Reviews for Royal Guard
pheiral chapter 10 . 8/4
Binge read this fanfic..eventhough the latest update is not encouraging at all..BLESS it I still decided to read this fanfic. It's so damn awesome, how you meld both worlds and some tinkering with the casts situations with the world the way it is. I nver got the chance to play tov but this fics deft make me love Brave Vesperia team, its a good gateway to get to know them. Yuri and Raven esp. And I love Luke and how his story is even more heartbreaking here and I love your Luke too. Also the fact that ToA party one by one finally on the stage too even if not part of the team yet are simply worth rejoicing! I AM CRAVING MOAR! How will Akzeiruth happen? Natalia? Am I M for wanting to read the angst thats gonna happen (of course we need hurt comfort after that...I am not an S)? What kind of things both party member of the game gonna do in all of this? What will their reaction be for the events that gonna happen to their (family) member? This is so good..so great..so entertaining and enganging..thank you for writing this aaaa
I just wanted to say I completely love this fic even though it might be a dead one. Even if you don't ever write more, the ideas a dynamics and imagining where they could go are things I enjoy thinking about. Thanks for what you've written so far of it (I also read you are training as a combat medic in the United States Army. Thanks for your service).

I actually remembered this fic after watching some Tales of Rays. Particularly the Yuri and Luke interactions. Those two have the most adorable friendship in that game. Luke just wants to hang out with him and acts like such a fierce little puppy for his attention. Yuri acts like such a mom friend, even scolding Guy for spoiling Luke - before teaming up w/Guy to mom Luke. Which is ironic because Yuri always spends time w/Luke and does things for/with him (spoils him) despite any initial complaints. It's obvious Yuri has a soft spot for Luke in a similar way he does w/Estelle since he always gives in to him and the two love to go all out training together. Luke also hangs out w/Rita and Raven. So basically yeah Luke's got canon chemistry with the Vesperia crew and fits right in with them (there was also Radiant Mythology 3 w/Flynn. There Luke was a spoiled brat and Flynn was constantly trying to please both Luke and Estelle's demands. It was kind of adorable Flynn instantly there tried to takes care of Luke instead of being irritated w/his attitude).

But basically I could totally now imagine Luke and Yuri in your story growing into this dynamic (granted Luke would still be very emotionally stunted as I've seen in this story) and I already love the seeds you've planted between them. Despite how heated things can be between them, both still like/care about each other. Yuri's already being protective/invested over Luke to some extent and Luke just needs to understand Yuri does in fact care (Luke just makes it so much fun to tease him).

You know it just occurred to me that in the Vesperia world, Luke might be a very interesting individual for the entelaxia. After all I bet they know all about Lorelei. Re watching the Abyss walkthrough and going over canon material, Luke is literally the other Lorelei. Like how Jesus is God in human form way. Asch is the isofon, but Luke is 100% 7th fonon and Lorelei has only ever called Luke his other self. Plus it makes sense why only Luke can remove the Score. Because his real identity is Lorelei. I could totally see the Entelexia calling Luke Lorelei and thinking of him as something a little more human (which to be fair he kind of is, considering he's Abyss God's human incarnation and Lorelei chose him over Asch). It just feels like a really cool contrast since Luke's powers in Vesperia don't naturally cause the world harm. The Entelexia just need to monitor him to see he's not ax crazy evil and once they know his character they'll also 'chose' him to save their world from the Score. It wouldn't surprise me if the Entelexia even still have contact w/Lorelei and agree to plan w/Lorelei to help Luke move in ways to destroy the Score so the world won't die. Idk if this is what you were planning originally but it's just something cool to think about Luke branching out (cause really his journey is the spirit of this story while I consider Yuri's the soul) to meet these creatures and form a bond w/them. I think Judith would really help in that way and act as his guardian/mentor sort of since she'd be helping him understand beings w/knowledge connected to his powers (the emotional build up would also make the gang asking the entelexia to die later on also more powerful since - if that took place before Tower of Rem situation then Luke would think all the more that his worth was dying for the world was right since his surrogate family essentially asked others of the same thing).

Yes I adore Yuri getting a front row seat to all this action. Things went pretty easy for the ves crew overall and I would be very curious to see how Yuri being inserted into Luke's dilemmas and hard choices would affect things. I particularly really liked his interactions w/Jade so far and why he wouldn't like him (I could also see him constantly comparing Jade to Rita and thinking why Jade can't help Luke when Rita could help Estelle before realizing how helpless Jade feels). I also really like his dynamic w/Guy. The two can be pretty similar and yet wildly different (pissed off Guy would scare me more then pissed off Yuri). In this story, after Luke and Yuri bond more, I could see Yuri and Guy being at some real odds w/each other not only of matters of Justice. But over how to treat Luke since both would have different ways of dealing w/him. Basically Luke's going to have two (maybe three if Flynn and Luke bond. Oh gosh Flynn would be the biggest anti Tear/Luke shipper and think he has to protect Luke's innocence) big brothers who are the mom friend and can be over protective and even hypocritical over his safety (good lord, Yuri's going to punch Duke Fabre out after find out how he's treated Luke and was willing to let Luke die. Yuri will probably just straight up kidnap Luke for real and adopt him himself).

Either way thanks for writing this story and I really enjoyed all that you wrote.
HappyBoo chapter 10 . 6/16/2017
This is soooooooooo good! Seriously, been looking for a good tales of xover, and this hits that spot. I love Luke's interactions with Brave Vespiria, it is really funny! And it's true. Flynn and Guy look so much alike, the way you played off it with Yuri was really well done. Just a shame that it seems like you've abandoned the story. Well, I still have hope!
ReimaChan chapter 1 . 5/23/2017
I really like this story, a bit sad because it's seems abandoned, nevertheless is worth reading
Luci chapter 10 . 3/22/2017
Great story! I really like it thus far. You are an amazing writer!
Guest chapter 10 . 5/3/2015
Brilliant way to combine the two plots, but now the problems must merge as well. Clones, and Aer deprived planet... Should be fun. Hopefully, set is not completely inferior fonons, or Vesperia's plot really has no role, but the Vesperia characters in the Abyss plot should be extremely entertaining.
FireDragonX23 chapter 10 . 2/23/2015
Good chapter
ralf07 chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
I recommend you to watch Tales of Festival if you haven't yet. it might help you writting a crossover tales fic.
WildfireDreams chapter 10 . 2/9/2015
Awesome looking forward to more! I had completely forgotten about this one so glad its not dead!
Katsugi chapter 10 . 2/8/2015
Thank you for writing this. I enjoyed the update.
Pup-Ashbless chapter 10 . 2/8/2015
Wow, it's great you're back and still interested in this story (and the late update is perfectly fine, thanks for doing what you're doing out there, stay safe).

First of all, I really liked Luke's frustration at being left in the dark. It's easy to sympathize with him since he knows Van's doing something unsettling after seeing the actions of the soldiers working under him but being kept in the dark about it. I also liked how his kindness was highlighted again with his respect for Estelle's independence, his desire to not lose Guy or Yuri, and his (canon) protectiveness over Ion. I'm curious if Tear will be able to talk with him about anything and how that might change how Akzeriuth is destroyed. Speaking of Tear, I got to say she's quite the wild card right now. She's working with Asch, she's working with the God Generals, and yet she's with neither of them. It makes her role feel more dynamic since you don't know where or who she's going to end up with next. I also like how even though there are a lot of differences, one of the things that have stayed the same is Tear still taking care/watching over Luke in this version. He may not be sheltered/as naive, but he's still obviously lost in his own way and Tear's actively trying to talk to him and help him see things more clearly so he can avoind becoming her brother's pawn. I really liked seeing the last scene for that reason since, even though the story isn't going to be about their bond as much as Luke's bond with Yuri, it still feels important for both characters by making Luke want to trust Tear instinctively.

Also, go Phaeroh!

I liked reading Yuri's pov in the beginning. He's still got a backbone even when at a disadvantage with ruthless people like Asch and protective instinct with everyone from Luke to even Guy. I also liked how he was unsettled/amazed by the power fonons and disturbed by the reality of war. It makes him feel more human as he's never left the Lower Quarter, (besides in the First Strike, but he wasn't away for long and while traumatic, the events we not on the same level as war with people against people on a large scale or kept him from more or less peacefully walking away) and like Estelle hasn't seen as much of the world yet to know everything. I like how he's going to be dealing with enemies, while horrible, have very humanizing depths to them (more so than Cumore or Ragou) and have the potential to interact and learn about them more since he's got Abyss characters traveling with him who have a habit of doing that with their enemies before they kill them (Yuri refused to learn about Alexei so he wouldn't seem human when he cut him down. In contrast to Duke, who he did learn a lot about and chose to reason with him/save him instead of killing him even though he was trying to do something way worse then Alexei was).

I think that's all I have to say. Thanks for the awesome chapter. Have a good night.
terracannon876 chapter 10 . 2/8/2015
I saw the title of this fic in my mailbox, and I was like, wait, could this be?! And then I saw the fandom and author and I was like, YES! YES IT IS!

This was one of my favorite fics in the Tales crossover genre, and it still is, and it was because of this fic that I have a special spot for Luke and Yuri (just interacting. Haven't seen any pairing with them yet). The story is really going, though, and speeding up like a train bound for collision. I really like how you focus on Luke's thoughts, including what he doesn't know, and I still like your writing style and think it flows really, really well. And I really like the idea of Luke as Captain of Royal Guard.

Welp, Guy can't be in a good state right now ._. And Luke ... poor Luke. That was one thing in the game - people tell him to do things but never say why. I mean, I was a little annoyed at how Yuri went "do what you want" as though Luke wasn't putting effort into it (I know he didn't mean it that way, but...) but this is ultimately much worse, because ... well, is Luke actually going to listen to Asch? lol

I do like how you shuffle around the events in TotA so that they still happen, but in the context of this fic and of ToV. For example, the Choral(?) Castle scene with Luke was moved here to ... the Oracle Knights Ship(?). Also when Guy appeared to save Luke from the Leviathan a few chapters back (haha... Yes, I went and reread your entire fic after getting this alert lol).

Thanks for writing! I mean, I don't WANT to wait a long time for the next chapter, but I would love to read it whenever it comes, in your own time :)
Guest chapter 10 . 2/8/2015
Ah, Ash's the always so good diplomate.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/8/2015
Ah it's developing into something greater !
Guest chapter 5 . 2/8/2015
The fact that Luke go along everybody's whim is also annoying.