Reviews for This World Needs Acceptance
Zarohk Korobase chapter 19 . 1/6/2011
Bravo, Bravo! [Round of clapping] Wonderful story, it made me cry. Interesting drabbles that are great on their own, but any two of which together could also make a great story, even if its just a short one-shot. Interesting that you assumed that Dumbledore never confessed his feelings to Grindelwald. I personally have interpreted the fact that Dumbledore was gay plus the fact that he wanted to changed the world with Grindelwald to mean that they were a couple, but your fic makes it clear that that thought is a bit of an anachronism. Thank you for this wonderful story!
SocksForDobby chapter 19 . 1/6/2011
Interesting ending. Not sure how I feel about the final two lines. I realise this fic is about awareness, but the way it is done us a bit over the top, forcing down your throat. You might be better off, if this is a topic you are passionate about, writing a story about Sirius or Draco getting disowned. Hints of your beliefs is great, but a fanfic about them is a bit much. Learned writers are very subtle with their agendas :)

Well done, just the same!
SocksForDobby chapter 17 . 1/6/2011
I realise you did not write the poem but I found it sad how it played into stereotypes. The terrified woman was one thing but something almost identical next, also with women? Men abuse and are abused, by both women and other men, emotionally and phsyically, a topic I feel goes ignored. One that, for personal reasons, annoys me. They could have said 'because we are both men'. Then again, it is percieved that more women put up with abuse than men, which is likely so... Again, not your fault. Just a rant.

Pansy Parkinson. God. It is a good thing not everyone you mention is really gay in the series or they would rarely reproduce!
SocksForDobby chapter 16 . 1/4/2011
I was unable to tell who this was. It did not seem HPish at all. But still well written!
SocksForDobby chapter 15 . 1/4/2011
I cringed at the Malfoy part. Teddy is NOT a Malfoy! Cute though... i love how Teddy is such a Ravenclaw.

The Teddy factor reminds me of my current WIP. Better go update that!
SocksForDobby chapter 14 . 1/4/2011
I consider Remus and Sirius canon. Just saying.

Remus knew where the Potters lived. Not being Secret Keeper, he could not tell you - if a non SK tries to tell, it is generally assumed no sound comes out. But he knew.

well done besides!
SocksForDobby chapter 13 . 1/4/2011
Please forgive my ignorance surrounding this topic. I am not familar with the laws in the States surrounding this topic, laws I am sure this poem refers to.

Is it not that they are not allowed in because they are not kin or not married? My impression was that it is not discrimination against gays but that the same would happen if Tonks were say, with Remus. Had she been married to said girlfriend, which may or may not be legal in the Wizarding world, it would not be an issue.
SocksForDobby chapter 12 . 1/4/2011
Hard to say 'poor Blaise'. There are options, especially if you are not tested positive for HIV or AIDS. It is his fault he has no close understanding friends. It is his fault he doe not pose as a Muggle and get a job at Tesco's.

And Slytherins are supposed to be ambitious.

I realise these things happen to many people, but this character had options.
SocksForDobby chapter 11 . 1/4/2011
...Rita Skeeter?

Not particularly feeling this chapter but I am sure it is because I do not particularly identify with the character at all.
SocksForDobby chapter 10 . 1/4/2011
Awww. Dumbledore. I like how you did not outright say it was him. Funny... He is the only for sure gay character in HP and probably has the least slash written on him.
SocksForDobby chapter 7 . 1/4/2011
I got alerts for more chapters but there seems to be none found. That makes me sad.
SocksForDobby chapter 9 . 3/10/2010
I think that this is done quite creatively. Good job!
Jean815 chapter 7 . 1/24/2010
This is good. Really. I'm sick of all the other "homosexual stories" out there which are basically just smut. Thank you for writing this. It's fresh. )
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 7 . 1/4/2010
I support gay, bisexual, and lesbian people. If one of my kids (if I end up having any) were gay, lebian, or bisexual, I wouldn't disown them or hate at all. I wouldn't mind. This story should help a lot of people become more accepting towards gays, lesbians, and bisexuals and help some ghomosexuals and bisexuals cope with being disowned and hated because of their sexuality. You should do a chapter involing a bisexual man or woman.
jessirose85 chapter 7 . 12/29/2009
I have just got back from holidays...loving this poetry x