Reviews for But A Sword
practicingproductivity chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
This is beautiful. You made her so human, which I think makes the legend that much more powerful. I just loved this :D
Herebedragons66 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
That was utterly beautiful. As much as I dislike the Chantry, I have always felt an affinity for Andraste, and I very much enjoyed your vision of her life, and her death. Thank you for sharing this with us.
codenamecynic chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Oh my goodness, this is just beyond loveliness. It gave me chills and made me want to cry, but it also really made me think about the Andraste legend too. Am I the only one who really does want a copy of the Chant of Light Unabridged? :)

"It is a sword which cuts both ways: love, and the myriad ways it can be lost." - Beautiful. Thank you so much.
thinkdragonage chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
This was quite moving. Thank you.
LoquaciousQuark chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This is utterly beautiful. I can't tell you how much I adore the way you used the paragraph breaks and short sentences, keeping everything very bare and stark and oh, I just love it so much. The "And oh./It burns." lines gave me chills. Andraste and Maferath and their relationship with the Maker has always fascinated me, and the way you wrote their relationship and her dealing with the Voice was just-augh. The ending with the lines "Only her own, the fragile thing that was the only thing she ever truly owned." and "he does not have to understand. Only do." were so achingly beautiful it hurt. Thank you so much for writing this.
Saerwen Tabris chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Vivid storytelling.
Aziethe chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
This is truly lovely. The language you use is so evocative, and it really captures the legend in a way that preserves the mystery and the sanctity of the subject matter. Very unique, as another reviewer said, and the ending was perfect.
Feneris chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
A beautiful, piece of work. No other way to describe it
NotLaura chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Oh, that was just *gorgeous*. I loved it.
lady.baroque chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous and well-written. This has to be one of the best fanfics that I've read in the DA fandom; there's not a false note in the entire story. Well done.
Crisium chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
This is insanely, *insanely* gorgeous, and so unique.

And I'm not quite sure what it was about it, but this part:

"She is a mortal vessel for that which is immortal.

And /oh/.

It burns."

Was very, very touching.
callalili chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
I love the way you use words here-there are certain phrases that I really liked that come to mind, but far too many to quote, and this is a story but it's also a delight in language. I'm glad you wrote about Andraste, first of all, because she's always interested me as a character-mortal and divine, and mortal love and divine love, and eros and thanatos in everything-it's really complicated, and you don't explain it but you represent it so well that you don't have to. I particularly liked the bits about Maferath. He was jealous but she understood and it was (again) all very complicated, but I got why they both acted like they did. I guess the lesson is, gods are really complicated?

I liked, in particular, the part with the Archon and the stake and the sword, and Andraste being alone and afraid. It made the mercy much more poignant.

Will try to catch up with your other works when I am not being hounded by relatives in a foreign country. :/ Great job on this story though.
Revan Sama chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
What a beautiful way to show parts of Andraste's life and feelings. We don't give her legend too much credit and that a shame.

The only thing I can do is praising your work and say "well done I am impress." Believe me or not but I don't say that to many people.