Reviews for Motives
Herebedragons66 chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Very nice. Great characterization of Loghain (who is my favorite DA character by FAR), and OUCH - Cailan's fascination with an elven Grey Warden. Yeah, that would push Loghain over the edge. This works perfectly to set up the events at Ostagar.

(Although - and this is not a criticism of the story, just a general comment - I can't deal with Rowan and Loghain only having that one night together, even if that's the only one mentioned in TST. In my head, I have to believe they had some additional time together. It's WAAAAAY too sad and depressing for me otherwise. I'm sappy that way). :D
Newsgirl29 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
love it! The more I read the novels the more feel sorry for Loghain and Rowan.
Zulyana chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I just recently finished reading both of the DA books, so coming to read this.. oh, heartbreaking.

I loved this, so so much. The image in my head of Loghain was forever changed with the books, this just cements that image further.

Poor guy. :(
Madam Pudifoot chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Wonderful character study! It always seemed odd that Loghain could kill Cailan and feel justified in it. But then, as far as he was concerned Cailan was a child trying to live up to Maric's feats, and he was welcoming back the very people that they all worked so hard to defeat. I just love that you incorporated that soldier's remark of Cailan and Loghain arguing about the queen again; Cailan having his papa's taste is women is quite funny, especially is you're a mage/elf PC and romance Alistair. Oh, you wonderful Theirin's, all of you.

Erm, anyhow, excellent fic!
NuitNuit chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
someone linked this story to me today and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I've always thought Loghain was a misunderstood character. I definitely need to go out and get the books now!
Swirlwind chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I liked the short story, but there was a detail I'm not entirely sure of. When playing the game, I got the impression that Alistair is not the illegitimate son mentioned in the book, considering the whole Goldanna subplot in the game. Is there something you know and I don't?
Witchy Bee chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
Curse you! I didn't even know there were novels and now I even feel sorry for that bastard Loghain, how could you?
Thessilian chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This ties in very beautifully with the novels. I too wondered at Loghains utter betrayal of Maric and Rowan by killing their son after reading both books. This is very moving and perfectly Loghain.