Reviews for Big Shoes to Fill
Random Ruth chapter 2 . 8/18/2014
I can relate to Sam in this one - when we're fixing at tractors, Dad says pass this and pass that, and I often have no idea what he's doing. But I loved this paralell between Dean and Sam. Very good. :)
ccase13 chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
Dean is so careful to teach Sammy. It was so neat how he tried to teach grown Sammy about the Impala when he was going to hell.
sayrae3times chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Aw! This was so great! I'm so glad I'm finally getting to catch up a little. You do the best Weechester fics, in my opinion, you never diappoint me!
Anne1013 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
If I had to describe the difference in these two scenes, I would say that John misses what Dean needs the most. That Dean is looking for his fathers love and praise. Dean is there, with his father, trying to be helpful, soaking up all this information, so he can be just like his dad. So that he will be important and useful. And John is fixing the brakes.

Chapter two on the other hand, now Dean is in the parental position. He seems more conscious of the fact that Sam needs his praise for helping fix the car. He knows what Sam wants, because he wanted those same things himself. When Sam can't find the shoes, Dean clarifies, so that Sam will succeed at bringing his brother what he needs. Sam will feel useful and important. He smiles so that Sam can hear it in his voice. Fixing the impala for the first time, by himself, is important to Dean, but not more important than Sam.

In my opinion, Dean has always been the better parent.

I realized that I do not have you on my author alert. I will fix that now. Nice story.

Anne
cravingcaffeine chapter 2 . 1/19/2010
Sweet! It's so in character for Dean & Sam to pick different ways to try to be like the person they admire most. Well done! :)
cravingcaffeine chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Aw, I can imagine fixing the impala would be a bonding experience between John & Dean. Very cute chapter! :)
Miyo86 chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
This was a great companion to the first piece- I loved the comparing and contrasting Dean and Sam. Dean knew what part was needed right away, while Sam was a little more oblivious, but they both shared a longing to be like their dad/brother. Enjoyed it alot
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
I don't know what it is, but something about calling it the 'Pala just makes me smile like an idiot. Dean was completely adorable in this- it brings back memories of watching my grandpa work on our cars in the driveway. I definitely would not have come up with this use of 'shoe'. Awesome!
SophieSaulie chapter 2 . 1/12/2010
Okay, I have GOT to think of something other than AW, but AW! I love that Dean asks Sam to help him, it's so like him to make Sam feel helpful and a little grown up and you gotta know that I LOVED Sam's hero worship!

Fav. Parts:

Sam watched his big brother work on the car, awed that he knew what all the different parts did and how to fix whatever went wrong. Dean was the best—he knew everything. Sam went back to his book, studying intently. When he grew up, he was going to know things, too—just like Dean.

- AW!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
You're killing me with these GREAT AW weeChester stories! I LOVE THEM!

Dean settled quietly nearby, handing his dad the tools he needed almost before he could ask for them. They didn’t talk much, but Dean watched closely, soaking everything in like a sponge. When he got older, he would work on the ’Pala, too. He wanted to be just like his dad when he grew up.

-such sweet naivete! You want him to keep it forever!
marinawings chapter 2 . 1/7/2010
I love this chapter, too! Now Dean's the one working on the car and giving orders... He's stepped into his dad's shoes already. It's cute and very Sam that Sam confuses what kind of shoes Dean means. And it's also cute and very Dean that Dean can't help but tease Sam just a little, but then decides to make him feel good about himself. So cute that Sam is proud to help his big brother. And Sam with a book... Nice touch and beautifully in character. Delightful!
marinawings chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Yay! We both have shoe stories! And I love yours so far. This chapter presents such a good picture of the relationship between Dean and his dad. John simply gives Dean an order, seemingly without thinking twice (because he's already becoming used to the fact that Dean is there for him, will listen to him), and Dean obeys. I also love the way you described Dean paying close attention to his father. I think Dean is a much more observant person than he sometimes lets on (haha, I'm talking like he's real). Of course, his ambition is to work on the car and be like his dad. So Dean. I love it!
Anjelicious chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Awesome
pocahontas chapter 2 . 1/2/2010
Another short but great insightful chapter! I really like how you GET the boys!
pocahontas chapter 1 . 1/2/2010