Reviews for Fevers Break
startrekgirl66 chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Everyone thinks Spock is so unattainable, but Kirk is just as bad...no future there...why bother? I agree that the Spock/Chapel stories are the best. Kirk is nothing more than a cad covering it up with "boyish charm". NO true friend would steal another's woman! Spock is a big dope in this one & Christine has dropped a few notches down to "I'll sleep with whom I want, where I want" even in the ship's chapel (how ironic)!
Clever Lass chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Oh, no, I liked the first one much better. Although I can see the appeal of K/Ch, I'm really much more at home with S/Ch pairings. And I must confess I dislike all of your stories in which Kirk steals Spock's woman. Sorry, but there it is. Spock has such a narrow tightrope to walk, his whole life, and Kirk pretty much gets everything he wants. I always like it when Spock gets something that's just his. Like the girl. :) I loved Fever Dreams, but this sequel just left me cold. Spock seemed greatly out of character. Sadly, Kirk didn't. Am hoping that you'll write a third instalment, and right the wrongs that you put forth in this one.

But with all that aside... welcome to my favorite authors' list.
7.Saavikam chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
"We don't sign away our lives when we choose to love." That...was quite amazing. I was a little sad at mean Spock, but then again, we don't see that side much, so I guess it comes out sometimes.
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
O, darkly beautiful! I hope you continue this!
Ster J chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Okay, I liked the first Fever story, although I thought it sounded just a tad different-not the dark stuff, the emotional stuff. Fever broke sounds like classic Djinn, all angsty and uncomfortable and *complicated!* I can just see Spock going to a thearapist saying that he can't stand it anymore-not Vulcan, not human, not *really.* He's either headed for a meltdown or a breakthrough-but it looks like the timeline will soon lead to Khan, so there goes that scenario.

Can't wait for a third installment!
murphycat chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Good story, but it doesn't scan like your usual stories. I don't know; it seems not quite as smooth or something, can't quite put my finger on it. I think Spock seems way out of character and he's usually spot on-like in "Frostbite", my favorite of yours. You did explain her leaving the ship quite well. I did like that part and the part about Jim thinking of her, missing her.
CanonAntithesis chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Great quickie and I don't even like Kirk/Chapel, but I'd probably read your grocery lists.

I loved how you give depth to minor characters, like Rand, who had absolutely no depth in the show (except maybe for one little scene in "And the Children Shall Lead" and even that depth was pretty shallow).

Anyway, I'm a big fan and I don't mean that in a weird stalker sort of way, so I'll be anxiously await whatever you pen next.
J. ROOF chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Damn, damn, damn!
makaem chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I think I kind of like this scenario, Spock diserves a little discomfort. But I want her to be happy...
Klingonkitten chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
As usual, a very well done story. Now how about giving us an alternate ending?

The Kitten