Reviews for When Words Became Currency
TallDarkAndHandsome chapter 1 . 1/6
oh great im crying good job. OMG WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN CANON? I SHIP PETER CARLISLE SO MUCH! Hey if you watched Broadchurch, you know that line where david's like "i hate this place. i hate the blah blah" and he goes on and on about the things he hates (including the air)? yeah, the exact same line is in blackpool. and in both the places, he played a detective inspector.

Coincidence?
angieblair10 chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
This is wonderful! I read this in Natalie's voice. It was so realistic, it could have been in the show and totally fit. Keep up the good work (:
Desy chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Another great Blackpool fanfic. I really like your explanation of her marriage with Ripley. To be honest like Peter I didn't really understand what she was doing with him since she isn't your ordinary trophy wife (if there is such a thing). And yet she fulfills that role in Ripley life. You conveyed very convincingly how she became one without even realizing it. Love the connections you pulled between Ripley and Peter about being "bought" and lied to for different reasons and by different means. Especially this part:

"But you bought me too. Every word you say to me, every whispered promise, every calculated, loving lie you told."

Calculated, loving lie - that is great phrase for what Peter did before she discovered who he is.

And conclusion is great how love is not about buying and selling but simply mutualy shared feeling. Very good stuff.

I hope you'll write about other characters too. Or maybe a fic about something that happened after the end of series. Just a suggestion...

P.S. Waiting for that Flake now. Or if DI Carlisle doesn't want to part with if I'll just watch him eat. That's treat enough :P

Desy )
AuroraLawson chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Excellent fanfic, really enjoyed it. You should write more!
cazzette chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
very sweet. I two love blackpool and think theres space for a thrid but i doubt that'll happen. nice story
EdgeHeadUK chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
I loved it... There is something so wonderful about the Peter / Natalie relationship...

Thanks for this, I could hear her in my head as I was reading it, and see Peter's face run the gamut of emotions!

Natalie x
Jaela-chan chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Aw.

I just fiished watching Blackpool today and was left with this unsettled sort of feeling, like there should have been more and there wasn't.

So thanks for writing this- it was lovely and eased by pain.
happyfew chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Absolutely wonderful. Really well written, and a huge treat as I just checked to see if there was any Blackpool fics on a long shot.
bluedragon1836 chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Awesome! I just finished watching Blackpool and loved it. And yes, Peter and Natalie were perfect for each other. I also agree with you that David Tennant needed more shirtless screen time! Great story!
Black391 chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
*Fan Girl Momoent* OMFG YES! Finally a Blackpool fanfic! YEs thankyou...you rule...yes Fantastic fic by the way!