Reviews for Chanson de Geste
rthstewart chapter 23 . 5/10/2011
This rendering of Lucy as Narnian, and gifted with magic to curse Jadis forever is amazing. A brilliant, chilling conclusion and I have the sense that she will not feel the guilt Edmund might, that she has no compunction in vengeance on her brother's behalf. She does here what Edmund would never do.

As for the A/N: Relationship between Aslan and Jadis: discuss. Who is the real villain of the piece? Tash? or Aslan?
rthstewart chapter 22 . 5/10/2011
So, going back and re-reading the last chapters, now seeing the important points about Lucy allowing the mother to visit. Susan is such an interesting character in your hands - on the one hand, she comes across as vain and a spendthrift. Yet, there was that chapter where she expressed very clearly, speaking to Jadis, that she knew precisely what she was doing and what fate awaited her siblings.

Loved the line about the cat and arsenic. And so Jadis begins to become human. So, here's a question for the a/n - what does it mean that Edmund beat Tash and Jadis "becomes" human/alive/not dead/not damned and her mother and sister are free. What is Jadis? You state that she becomes the LotGK, so is it because of Edmund's win here that she is able to take that corporal form later?
Dr.Olga chapter 24 . 5/9/2011
WOW. Just wow. This has to be one of the best, if not THE best story I've ever read on this site. I wish I could write you a better review, but I'm freaking speechless right now. I'm just sad the story's over! Amazing job, you have a real talent, and I hope to read more of your work in the future.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 25 . 5/8/2011
May I quote you last sentence? Cause it's poetry!

A very interesting story. Never seen one anything like it, and I doubt I ever will. It's a very cynical view of the world, but a brutally honest commentary on the reality of what living in medieval times would be like. I don't believe I will ever be able to write anything like this, I'm much to naive, and i've chosen to believe in inherent goodness, no matter how stupid it may be.

Your characters are very real. So real that if you wrote a book, I'm not sure if I would become a rabid fan, or run screaming when I read the description. I'd say you have a gift for making people think. Use it. Write stories about modern slavery, or the war in Uganda. People would notice. I think writing like this can make a huge impact on the world; which leads to my next question- in your story, who do you agree with? Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy, or the White Witch?

-Dyslexic Nerd
Autumnia chapter 25 . 5/7/2011
Though I should have reviewed more often than I actually did, I just want to say thank you for writing such a fascinating story. I've read it all and though I didn't always comment, I truly enjoyed the relationship here between Edmund and Jadis.

It makes one think and re-think about who the characters really are, and who is truly good or evil. You've made me like Jadis a lot more than some of the other characters, particularly Susan. Here was a story where you made the Witch human with the same flaws and judgments the rest of us would make.

The medieval setting was terrific as well, and I loved all the worldbuilding and how you really set Narnia and the Lone Islands into the Middle Ages, from the architecture and the gardens, to religion, politics and the food (I was thrilled to see lampreys mentioned at the end here, since I only learned of them last year through a show about history and cooking).

I'm looking forward to seeing a follow-up author's note with things explained and any other ideas you had originally come up with for this.
Valiant Me chapter 25 . 5/7/2011
you know I always did suspect that Jadis would be the lady of teh green kirtle although I would have to ask just how exactly did Edmund see her then?

and since you said you would take on questions:

how did he know he was dying in a train accident? You never really put Jadis explaining that to him did you?

and what about Lucy's curse? How did that work then?

in this AU world, are the dynamics between Aslan and Tash more like Dualism than Christianity (two equal forces fighting over the world instead of the good god versus the fallen angel)?

I think that would be about it

once more congratulations on the best story on this site by far ... I do hope you'll keep on writing here and if not I'm sure any medieval jester would've been proud to sing such a chanson de geste :)
Calyn chapter 24 . 5/7/2011
Aww...you made Jadis the LGK...ah well. I suppose, in this AU, it's not THAT farfetched.
Hellen chapter 23 . 5/5/2011
Thank you for the update. Very deep chapter. Unexpected twist with Lucy, which made her much more interesting character. Conversation with Aslan in the end was a nice touch. I am looking forward to your next update.
Mr CJ chapter 23 . 5/2/2011
'Ello again.

I'm writing this after reading through the story in one sitting... at 2 am in the morning. As such, my words might not be at their best.

This is a spectacular story, and I can't wait to see how it ends. The politics is spectacular; the schemes are well hidden but when revealed they make so much sense; you almost have to applaud the ingenuity. And all the characters feel real, not just single aspect. Each one makes sensible decisions in accordance to their personality and goals.

So well done. And please keep writing.

MrCJ
v chapter 22 . 5/2/2011
yay, new chapter.
Wes chapter 22 . 4/18/2011
A nice well rounded chapter with obscure references that you manage to work into the story and explain quite well. I'm glad that you updated again, I really want to see the end, even though I'm expecting it to be bittersweet at best. Its interesting how a coward at heart can stoop to poison even when he has every advantage in the duel already. It was unexpected, but somewhat fitting with Fyren's character. I wonder if Lucy's magic bottle ends up saving Ed's life to rectify her mistake.
Sash'Rahaal chapter 22 . 4/14/2011
Well! It's been awhile! I feel I should say that, despite never having read the books, and seeing only bits and pieces of the first movie, I find it very easy to understand and enjoy this story. I hope it isn't so long until your next update!
Valiant Me chapter 22 . 4/14/2011
I just finished reading Till We Have Faces and thought how odd is it that it reminded me of chanson de geste when it should've been the other way around?... anyway this is a masterpiece thank you for the chapter update... the duel was chilling and I bet you already know that I can't wait to know the end of it

cheers
Calyn chapter 22 . 4/13/2011
Congratulations. This is the 200th fic added to my community. Just thought I'd mention that.

Wow.

I don't think there's much more to say. I read this in one sitting.
This is my name chapter 22 . 4/13/2011