Reviews for Trials of the Warrior
Seseorang chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
This is wonderful. I was looking for some Joumi and found this instead and I was grateful for my good luck. It's not often I find stories focusing on the children's friendship with non-partner Digimon, and surely Ogremon's story with Jou and Mimi is one of my favourites in Adventure. I was kind of afraid Devimon'd evolve to Vamdemon but thankfully he didn't :') also absolutely love how Ogremon refers to Jou and Mimi as 'his chosen'.
Thinker chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Ah, I see what you meant in your PM. Well, this was a really great one-shot! It was fun, followed great characterization for Joe and Ogremon as well as presenting a neatly contained story that gives some backstory to one of the few epilogue points people generally like (Joe becoming a Digital World doctor, that is).

A few minor points of constructive criticism: First, it feels like the intro is a bit rushed. I feel like there's a lot of telling and not a lot of showing. I expected more dialogue, and the lack of those details keeps the story moving fast, but I almost feel like I'm hearing the tale secondhand. Also with regard to the dialogue, sometimes it feels a little unnatural... Mimi in particular sounds a little too formal and stiff.

Still, the story holds up well on its own and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for recommending it, I enjoyed giving it a read!
JudgmentOfTheDream chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
This story made me smile. You had everone totally in character, and Jyou having a midlife crisis is just what I'd expect of him, but still hilarious, since it's Jyou.

Sadly, there aren't that many Jyou-centric fics that DON'T focus on pairing him with someone, and from my point of view, yours is the best I've read so far! Keep it up!
Nietzsche's Itch chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I was expecting this to a straight out Joe finds Ogremon injured, heals him, nostalgia reigns supreme. I was delighted to see how complex it got the further in I got. I may write my own Ogremon piece after this
Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I love it! Those episodes with Jou, Mimi, and Ogremon were some of my absolute favorites in season 01. Jou was even my favorite character for a time, and he's still pretty darn special to me. (Maybe I just have a thing for heroic nerdy types. Dunno who'd get this but me but CYPHER, anyone?)

Although I loved the entire story, my favorite moment was just a detail. But sometimes details are the best part, eh? It was when Ogremon found Gomamon, picked him and said, "Wake up, kid." It really made me want to see the relationship betwen Jou, Gomamon, and Ogremon develop more. Gomamon rather fell into the background, but it's understandable, because of the introduction of Mimi and Palmon. I loved that they showed up to help, all deus ex machina-like. :P

For serious, I love the idea of this story, I love that it starred Jou, I love Ogremon's continuing dependency on Leomon. I'm not happy that he died but I think it was a great decision on your part. Jou needed something to push him in the right direction, and he certainly found his conviction in his experience within the story.
Aster Selene chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Oh, dear...

...I...

...Wow.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
This was incredibly written, and I loved reading it. Part of my enjoyment is, arguably, because I have a deep weakness for characters I like being held prisoner by villains, but that's just a bonus to me. The writing was top-notch and the friendship pieces, and DEvimon's plot, were absolutely wonderful. Excellently done.