Reviews for Prodigal
Decantate chapter 16 . 7/30/2010
Awwww. AWWWWW. This is the first Alistair romance I've been sucked into for a while!
Decantate chapter 11 . 7/30/2010
Ooooh, Cailan choking Maebh gave me chills!
Decantate chapter 7 . 7/30/2010
Wow she really did go unhinged with Cailan's death. Excellent writing!
JackOfBladesX chapter 25 . 7/26/2010
Okay, read the whole 25 chapters in like two days (considering I have the attention span of a goldfish, that really says a lot).

I liked it, most of it at least. I loved the concept of Amell coming from Noble Roots, always played with the idea myself actually...though never to the extreme her being the daughter of Lohgain. That was just...wow.

You add a lot of flavor throughout the story that i enjoy...like the concept of mainlining lyrium being harmful (which it probably would be), the whole detoxification process.

Her reason's for putting Bhelen (who is in fact a jack ss) on the throne were sound. I liked Gregior (something rare), he was actually one of my favorite characters in this fanfic.

I also enjoyed Maebh's personality and character. Her Strengths, her vulnerabilities. Her powers were a bit advanced though (near the beginning, she could use Petrify, which is really described as a high level earth spell). You could probably get Petrify at that point in the game, but you'd really would have to abandon all else and she really had a long repoitare at that point. Oh well, creative license i suppose.

Lohgain was well done. You totally kept him in character throughout this whole thing. Lohgain (in my opinion) is the model citizen for the phrase "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". That's definite his fatal flaw, doing something extreme, trying to do something good. And that's what he did here. He went to extreme (EVIL) levels to protect his daughter, despite the fact that everyone think he looks like an ass.

That being said, while i liked most of it, i didn't care for the very end. Anora was a total B!tch in certain parts, and Maebh kinda just takes it (she even acted like a f'cking victim at one point). Lohgain...she showed an incredible amount of weakness when she allowed Lohgain to live. It wasn't the act itself that bugs me, but how she did it. Definitely not good.

I did like some of the interaction between the two, along with her reconciliation with Allistair.

Other than the end, i really like this fic. Great job, a definite win.
patbaking chapter 9 . 7/23/2010
WOW! Can I have what she had :}

Great story by the way. Your the only one that didn't make cailan sound like a man whore with NO brains.
Decantate chapter 22 . 7/19/2010
Ok Cauthrien's punch?

~*awesome*~

I wish I could say that in sparkle text.
Decantate chapter 21 . 7/19/2010
Oh WOW this was WOW. You did good with the words. I cried, I lau- no wait, I cringed, then I kind of wanted to make out with Alistair to make it better.

You are such a good writer! My gosh, that bit with Loghain abandoning Maebh! SOB!
Persephone Chiara chapter 7 . 7/9/2010
WOW, the INTENSITY! So utterly sad, yet riveting!
Persephone Chiara chapter 5 . 7/9/2010
I really like this idea. Would have provided A LOT of drama in the game! XD
Persephone Chiara chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Oooooooooooh! Forget my earlier request in my review on "Blood". This is utterly breathtaking!
jugalettePENNER chapter 17 . 6/10/2010
you left out there sex scene?
Michele O'S chapter 25 . 6/3/2010
I truly enjoyed this story. This is the first DAO game play story I've read that did not feel like I was watching someone else play. You took the game to another level. It felt fresh and new and not another play through.

Having Maebh be the mage daughter of Loghain was a brilliant twist. You had me wondering whether or not she would kill or let Alistair kill Loghain up until her final action to conscript him.

All the characters were well written. I will now move on to your sequel :)

Liso
jweean chapter 25 . 3/9/2010
Wow, I just finished reading this (after so long)! The ending made me sad, but all in all, I loved it!
Kakimashou chapter 25 . 3/7/2010
What a nice ending. These last chapters were beautifully executed!
DarkMage6 chapter 25 . 3/3/2010
Sequel!

Twas sad, the way it ended. Poor Maebh.
149 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »