Reviews for In Another's Eyes
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
That's ALL he can say?! Why would anyone screw HIM?!
Guest chapter 2 . 12/19/2013
I am halfway through and I know where this is going but it's just so lovely and eoin colfer-y and the universe is set up so well with all the consistent details you've built up in all your I know where it's going. But it's what I WANT.
audiblyausten chapter 58 . 8/4/2013
Beyond amazing. Absolutely freaking beyond amazing. First of all, I'd like to mention that this fic is the embodiment of fanfiction. You, incredibly gifted Mrs. Heart, have taken two sadly underappreciated characters and given them lives and stories of their own. You've created a romance, a relationship, where previously the author was unfortunately ignorant. Wouldn't you agree that's what fanfiction is all about - taking the story and making it live onwards and outwards? Grub and Vinyaya are the most spectacular couple. Their chemistry is astonishingly beautiful, and the circumstances that force them together remarkably perfect for them. ;) I think my favorite snippet of this whole fic is when Grub returns to Vinyaya's side during labor. Her relief and his steadfast belief in her, in them, nearly made me cry. (Grr, more tears over fanfiction. ;)) OH, and the epilogue? Sheer genius. My cheeks hurt from grinning by the time the story was over. I love the humor in this fic, too. I cannot count the amount of times I snorted (and blushed) over innuendos and more blatant comments. Arty is hilariously Fowl, and he and Holly's relationship is wonderful. I love when he soothes her horrified emotions in the hospital. I loved seeing the sweet little comforting side he finds it so necessary to hide. x) I hadn't liked Trubs/Lili till now, but the spin you put on it changed my mind. I'd never thought of Lili as anything other than the brainless descent of royalty. And as for Grub... I WILL NEVER MISJUDGE A SEEMINGLY PATHETIC CHARACTER AGAIN. Needless to say, this is the best AF fic that exists. And ever will. Period.
Ivy000 chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Ouch. Grub isn't as stupid as I thought.
Ivy000 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Wow, Grub can be really stupid sometimes. ;)
Tawny chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I have read this loads and that last line STILL makes me laugh!
Tawny chapter 58 . 9/12/2012
Aw that was the perfect ending! They are having more kids ahhh that is so cute!
Tawny chapter 11 . 9/10/2012
Yey! Grub is growing up awwwwww!
Tawny chapter 3 . 9/10/2012
Go GRUB!
Tawny chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Grub, I think that was the wrong thing to say!
Electricboa chapter 58 . 7/10/2012
I have to admit you've sold me on the pairing, though probably only in your 'Living' universe, I doubt Grub would come off as well in other incarnations. I remember saying on the 'Like I Like my Coffee' response that Grub struck me a more introverted than whiny, and you definitely pulled it off here. Vinyáya was a very interesting character, and I especially liked how she slowly comes around to tolerating, liking, and finally loving Grub. It the kind of transition that needs time to do right, and it did happen at a good pace. Not too fast, but not too drawn out (considering that this is one of the longest stories I've read). The story itself was interesting and I quite enjoyed reading it. It had a good balance of comedy (always a plus in my book), drama, and romance.

I was a little sad Lili couldn't have a happy ending, no euphemism intended (though I suppose it could be applied), with Trouble. You did write her as quite a good character and I would have thought that their friendship could have become more in the end. Of course, it is more or less left open, so it doesn't preclude a possible romance between them in the future (or past from the perspective of the epilogue).

I did like the inclusion of Artemis and Holly in parts of the story, after all they do play a pretty big role in the series. I'm surprised that they hadn't gotten married in the 10 years since Artemis become an elf, but am particularly looking forward to when Holly ultimately gets pregnant and Artemis gets to deal with some of the situations Grub did, though most likely with different responses. Vinyáya also would get her chance for some payback, which is always fun.

All in all, a very impressive work, and something to be proud of. Very well done!
AEthereal Devastation chapter 58 . 6/28/2012
Excellent writing. Perhaps an alternate version where Grub ends up with Lilies instead would be warranted just to see how it could go?
dansesinfernale chapter 40 . 6/12/2012
I.. I am just stunned. No words can describe this masterpiece.
GoldenWolf2456 chapter 22 . 5/24/2012
i know this is a really late review but ... ive read this story so many times and its amazing! everytime i read it the story always gets more akward and embarrassing, and im only 14. i was and still am a strong R/V shipper but sometimes you can more than one ship for the same person, right?
jorius chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
As this seems preferable then to doing my essay, I've decided to re-read this fic. I noticed something in the 2nd and 3rd paragraph. In the 2nd, you mentioned Captain Lili Frond came in, then in the 3rd you have Kelp saying "What is it Lieutenant."

I guess it may be a lead up to the 16th line where she taps her new acorns to signify that Kelp hadn't been aware of the promotion, but from my reading it seems a bit odd that the bureaucratic Kelp wouldn't be aware of Frond's promotion. I guess its just a minor niggle.

Also If you need any help with the beta listening for the podfics I would be happy to help out if needed. I had really wanted to do audition for a role, but it's just not that feasible with exams in 2 months.

Otherwise, I do hope you'll update fowl ties soon, your FT, IAE universe is one of my favourite fanfic incarnations.

Regards,