Reviews for Of Lacings and Old Dust
RoxanneTheGreat chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Noey chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Aw that was so sweet3 I'm such a sucker for RusLiet:D
bloodstained kaleidoscope chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
:") Russia deserves more fluff. And this was excellent delivery. *for some reason I feel warmer now~* xD
sanian chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
i like it. reckon subject is ripe enough for a couple more chapters themed around finding stuff in the attic. makes me think of mr. bean in his attic.

Antonia chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
That was beautiful. Just... Beautiful.
0ptimuspenguin chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
So cute! :)
Havoc-Cheese590 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
BAW You just yanked the heart strings out of my chest! I love this so much since it shows Russia's sort of dillusional state in a softer and more endearing way and the way you described everything was phenomenal! I'm gonna go cry tears of happiness k'thanks.

verenicyliubvi chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Have I ever mentioned that I love you? Cause I do. Your writing is FLAWLESS, dear.

... Wait. You wrote The Cat's Cradle! I knew it was you by the style and characterization... It's me, you know, the same person who can cry on cue upon hearing the words "Vilnius was burning" ? I love you. No, really. I LOVE you.

Oh, and just so you know... this story was too precious! You know what it reminded me of (don't kill me}? Two things, actually. One, the movie Anastasia, because that is the picture I get in my head when I think of an amber-colored/golden Russian ballroom. XD Two (again, please spare my life) I thought of the Cleaning Out the Storage strips from the actual Hetalia. I think it's cute how Liet manages to play some role in a bunch of people's reminiscing moments, apparently. XD

Oh, oh, and I also really love how you write the whole halluciantion/daydream stuff as though it's actually there... it makes it so much cooler to see it from the perspective of the person imagining it! And I love how you keep doing that with Russia. Please, please keep it up! This is beautiful, beautiful work you do here!
EEevee chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Lovely little fic. I like the dissection of Russia's feelings; that was very well done.
Kunshi Sekijou chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
The beginning was awesome. It just outlined Ivan's feelings so clearly, that we feel his helplessness in preventing change (because change is the only constant), that he has to teach himself to be apathetic, to be numb in the face of change.

You know, sometimes I really want to say, when it comes to physical aspect, Ivan is definitely stronger than Toris. Yet, mentally, Toris is the one who is more "on top" (XD). Because Toris did not become apathetic, he did not become numb (but of course, this is merely in my opinion... something that is part of my fantasies... yes, I would like Toris to be the one who is mentally stronger of the two). He takes people into his heart, especially when they are good to him (ex Alfred might as well be the best example). And maybe, that is why Lithuania has the world's #1 suicide rate.

That blue uniform... I don't know if you watched the anime version of Hetalia... But, I thought the episode where Russia was going to visit Germany, I saw a blue uniform amongst the things Toris was packing away for Russia... Is that the one you're talking about?

And you know when Ivan saw all those people dancing and the heard the music... It reminded me so much of that one scene from "Anastasia"... (I don't know if you've seen that movie or not...) You know, where she opened up the music box (can't remember exactly... it was so long ago) and she saw all those people dancing...

PS After watching Hetalia, and growing to like Ivan, I am sort of obsessed about finding more about Russia. Like my one friend told me he saw someone ice-fishing by his house. And he was like, "That guy's probably Russian." And I found that to be so cool~

PPS Your Ivan has a nice characterization. He has a nice balance between light and dark. And seriously, you deserve a really nice pat on the back for writing this in Ivan's POV (limited third person). A lot of people complain about how HARD it is to write in his POV... and it is so true. So, good for you!

PS So not only Alfred cleans out his storage! Ivan does too!
LithiumKiss chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
This is really beautiful, I enjoyed it very much :3
SoujisBlackCat chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
*wibbles* That was amazing, really sweet. I like it when Russia gets all nostalgic and slips into fantasy . . . I think he has a romantic heart, you know? You did a good job of keeping with both their personalities, and your writing has just the right amount of description. Great story!

Also, you just reminded me that I need to keep reading Anna Karenina. And then take ballroom dancing lessons. Thank you. :)