Reviews for A Man of Principle
snazzieshazzie chapter 3 . 11/6/2014
Oh I so wish you would carry onthis series I absolutely love it.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
That was incredibly good. Thank you.
Ara chapter 11 . 1/9/2014
this is without a doubt the bet firefly fic I've ever read in my life.
this is absolutely and utterly amazing.
EnglishEyebrows chapter 11 . 10/10/2013
I...
I love this so much. I don't know how I was getting along before without this.
I want to kiss you all over your face. This story is amazing!
chinothefirst chapter 11 . 6/13/2013
Was reading another fanfic and got redirected onto this one of yours through the writer's recommendation. I havn't read many fics even half as good as this, and just wanted to say thank you for writing something so absorbing, detailed, realistic and genuinely entertaining :D
I have to go back to the real world now, but tomorrow I'm starting on all the rest of what you've written; if it's as brilliant as this then I am on happy reader :)
MusicInStillMotion chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
Love this Story!
Moonsharmony chapter 11 . 8/15/2012
Overall review for all three in this series-
I like your portrayal of the characters. It's interesting to see some of the less known characters become more than their short screen time allowed. In general they're great stories, and a very good read. With that said, I have two suggestions.

Watch how long your paragraphs get. While your lengths would be fine for a written book, it's harder to read solid paragraphs on a computer screen. Your paragraphs occasionally get long and hard to follow. You seem to have improved on this already from the first story to this one, so whatever you're doing keep doing it.

My second suggestion would be to be careful of how much introspection you have the characters doing. The story drags a little when jumping from one characters introspective thoughts to another without much talking or humor or something in between to actively engage the reader.

Otherwise, great job, and I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Whyt Wulf chapter 11 . 5/7/2012
Well, the last two chapters (10 and 11) were simply amazing. I've learned that the back story fanfic authors create for Book is generally of a much higher caliber than the canon story introduced in A Shepherd's Tale, and I hope we never get a canon back story for Badger, for the same reason. I'm repeatedly amazed how human you make Badger seem. You've given him so much more depth than is ever implied in his few appearances in the show.
RionaEire chapter 11 . 5/3/2012
A chapter of contemplation and redemption, this looks like it might be the last chapter, or maybe the last chapter is coming, you said you were near the end. I've enjoyed this story about our favorite weasel named Badger and the layers that make up his charactor and life. I laughed at "the Wing Affair" good name for it, I do that sometimes too, refer to events in a fashion like that. I see a closing, but also an opening for your next story, good way to end this one. Next time could Badger aquire a Mongolian bodyguard named Temujin or Jamuqa or some other Genghis Khan related name? :))

Riona
RevDorothyL chapter 11 . 5/2/2012
"If this keeps up, I'm going to have to give up disliking him."

Poor Mal - he's lost the pleasure of disliking Badger but gained (perhaps) the chance for a better friend than most.

Meanwhile, thanks for the little Rayne scene in the hold, which always makes me happy.

And kudos to Badger for finding a way to 'let the punishment fit the crime' and protect his brother from going back to jail for the murder of the man who materially helped to ruin Darcy.
girlonthehill chapter 11 . 4/30/2012
This story continues to be brilliant! I love the detail, the little things like Inara and her coffee, as well as your development of the characters and story.

Keep it up!
skywiseskychan chapter 11 . 4/30/2012
As an aside, casualties includes both dead and injured, so missing a hand is a casualty. Of this chapter I particularly enjoyed Kaylee’s speculation about why Inara is taking fewer jobs. I suspect she may not be entirely correct in her guesses.

Yes, Jayne and River are a cute couple when done that way, or even when just deciding Jayne feels more big brotherish than Simon. Its cute, I wonder where you're thinking of going with them.

From this if you hadn't already said I would have suspected Inara or Jayne for the next focus. Just on the strength of those two scenes emotional depths. Oddly I would not peg Book to be chosen yet, either because he could continue to be well used as the mystery foil for a bit longer or for some other reason I can't name.
JustLikeToRead chapter 11 . 4/29/2012
Yay! Good job! :) Sad it'd done, though. :( Any thoughts when you'll start posting the next Firefly story?

Oh, one error I found. In this sentence:

"Good. The sooner you're gone, the better." Hoya looked over the rim of his cup at Mal. "In case Hoya's new friend isn't done with him."

It's Hoya speaking, so I think "in case Hoya's" should be "in case Bien's"...
RionaEire chapter 10 . 4/25/2012
So it looks like the members of Book's order are part clergy and part spies/assassins, that's cool! You sure call Badger "the little fixer" a lot in this chapter, I lost count, explain to me why you do that, I forgot and if I can't remember then others can't as well and are probably wondering. I like how Badger has a favorite chair on Serenity. I like the simile "content as a cat in a sunbeam" that's cute. What exactly is Badger's business with River? She already said thanks for sending those medicines to try, what more is there to this? Is Yen the badguy who tried to get aboard Serenity or is he the police man who I thought was nice, really a bad person? Its interesting to see Jayne knows the truth about him too but is beaten to the proverbial punch by Sister Rissa, too bad she and Book couldn't get together, that just doesn't seem fair. :(

Riona
skywiseskychan chapter 10 . 4/22/2012
To this point this story has appeared to be a series of vinyets, however with this chapter, for the first time, it appears that you have real plans and something deeper to say. I’m not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing, having gotten this far before realizing it. I do know that while it is a surprise to find a, ‘real’ plot after nine chapters of ‘fluf’ I am intrigued to see just where and what you are planning to go and do with it.