Reviews for Lysander
Readers-Section chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
This is BEAUTIFUL, it just blew me away, both France and his weary determination and of course England...I love how you phrased everything, it built such a tense yet oddly hopeful atmosphere...hands down one of my favourite fics involving these two.
espanamazing chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Very well-written. I can actually very easily see these two acting like this in that time period, and you've captured their relationship very well.
Trumpet-Geek chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Ah this was beautiful! They have such a complicated relationship 3
foryoualullaby chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
this is hands-down one of my favorite fics involving these two. you captured the biggest aspects of their relationship so well, as well as the feel of occupied France. i love how you portrayed both their determination, and god, you write so well.

"... there is an answering hint of heat in England's expression at France's renewed vigour. People were slaughtered in bringing about his republic, and even if no-one is left who remembers it, he remembers blood on the streets, the high bright noise of the guillotine and the roar of the crowds. He remembers the pain which tore his heart in two. "I will resist," he says, new determination in his voice. "For as long as you fight, I will resist." And if anyone could fight forever, it would be England who never quite grew from the savage child that France had taken as his brother."

that part really got to me, the way you phrased it. and the last line absolutely killed me 3
fireblazie chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Hands down, one of the best France/England fics I have EVER read. It had everything that I love - the underlying sexual tension between the two of them, the dark, thrilling, dangerous environment of occupied France - and *argh*, you completely had me hooked the moment you revealed that the young German officer was actually England in disguise. I mean, gosh! You captured everything I love about this relationship - the history and the edginess that alternate pairings just can't get. You absolutely made my day with this!
Vi chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Wow, I know I totally just read the entire story wrong, but I just can't help feeling so impressed by England. I know the focus is supposed to be France, but...yeah. The pride and strength to keep fighting even if you're only an island this big, and you're all alone. Man. I suppose it's because France is more like a narrator in this; he just watches stuff happen, generally speaking. But in any case, I liked the feel of determination and desperation in this one! By the way, have I mentioned that you use and string words well?
Falcon's Jade chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Amazing, I was wondering how you'll write this, completely blew me away. A tired Francis finding hope in such situations, in such a beautifully written way, good work!
acidic paper chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I loved this story to utter bits, and I love your dialogue.
JediClaire chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
One of the most exquisite stories I have read about England and France. It is true, that no matter wheither we are enemies or allies, that they are our's and we are thier's.

Please think about writing more about these two.
Helisse chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Wonderful piece! I love how you write englan, I love how you write them together and I love the ending :D
France's Courtesans chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
"“Don’t become Vichy,” he says, sneer in his voice. “Don’t you dare. If you do then I will kill you.”"

I freaking love you for this. It really was amazing. I am a major fan of anything that represents the will and pride of the French that were determined to save their country.