Reviews for Command Respect
Very good.
Scribe 0f Alexandria chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
What an amazing bit of insight into both their minds, but especially Spock. You've got him figured out so perfectly, his minutest reactions are come across as authentic - it's like you've picked that Vulcan brain of his!

I also loved this explanation for Spock's occasional mingling with the crew, and can see it meshing with the series down to the letter.
Brown hair and eyes chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
I don't even watch Startreck and have just Favorited this story. That is the power of your great writing. (Please use it for good!)
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Great job!
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I love it. Adorable. It makes sense that Kirk would have to persuasively recruit Spock, especially given the episode where he has to take charge down on a planet and the way it shows he's just not that great at being in charge at that early point in time. And it does make sense that Kirk would encourage Spock to grow social skills befitting interaction with humans. Kirk always tries to help everyone around him grow as people. It's one of his best qualities.
Mister D8a chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I just wish that they had done that more often in the series.

James
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Brilliant conversation-I really enjoyed this story. I think you hit it dead on with both characters and I really enjoy stories about how Kirk and Spock built their relationship.
SpockLikesCats chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
I love this story. It fits in exactly with my view that Kirk would have wanted Spock to begin socializing with the crew, at least on an occasional basis, so they could see Spock was not a "walking computer." I believe that Spock's friend Lt. Uhura also helps in this regard, and Spock "puts up with her singing her improvised song about him" for the same reason!

I look forward to reading your S Holmes fic too!
Illaine Waterhouse chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
*laughs hysterically* Well! That last part certainly made my day- even though it's nearly nine o'clock in the evening here...
Kermitty chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
I love the way you write Kirk and Spock. Also, I have made a New Years resolution to review as often as I can. So you can expect several more reviews from me soon,

Love,

Kermitty
star trek nutcase chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Interesting brief one, very enjoyable, with characters & dialogue spot on as usual.

I always thought Kirk wasn't given enuf credit. So much of the time Spock was pulling Kirk's fat from the fire (usually of Kirk's own making), and yet this is a perfect example of how Kirk had as much to offer Spock only in a different arena. With each other's help, Kirk grew and matured from the youngest captain in Starfleet history and Spock did the same from the conflicted being with feet uncomfortably in two worlds. And Spock was lucky that Pike's career ended when it did - Pike had Spock for 11 years and never went beyond the obvious abilities Spock displayed - Kirk's ability to see beyond the surface was one of his people skills that made him so successful. As a ST/TOS fan-nut, I know I probably attribute more meaning than the writers ever dreamt of, but I think this is another lesson ST/TOS teaches (unplummed depths, value of mentoring, serendipitous effects persons have on one another).

As usual, loved it.
The Accidental Proverbialist chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Your stories and use of the characters are spot on and I am unable to offer any constructive criticism! One question, tho...in Charlie X, when Spock was playing and Uhura singing, do you think that Spock's SMILE (not just his eyes, but his entire face!) was a slip or was it something that he made a concious and logical decision to do? A conversation with his captain, similar to the one in this story, could have lead him to the conclusion that a small show of emotions would facilitate the crew being more familiar with him. (Not enough apparently, tho, based on The Galileo Seven)

Maybe he needs to do something like what's in my "The Vulcan Under the Bus". Then again, perhaps not.
bluedragon1836 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
I love your Star Trek stories!
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Wow, this is just as good as Progression, I really like your writing style, keep up the great work! :-)
Sarai chapter 1 . 2/9/2010