Reviews for Hunted
Planecrazylex chapter 27 . 11/24/2021
My heart…
I absolutely loved this story.
Thank you a million times over.
You didn’t shy away from the mess of life, the darkness. It was refreshing.
Thank you!
tiara733 chapter 2 . 5/12/2021
So I just read this story again (after 11 years) and boy, was it a treat to re-read with fresh eyes. I saw my own comment on chapter 1 which proves I've read the story before and I thoroughly gushed about it even back then. After "a dangerous game" I thought this would be light/cutesy story, but little did I know I was in for such a thrilling ride.

I just love how you described the intimacy of their fledgling relationship. The nicknames, the symbolism (mother's ring), Castle's antics, their verbal banter were just so on point. You characterized Kate's fears of pursuing a relationship with Castle perfectly-her fear of falling for him, the fame/spotlight and its implications. Castle was wonderfully patient with her and reassured her at every step without pushing their boundaries too far. You balanced her hesitancy with his understanding and compassion. Kate's internal monologues were also perfect: the way she struggled with her feelings for Castle, her chastising herself for unprofessional thoughts or awkward interactions, her frustrations working as a female in a male dominated field. I'm amazed at how well you were able to embody the characters, given that this was written 2009-2010 when the show had barely started.

The killer's fixation on Beckett was so well crafted and really notched the story up as the murder mystery plot was interwoven with the tender Caskett moments. The first victim's name, the family... this killer really knew how to get under Beckett's skin. I could feel the dread building as more bodies piled up and was genuinely scared at his stalking/predatory behavior. And to bring in Will... damn. You were the true criminal mastermind. You did an excellent job of breaking Kate Beckett.

A few "stream of consciousness" remarks:
Chapter 6 the "best ever" comment - this will be forever SEARED in Castle's brain. What a sexy and spontaneous act from Beckett. Loved it.

Chapter 8 "let me know when you want me... if you ever do" - GEEZ this was absolutely heartbreaking.

Chapter 24 - I was screaming "no no NO!" while reading this chapter. Thank god she made that small mistake that prevented her from making a huge one.

Chapter 25 - God this chapter made me tear up. The only thing Castle wanted to know when he called is whether she was okay and whether she was happy. And the fact that he was willing to put her happiness before his by letting her go shows how much he truly loves her.

I'm glad you didn't end the story tidily after the case was solved. There were so many emotional, psychological, and administrative issues to be worked through and the way you handled them gave it better closure. Can't say I fully understand Kate's impulsive reaction of running into another guy's arms, but I guess people do questionable things after experiencing trauma. I'm a little surprised you didn't have her say "I love you" to him in the last chapter. I thought the chapter title "sober" would have made a nice call-back to when Castle said he didn't want her to say it back unless she was sober.

I'm so thankful I got to re-experience this amazing story. Seriously, I was so engrossed, enthralled, and entertained by this story which was as high quality as a novel. The writing (plot, timing, POV, cliffhangers) and character portrayals were so authentic and accurate. I recently took up reading some Castle FF again to get over my show hangover (I *just* finished the show and feel that nostalgic emptiness of ending something extraordinary), and now I have a "literary hangover" from finishing your story. Maybe in a few years I can forget the plot and read it again to experience it in all its brilliance once more. Thank you for writing and sharing this phenomenal piece of work!
Linda Perry chapter 27 . 2/6/2020
Excellent Story!
Guest chapter 24 . 7/17/2019
I'm glad it didn't happen between her and Ty because in the past on the show Kate has a history of running into the arms and beds of other men whenever things got intense with Castle.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/17/2019
I'm sorry but Kate was monumentally unfair in this chapter
Guest chapter 27 . 12/8/2018
*deep breath in*
*happy breath out*
thank you.
Guest chapter 26 . 12/8/2018
Whew... *fans self* ahem... good. Yes, uhm, good stuff. ahemm... weeelllll, ok.
Guest chapter 25 . 12/8/2018
well shit. I mean, he's as blunt as it can get girl, what's not to understand?
Guest chapter 24 . 12/8/2018
more Ooooofff please? Sure, we got that comin right up!
Guest chapter 23 . 12/8/2018
fuckity fuck.
Guest chapter 22 . 12/8/2018
Emotional rape, in other words. Lovely. Glad to see that Internal Affairs is just as hatefully evil in your story as IRL.
Guest chapter 21 . 12/8/2018
Another Ooooffff :(
Guest chapter 20 . 12/8/2018
You're killing me here. You know this, right?
Guest chapter 19 . 12/8/2018
*groans*
Guest chapter 18 . 12/8/2018
Heh, nice cliffie, not buying it.
1,129 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »