Reviews for MONSTERS ARE REAL chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Beautifully written but heartbreaking both Sam and Dean's pain. Sam's on finding out what is really out there and Dean's for how it has affected his little brother and his loss of innocence. Both Sam and Dean so needed that hug and the comfort it provided.

Great job.
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Great tag, heartfelt and real, just how I see Dean reacting to Sam's loss of innocence.

carocali chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Oh, how lovely! You've captured both Sam's and Dean's pain with your few words. I love that you start the "As long as I'm around..." mantra this early to come back later on.

Thanks for the glimpse into that night!

vonnie836 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Awesome job. I really loved this little tag. Poor Sammy. Its so great though that he has a big brother like Dean. Hugs, Vonnie
jensensgirl3 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Got to feel sorry for poor Sammy being so young and learning about monsters, Dean tried so hard to keep that away from his brother. Now he's feeling his pain and can't take it anymore, so he did what Dean would do hug Sam and keep him safe.

Nice story about the Christmas episode.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
That was such a sad scene and so spot on for how brother's act. But I must admit, that the little bit of comfort here is just what I needed and what they needed to round out the scene. Thanks for sharing this!
Visionairy chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Thank you for a wonderful little story. I agree, I saw that episode again recently, and I do feel bad for little Sammy. Dean's feelings are so very well presented here. I particularly liked, "He said my freakish crap wasn't freakish. When you love someone - when they hurt - you hurt." How true. Thanks so much for posting this! Wishing you a very wonderful New Year!
mousefiction chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Great job!
TraSan chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
As far as I'm concerned this is exactly what happened after that scene!

Awesome. Wonderful. Beautiful.
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Poor Dean.

Well poor Sammy, too, but seeing Sam suffer like that has to be bad for Dean..

great story.

Loved it
moira4eku chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I wanted to cry right along with Sam and Dean. Dean is hurting as much as Sam because I'm sure he feels it is another failure of his (to keep Sammy innocent in the world of the Supernatural). I'm glad that Dean eventually gave some comfort to his little brother whose heart is breaking into a million pieces.
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Aww this was soo good! Poor Sammy, its gotta be horrible to find out monsters exist on Christmas of all days .o Great story honey! You wrote it perfectly :D
FreckledAdvocate chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Aww... very in character for the weechesters. well done.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Thanks for sharing your missing scene with us.

This would have been a very nice moment to have seen with the brothers. Dean offering some comfort even if he couldn't change the truth of what Sam now knew.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Phx chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
Aw. Yeah the ending of the SN xmas Christmas always left me sad. I really wanted Dean to offer some sort of comfort, even if only an impossible promise. Sometimes the sentiment behind the offer is more important than the validity of the promise. I loved the emotion behind Dean and his thinking. very inline to what I think the kid might have been thinking. And, please, Kripke, bring THIS big brother back to us this season...