyO.o chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
wow. This is brilliant. I really like the characterization of these two, it gives a bit of more headlight (excuse the pun) into this darker side that D-Carly seems to show in her duel with Jack in the show. And is it scary that I can picture Kalin's cackle perfectly?
You're writing style is wonderful as well, it flows well and keeps the reader (well for me anyway) interested. I kinda was a bit lost for a bit about the bird puns but I found my way pretty quickly. Excellent!
FallenAngelItachi chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Why are there so few a story about Kiryu and Carly? Damn, I love their dynamic! And this was very nice-vague, but nice. We missed things from that night...too bad. But hey, if Kiryu cleaned that up she must have done something right, righ? xD My bad bad brain...
Paul-Kun chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
somehow i like this couple as much as i like jackcarly X3 next fanfic?
beautiful-surreal chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
VIVID! :O Oh wow! This might be in my dreams tonight! :D Great, amazing, and all the other synonyms for 'awesome' that you can think of! :D

I love your style, your imagry, your knowledge of JUST how to put things so that script flows like a motion picture. Seriously amazing man. :D
iceyly chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I think that this story is decently written in the technical sense and I have no problem with non canon pairings (this is ygo after all, there aren't that many canon pairings to begin with.), though I will admit that I've never been terrible fond of Kiryu/Carly. However non-canon pairing doesn't mean non-canon situation unless you mark this as AU.

What motivated me to write this review was that your characterisation of both of them left me confused. Kiryu comes over as very mean, which he just shouldn't be in this case. Unlike what you lead to believe, he hasn't changed that much since his death. He will always stay Team Satisfaction leader to a degree and that means since Carly is an ally and she needs his help, he might be at but reluctant to give it to her and he might tease her a bit, but more in the friendly sense, she is the NEW ONE, after all. His contempt wouldn't be directed at her - he has better targets for that, especially at the point of the show you are taking them from. He reserves his anger and need for revenge for the people he feels have deserved it (the rest of Team Satisfaction and Security).

Though Kiryu isn't the worst. The character that truly confuses me is Carly. Because I have no idea where the "she wants revenge against Jack" comes from. I have checked both dub and sub and Carly never gives even the slightest indication that she hates Jack or wants revenge against him. She becomes Dark Signer because she loves him, and her love to him is what motivates him to fight against him as Dark Signer. Her ultimate goal is not to kill him, but to have him by her side. She would never see herself as his stepping "stone for greatness and destiny" as you called it; she was there and saw him give that all up!

Another thing that I find notable was your mix of sub and dub termination. Please stick to either sub or dub; it's less confusing for the reader that way (Though since you already use the japanese names, I would advise you to stick with the japanese terms).

Also the Earthbound gods are spelled "Ccpac Apu" and "Aslla piscu".

I hope you don’t take this as discouragement, however I really would advise you to work a bit more on your characterisation.
TeamSatisfactionFangirl chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
I love it, Kiryu & Carly do make quite a cute couple.
Misty Narumi chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
aw...this was really good!
the Mirage Prismatic chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
This was very good! I'm trying to get back into 5D's again and this is spectacular! Nice work. I don't know much about Kiryu but he's seems totaly insane and I think you pulled off his character perfectly! Same with Carly, it's so good!(there's plenty of less than stellar fics here so seeing yours brings tears to my eyes! Hope this review makes you smile adn happy holidays to you too! Best of luck in your writing.