Reviews for A Fairytale Of New York
GoldenDiscord chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Aw! I love the idea, and basically everything else about this story
bellmaree chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
AW. I loved the fact that Jack seemed so easygoing, and how easy it was for Hanschen to talk to him. This was poignant and wonderful and original and I loved it. Every part.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
I am totally in love with this. Don't tell, but you're my favorite writer on this site :-) Your style is amazing and I would love to see you write more! I especially love your characterization. Like Jack there, you did such an amazing job communicating the character in your head to the audience. And your Hanschen/Ernst role reversal there made me super happy. There was no better way you could have done that, to juxtapose the two, especially at the end. Suddenly Ernst is in control of their future and Hanschen is the one who's just hoping that everything will end okay and he'll finally have love again.

You always seem like you really think about what you're trying to say, you aren't ever just like "Kay, I'm gonna throw this down just 'cause," you know? You THINK, you actually think and you actually have something meaningful to say, two things that seem hard to come by these days. I love that! Please keep it up! Thank you so much for this amazing Christmas present! Sorry for the long review!
geekchic79 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
very cute :) merry christmas! x x x
Demactica chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
AWH! Reunion scene was /mindblowing/ - totally not what I was expecting at all. Angry Ernstie Whispering reference... perfection.

'“He’s my brother…” he muttered in English, a red blush staining his cheeks.' Hey, mister, she's my sister! ...we're close.

I'm obsessed with bilingualilty, haha, so I loved how you had them switching back and forth from German to English.

Haha... fluff. I love. :D

Astounding story, the little touches were just perfect. It's the small things. (:
whirlwind94 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
-gasp- Am I the first reviwer? It would certainly appear so!

This fic-

Very good. Very very good. It got me all up and emotional. I was preparing to be very sad and miserable by the end of it, for poor Hanschen's situation (even though he sort of brought it on himself) and then when he was talking to Jack... I could just see the whole thing in my head and it was realistic and tragic but so very believable. And then... and then with the letters and Ernst showing up right on Christmas Day! I thought it was wonderful. I'm so glad things turned out well for them, but I'm also thankful that you didn't cut to the fluff right away. It made it all the more worthwhile.

Merry Christmas!