Reviews for In Your Darkest Hour
Forestwytch chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
Very powerful piece of writing. Hit the emotions in all the right places. It all felt very real and genuine in terms of the suicidal thoughts and feelings - trust me I've been there.
JaniceS chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
I just found this story and it is amazing ... excellent job!
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
wow, soo intense!

just great!
rgs38 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I keep doing this, I'm writing my story and then I somehow end up getting super absorbed into your stories! Oh well, I'm glad because this one was really amazing. I know I always say that I love your writing and I know that we've said that you and I have very different styles, but I'm always in awe when you can go on for almost 17,000 words with very little dialogue. It really gives this eery introversion to the story and it's so appropriate for this (really all) of your stories. This whole thing with Callen having the flashbacks and the dreams, just really getting inside his head was amazing.

I love the idea that you were kind of setting up that Callen wanted someone to call him out on his pain. It jumped back and forth between him wanting desperately to be alone but then also despising everyone else for not caring enough to notice his inner battles (even though you had him acknowledge that they definitely had.) I think this was a very realistic way of thinking about it and I absolutely love how you made Nate involved in this! Nate was always my favorite character on the show, and though I haven't seen the more recent seasons I don't think he's in it anymore, but I love how he reads the situation. He knows when to let Sam take the lead and he knowns when he needs to jump in and say something, really great use of him. Awesome, awesome as always. Ok, back to writing, but thanks for this!
vahanian chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
amazing story, totally loved it. alot of hurt callen and caring sam. well done.
Loopylou chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
This is freaking awesome. Wow. Wow!
ellepha chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
loved this story. very intense.
TealEyed-Quatre chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Dear Lord. This is quite possibly the best suicide piece I have ever read. It touches on fact and fiction and you have all the little details that make it fit perfectly. Your work portrays things that most of us have thought at some point, and brings them to a perfect, in-character resolution.

I applaud you.
Acaciamac chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
LOVE this story. Is there a sequel in the works? Love it. Please keep it coming. S/G!
Unesdala-Waya chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Wow. That is really the only word I can say. This story really made my emotion just go on a loop-de-loop. I have read this story more then 5 times, and I still can't stop reading it. I really like NCIS:Los Angeles and Callen is my favorite character hands down.

I think that my three favorite parts were,

One, the first description of the dream. That seriously messed with my mind. I love the mixing of the two songs the girls are singing, and the second song is just...chilling.

Two, when you describe him putting the clip in the gun. I have no idea why this scene hit me so hard,, but it did. It just made it more...real I guess, when you described what he was doing.

Three, when he handed the gun over to Sam. That part just made me almost cry. You described everything so well, that when this scene comes, you realize how much faith he's putting into his partner.

All in all, this was the best NCIS: Los Angeles fanfic I have yet to read.
JCassie241 chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Illyria, I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this story. Your ability to climb inside Callen's head is almost eerie, and you've made his torment achingly real. The story drew me in so deeply that I actually had to put my iPhone aside several times and go do something else while reading it, because the tension you built was almost painful. Without a doubt, this is my favorite NCIS: LA fic. I hope you continue writing, because I would love to see what you have in store next for G and Sam. Great job! This one is not only getting added to favorites (as my only one), it's getting a computer bookmark.
necira-skies chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
great job on this fic. It was very intense, but you did a great job describing Callen's feelings-those from the shooting as well as from before. And I also think that you really did a great job at the relationship between Sam and G, the line "I want you to trust me, G, because I trust you with everything. And I want you to trust me with you because you’ve never trusted anyone before and I want you to start with me.” really struck me as something Sam would say. Once again, great job on this fic
Sunnyluv99 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
All I got to say is "Wow,Wow"... That was a amazing piece with deep and heartbreaking details that G is going through. It make me tear up when G was about to end his life. And thank god Sam (as always) is there to save him and made him believe that there is people that need him. Love Sam being protective of G and those are my fav type of stories. Please write more or continue this story!
misslucy21 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
So, uh, can we have more? Please? 'Cause this is so, so good.
cdewinter78 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
*STANDING OVATION* Would whistle too, if I could! That was amazing, the bleakness, the dark turns of phrases- I had to stop and re-read lines that just jummped up and smacked me up side the head! Loved it- loved the bleeding of spoken and unspoken words, loved the build of pressure and the final act. Your Callen is a hung drawn and quartered character that is addictive to read, and I will be wondering when I watch the show now, because I think certin looks that are never explained by plot or script in the show give weight to your version of G and make this plausible, to some degree. I have only read one fic today - self restraint for me! So glad it was yours, stella job! Abi.