Reviews for Firecrackers
xfoundmyselfinwonderlandx chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Awww how adorable! I love how u made Toby see Mrs. Lovett and Sweeney on the couch, and how he saw how happy and relaxed they seemed! Perfect sweenett moment!
Almost an Actress chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
That. Was. Wonderful.
hervissa chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This is wonderful...I clearly saw the parlor before my eyes, the candles, the tree, Sweenett... :3 Just lovely :)

hervissa _
nur aysan chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
wow amazing and so cute
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Fantastic! I really enjoyed reading this story, it was wonderfully written. It's so Sweeney-ish that the balls had o be spread evenly across the tree, I guess he's a bit pedantic. Great idea!
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Before I started reading this, I hadn't even heard of firecrackers - another display of how uncultured I am. xD That aside, this is a wonderful oneshot.

You've put me in the Christmas spirit now despite it being a while away because of how beautifully you wrote this. I really love the idea of Sweeney being afraid of something like firecrackers when he has seen horrors that most people couldn't imagine in his time as a convict. Not that he didn't have good reasons to fear them, of course. Good thing the Christmas tree was there to distract him. ;)

I had to smile at Mrs. Lovett's devious nature. What a wonderful idea to get Mr. Todd to stay with her longer. I found their co-operation over the Christmas decorations very sweet to read, and I particularly loved the part about Nellie being able to understand Sweeney from his smallest movement.

I also loved the story of Sweeney's fear of firecrackers came about, and I particularly liked the way you chose to narrate that. For some reason I always love it when the speech of one character merges with the memories of another to create a lovely scene for the readers to imagine. I find it doesn't happen very often so it was great to see it used here. :D

However, the ending was what really stole the story for me. :D What a beautiful image you created there. Reading wonderfully crafted scenes like that is even more fulfilling than reader Sweenett "intimate moments" because you managed to pour so much emotion into it. The use of Toby here was genius and made it seem all the better. I had to giggle at Toby thinking that they had "done the deed" then realised they were fully clothed so it wasn't as bad as he'd first thought. xD I think this seemed even more tender (well, as tender as ST can get, anyway :P) reading this from another perspective. I wish I could bottle that moment.

This is one of my favourites yet. :D
Lovinett chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I'm basically catching up on all of your stories that I haven't read yet and this one is equally amazing. It's just so touching, :') You really make such layered characters.

Even though I am many months late in reading this, it was lovely. :)
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
This was so beautiful, dear! I loved it! Amazing!
MaidenofIron157 chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Aww, so sweet! I love how Mista T is, sadly, a character so easily turned amazingly nice. Then again, I can do that with practically ANY character. Ah well.
CaptainFlyingSparrow chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Aww, that was a really sweet story. Great Job I loved it :)
BellaLestrangex01 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
AW! This is absolutely so adorable! I love it!
Todd666 chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
AW! This was SO CUTE! I loved it! So sweet! :)
The FanFic Critic chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This was very well written. I loved it!
dammitspawk chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Aw, it's so cute!

lilaclila
ShadowoftheblackrOsE chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
aww, yes, what a wonderful christmas indeed. i wanted to cry, actaully i did, when toby found them together:D that was simply beautiful!

~haley