Reviews for Footsteps
Sharpshooter chapter 2 . 3/20
The beginning of a beautiful relationship. Perfect for our poor Boromir, usually he seems to be so lonely and have too many responsibilities weighing him down. Pippin will be just perfect at cheering Boromir as he struggles sometimes.
Many thanks - perfect.
SHARPSHOOTER1 chapter 1 . 3/20
mouth watering and delightful start many thanks
talking cockerel chapter 11 . 1/25
Absolutely beautiful. I miss those old stories of Glorfindel and Erestor, years ago I asked you about them and you told me you had deleted them... There's something about not returning to old memories, as Pippin and Boromir discussed some chapters back, that I understand :) Stories like this taught me how to feel.
Peersrogue chapter 11 . 7/16/2014
Wiping tears from my eyes. I love the way you construct your magical stories and it is such a relief to read Aragorns many faults and weakness. One gets so tired of reading how perfect Aragorn was/is/!
What a wonderful Boromir, just as I imagine him. Thank you so much. A precious tale to read and re read. Again I salute you and I thank you so much
Peersrogue chapter 11 . 5/9/2014
Swept away, marvellous yet too sad for words. Long I have searched to see if you were still writing. You have been missed. Dear Evendim please do not leave our darling Boromir alone to die by the rivers edge.

Sorry I have not commented on all the chapters, for which I apologise I was simply too eager read the next chapter.

Many thanks
caligo-lux chapter 11 . 8/28/2013
well...that was one abrupt ending...
i really liked your story...well except for this ending chapter...it just feels like you had no interest in your own fiction anymore.
vid-gamer-of-Hyrule chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
omg this ending! I have come to love Boromir a lot, and Pippin has become my favorite Hobbit out of the four after recently rewatching Return of the King so the ending definitely caused my chest to ache a bit.

In other words, your story was really, REALLY good!
Ybs chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Well hey there! I love the friendship that you portray between Glorfindel and Erestor. I noticed in a reply to a review in a chapter that you had written previous stories about them that you had taken down. Are they any where else on the internet? I'd love to read more about them in the style that you write. Please let me know! Thanks heaps. I really enjoyed this story, it's so very touching.
trekde chapter 10 . 2/14/2012
I've reread for the nth time this story and i think i didn't leave any feedback yet...i simply love it as the othera you delete...in there's any chance that you will post them again? Or you can pm me and email them...lotr fandom has lotr a very talented author since you haven't written no mere story. Hope to nera sono from you

Silvia
Mikkalea Luna chapter 11 . 6/5/2011
So, now I have finished your story and I loved every minute of it! I had originally finished it two days ago, but it was very late at that time and since I had only four hours to sleep left, i decided to review another time! :-)

The friendship between Boromir and Pippin seemed very real to me and the humour you inserted throughout the story had me laughing out loud several times!

I loved how you portrait Pippin! People constantly seem to forget, that he isn't a child, and that there is more to him than just being a 'little dumb or funny hobbit'!

I think you (or Boromir ;-) ) raised some very good questions, about Gandalf's and Aragorn's actions and behaviour. (for example when Aragorn gave the Hobbits swords, but didn't teach them how to use them!) There were also good points about the treatment of the Hobbits. Especially Merry and Pippin! There were times when I could only wholeheartedly agree with Boromir!

On the other side Boromir too had a very 'black or white' way of thinking! In my eyes he never gave Aragorn a real chance to explain himself! After he learned who Aragorn truly was, he was positively aggressive in his behaviour against him and would only hear, what he wanted to hear. (I hope you understand what I am trying to say)

On one hand, he complained that Aragorn hadn't claimed his birthright early, or didn't thought of Minas Tirith as 'our city, our people'. On the other hand he had made it perfectly clear that Aragorn was unwelcome in 'his' (Boromir's) city! It seemed to me throughout the story that what ever Aragorn/Strider did, it was always the wrong thing in Boromir's eyes!

But I'm rambling! I just wanted to say, that you created a very complex and 'real' Boromir who had strengths but also weaknesses! A very enjoyable read! There was so much more in this story than "only" Boromir&Pippin friendship!

Wow, this has become a very long review (for me anyway!) but now I am coming to the end :-) I just have to ask you something...

After reading your A/N in this story and some of the reviews, I realised that I have probably read a story of yours a long time ago. It was about Faramir staying with the rangers, and covered eventually the Ring War. But somehow Boromir knew who Aragorn was. (I think he went to Rivendell some time earlier and Faramir followed him) If I remember right, Denethor lived in this story (or stories? I think it was more than one...)

Are they still somewhere available? Or will you post them again? I would love to read them once more!

lg Mikkalea
Mikkalea Luna chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I have just started to read your story and simply had to review this chapter! :-)

"What are you, precisely?" Boromir asked, amply displaying why he was the soldier of the family, and his father was the diplomat.

Alone this one sentence made me laugh really hard! (The following conversation as well!) :-D And the scene with Erestor was just hilarious!

Since this is a tragedy I am sure it will get more tragically, but this was really one of the most funny things I have read in "canon and in charcter" LotR fandom!

lg Mikkalea
Celestra chapter 11 . 5/31/2011
I really enjoyed reading this and the new perspectives it offered. I quite liked how you wrote Pippin and Boromir's interactions, there was a real warmth and humour to them that made the abrupt end of their friendship all the more tragic. Most of all, I appreciated your sympathetic portrayal of Boromir - it was nice to see him for once not being portrayed as greedy, weak, or evil. I had always felt that given both his and Aragorn's respective heritages, there would have been a lot more tension between them, and I felt both the movies and books don't quite carry that across. Anyways, well done :)
Lerry Hazel chapter 11 . 5/16/2011
I absolutely loved it! Thank you so much for such... correct interpretation!
dstr6uy8i chapter 2 . 1/18/2011
"smug little princling) PERFECT description of Legolas! I love Boromir and Pippin, they're both so cute!
bettina1959 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I was wondering if you can help me. I am looking for a few stories and i am sure they are your's since they have Thalion and Brethilas and in first one is about Thranduil meeting Estel in became good friends, going Caterpillar hunting. Thranduil oldest Son comes too and he is trying to kill the end he hangs himself with his hair. I loved this was one of the best i came accross and i been looking for it forever. Help please.