Reviews for Chanson de Geste
Valiant Me chapter 21 . 2/2/2011
well congratulations, you just did it.

Chanson de Geste has just become my favorite fanfiction story on this site that I've read lately

it completly captured me in so many ways it'd be stupid to try and say

all of the other narnias written about now suddenly seem insipid and colorless when compared to yours

alli chapter 21 . 1/31/2011
update soon?
SlashMyDreams chapter 21 . 1/25/2011
I'm awestruck. When I grow up, I want to be able to write like you.
starlingnight chapter 21 . 1/16/2011
I spent all of last night reading this. I am at a loss for words to describe this brilliant fic.
Blaze Moonlight chapter 21 . 1/2/2011
Oh this is so excellent. I love how Edmund outsmarts them and manipulates the agreement, it's so clever.
rthstewart chapter 21 . 1/1/2011
So, here we are, Edmund as Affa, husband of Linshiol, loving a younger Jadis, when they are all actually really dead. Except Edmund. The scenes in the garden and with the priests are of course written with your usual flair for detail that packs a wallop with every single word, nothing wasted.

I do wonder at Jadis' rage at the conclusion of the game. Did she not see that Edmund had won? Did Tash not see it?

I have the sense that we are moving to a conclusion, but I've given up ever trying to predict this story and its dark hold on me.
rthstewart chapter 20 . 1/1/2011
So, I had to look up Psammead. This chapter, with Edmund entering Affa, really disturbed me as did the scenes with the scrying the pools that move and have consciousness. This is so very chilling and I cannot shake my fundamental discomfort with Edmund playing such a damning game and that he would certainly, would have to, lose. Playing against Tash and Jadis, using these Charnians as chess pieces. Like Lnshiol and Edmund, I'm not certain where Affa begins or ends and where Edmund is with his mind tendrils in so many places. I hope when you near the end that you will do more to explain your thinking regarding this story - its research and roots and what you see Edmund's relationship with Jadis being. I don't tend to ascribe to Jadis as his sexual abuser and I don't think that's here either, but I'm not sure. This has certainly been, for all its ambiguity, one of my favorite fics of the year.
Hellen-M chapter 21 . 12/29/2010
this is a very good story. I found it by chance few days ago and now I cannot wait for the next chapter
alli chapter 21 . 12/29/2010
aahhh! i LOVE this!
squidgy chapter 21 . 12/29/2010
looking forward to the next chapter
Blaze Moonlight chapter 20 . 12/25/2010
Oh this is excellent, a brilliantly dark twist on Narnia while stay true to the characters and foundations upon which it is based. Edmund's games with Jadis (and Narnia politics) have been fascinating and this game is shaping up to be the most interesting of all. I cn't wait to read more.
Wes chapter 20 . 12/20/2010
Wow, the setup in this story is really good, yet the story still stays extremely unpredictable. This chapter cemented this story as my favorite story of yours so far.
ilysia chapter 20 . 12/19/2010
I am quite in love with this chapter, and quite looking forward to Edmund's plan. Because, really, he's playing a game with Tash, here. Whatever is he up to?
Eavis chapter 20 . 12/18/2010
Oh, the Psammead! I laughed to see it - it's so fun to see it /there/ of all places. And odd...
Clarilyn chapter 20 . 12/18/2010
Good story! Sucked me right in.
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »