Reviews for Footsteps
caligo-lux chapter 11 . 8/28/2013
well...that was one abrupt ending...
i really liked your story...well except for this ending chapter...it just feels like you had no interest in your own fiction anymore.
vid-gamer-of-Hyrule chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
omg this ending! I have come to love Boromir a lot, and Pippin has become my favorite Hobbit out of the four after recently rewatching Return of the King so the ending definitely caused my chest to ache a bit.

In other words, your story was really, REALLY good!
Ybs chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Well hey there! I love the friendship that you portray between Glorfindel and Erestor. I noticed in a reply to a review in a chapter that you had written previous stories about them that you had taken down. Are they any where else on the internet? I'd love to read more about them in the style that you write. Please let me know! Thanks heaps. I really enjoyed this story, it's so very touching.
trekde chapter 10 . 2/14/2012
I've reread for the nth time this story and i think i didn't leave any feedback yet...i simply love it as the othera you delete...in there's any chance that you will post them again? Or you can pm me and email them...lotr fandom has lotr a very talented author since you haven't written no mere story. Hope to nera sono from you

Silvia
Mikkalea Luna chapter 11 . 6/5/2011
So, now I have finished your story and I loved every minute of it! I had originally finished it two days ago, but it was very late at that time and since I had only four hours to sleep left, i decided to review another time! :-)

The friendship between Boromir and Pippin seemed very real to me and the humour you inserted throughout the story had me laughing out loud several times!

I loved how you portrait Pippin! People constantly seem to forget, that he isn't a child, and that there is more to him than just being a 'little dumb or funny hobbit'!

I think you (or Boromir ;-) ) raised some very good questions, about Gandalf's and Aragorn's actions and behaviour. (for example when Aragorn gave the Hobbits swords, but didn't teach them how to use them!) There were also good points about the treatment of the Hobbits. Especially Merry and Pippin! There were times when I could only wholeheartedly agree with Boromir!

On the other side Boromir too had a very 'black or white' way of thinking! In my eyes he never gave Aragorn a real chance to explain himself! After he learned who Aragorn truly was, he was positively aggressive in his behaviour against him and would only hear, what he wanted to hear. (I hope you understand what I am trying to say)

On one hand, he complained that Aragorn hadn't claimed his birthright early, or didn't thought of Minas Tirith as 'our city, our people'. On the other hand he had made it perfectly clear that Aragorn was unwelcome in 'his' (Boromir's) city! It seemed to me throughout the story that what ever Aragorn/Strider did, it was always the wrong thing in Boromir's eyes!

But I'm rambling! I just wanted to say, that you created a very complex and 'real' Boromir who had strengths but also weaknesses! A very enjoyable read! There was so much more in this story than "only" Boromir&Pippin friendship!

Wow, this has become a very long review (for me anyway!) but now I am coming to the end :-) I just have to ask you something...

After reading your A/N in this story and some of the reviews, I realised that I have probably read a story of yours a long time ago. It was about Faramir staying with the rangers, and covered eventually the Ring War. But somehow Boromir knew who Aragorn was. (I think he went to Rivendell some time earlier and Faramir followed him) If I remember right, Denethor lived in this story (or stories? I think it was more than one...)

Are they still somewhere available? Or will you post them again? I would love to read them once more!

lg Mikkalea
Mikkalea Luna chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I have just started to read your story and simply had to review this chapter! :-)

"What are you, precisely?" Boromir asked, amply displaying why he was the soldier of the family, and his father was the diplomat.

Alone this one sentence made me laugh really hard! (The following conversation as well!) :-D And the scene with Erestor was just hilarious!

Since this is a tragedy I am sure it will get more tragically, but this was really one of the most funny things I have read in "canon and in charcter" LotR fandom!

lg Mikkalea
Celestra chapter 11 . 5/31/2011
I really enjoyed reading this and the new perspectives it offered. I quite liked how you wrote Pippin and Boromir's interactions, there was a real warmth and humour to them that made the abrupt end of their friendship all the more tragic. Most of all, I appreciated your sympathetic portrayal of Boromir - it was nice to see him for once not being portrayed as greedy, weak, or evil. I had always felt that given both his and Aragorn's respective heritages, there would have been a lot more tension between them, and I felt both the movies and books don't quite carry that across. Anyways, well done :)
Lerry Hazel chapter 11 . 5/16/2011
I absolutely loved it! Thank you so much for such... correct interpretation!
dstr6uy8i chapter 2 . 1/18/2011
"smug little princling) PERFECT description of Legolas! I love Boromir and Pippin, they're both so cute!
bettina1959 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I was wondering if you can help me. I am looking for a few stories and i am sure they are your's since they have Thalion and Brethilas and in first one is about Thranduil meeting Estel in became good friends, going Caterpillar hunting. Thranduil oldest Son comes too and he is trying to kill the end he hangs himself with his hair. I loved this was one of the best i came accross and i been looking for it forever. Help please.
RiverSong DreamShadow chapter 11 . 7/27/2010
Well, I loved it! The story is sweet, and the interaction between Pippin and Boromir touching and genuine. I love the depth of characters and the conflicts between them. I cannot wait to see what you will come up with next - my favorites are those concerning Faramir and Boromir... and Ancir, of course!
RiverSong DreamShadow chapter 3 . 7/27/2010
"I recently removed the remaining 139..." Oh, no! I know I reviewed another of your stories mourning the loss of these treasures, but this brief mention has awoken my grief anew! Again I ask, would it be at all possible to re-post Fugitive, Hunter, and House of Telcontar? Or, barring that, would you be willing to email me a copy of the manuscripts? I truly do mourn the loss of these stories; it was akin to losing a valued friend or three... the characters that you had developed I grew to enjoy even more than canon!

Anyway, I shall continue reading this story and submit a review concerning the actual content of the story at the final chapter. Until then, blessed be.
dancingkatz chapter 11 . 7/5/2010
Dearest Jay, I finally have found time to read stories again instead of writing term papers (it has been a very long school year) and started my recreationa lreading with your stories. I'm sniffling because of Boromir's death but more becasue he died feeling that he was honourless and a failure. If only he could have seen a vision of what his Little One would accomplish by the time the Ring War ended in the moments bfore his passing from the Cicles of Arda. It would not have cured all his heart-ache but surely, it would have helped a bit.

The relationship between Boromir and Pippin that you have developed is wonderful. The way their two senses of humour strike sparks off each other is priceless. I also liked the conversation between Boromir and Erestor and of course, dear Glorfindel cannot be forgotten.

Thank you again for sharing your version of Tolkien's world and characters. I offer applause, a dozen homemade oatmeal-raisin biscuits, and a voucher for whatever beverage strikes your fancy as payment for the enjoyable hours I've spent this afternoon. Cheers!

Dee
In Awe chapter 11 . 3/2/2010
Amazing! I had never thought about it from Boromir's point of view before and the hurt he must have gone through. Thoroughly enjoyed the story. *Faves*
Ithil-valon chapter 11 . 2/8/2010
I always enjoy so much the tiny details that you always add to your tales that make them live for us. In this case it is how Boromir records his thoughts in his daybook at the close of each day. It is a habit for one born to leadership.

Pippin never fails to encourage, and for that he has endeared himself to me. He reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies, Seabiscuit. “Though he be little, he is fierce.”

Your reason for Boromir’s shudder before he leaves the boat is just perfect.

/he let go of his fear, and his loss, and his…duty./ This just broke my heart.

Wonderful tale, my friend, and I so look forward to more Moon Hare.