Reviews for Pokemon Legends: Sinnoh Saga
Chaosblazer chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
So she passed after all, her answers were "well thought out" if i've ever seen test questions answered like that before.

Shame she lost to Barry, it's always a pain to beat him when using Turtwig as your starter, and I see Bridget's not going to be useful for a while too because he won't listen to Dawn, although given how powerful it's fustration is...Barry's pokemon would've ended up in a body bag lol.

Great chapter, keep up the good work
KARIN848 chapter 2 . 1/5/2010
Cool! Can't wait for the next chapter! :3
KARIN848 chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Will this be Twinleaf shipping? Can it be? Please? Anyway this seems like a great story so far. I love how you did the characters personalities! Great job! I can't wait till you update!
BioDragon chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
This is awesome! I love Dawns reaction to things and the reference to a certain archeologist :)

Can't wait for the next chapter
Chaosblazer chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
What a trip this chapter was, first Dawn gets a shiny bunery, a male with a girl's name no less that hates her, poor thing probably won't be evolving soon either.

You know I smell abit of a adventures manga reference with how easily Bridget ko'ed those Luxio's with Fustration (kinda like how Silver used his Totodile to pound an Elekid down.) nothing wrong with that, but tis a shame the shiny Luxio got away.

Intresting chapter overall and i'm getting into the feel of things, keep it up_
invidian chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
Is Dusk Giratina? Or is she merely its servant?

I like greatly your twist on Dawn's personality.
Naryfiel Lilith chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
My guess would be Giratina, actually. The dark void and stuff reminds me of the distortion world. Dusk is an interesting addition, though.

Dawn really is thinking of this as a video game. ironic, since the story is based on a video game.

so that's why she couldn't have chimchar! i would have never guessed.

Dawn doesn't seem to get along well with her pokemon... it seems even worse than Ashley and Bulbasaur.

So Lucas launched a TM at Piplup? That's... interesting. I'm assuming Pips lack of enthusiasm comes form touching Mesprit, right?

nice chapter. I kinda find Dawn childish, but... ::shrug:: she's eleven and used to being a video-game-playing-hermit. It also gives her potential to grow... which she does, right? please?
Inactive Account Number 00000 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Dawn's my favorite charater in Pokemon, and I love video games. You putting those two together...BOOM! It's wonderful! I look forward to reading some more of it later!
ThunderRiver411 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This is looking good so far. The idea to nickname Pokemon after characters from other fandoms has been with me as well...yet not just video game characters. Reading this has inspired me to write an idea where the Pokemon are nicknamed after cartoon, TV show, and other characters.

Continue soon and I'll tell you when my story is up if you want to read it.
BioDragon chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Bwahahaha, it hurts so much!

I love Dawn already, an extreme gamer is quite an interesting idea for her, her Turtwig is going to be sighing a lot with her. :D
Farla chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
There are about three thousand stories just on this site in this category with "pokemon" in their title. There are about two hundred and fifty "chronicles", more if you include misspellings, and god knows how many "Character Name"'s whatever. There are almost four hundred with "legend". There are six hundred and fifty with "journey", six hundred with "story", two hundred with "quest", and almost seven hundred with "adventure". "Kanto" shows up over a hundred times, as does "Johto", "Hoenn", and "Sinnoh". "Saga" similarly comes in at a hundred.

What I'm getting at here is that you want to choose an original title that has to do with your story in particular, not something that indicates it's yet another story about a pokemon trainer.

"Its" is possessive, as in "its story" and "it's" means "it is".

"aide of pokemon"

Aid. No E.

Dialogue is written as "Hello," he said or "Hello!" he said, never "Hello." He said or "Hello." he said or "Hello," He said or "Hello" he said. The only exception to this is if the next sentence doesn't contain a speech verb, in which case it's written as "Hello." He grinned, never "Hello," he grinned or "Hello," He grinned. Note that something isn't a speech verb just because it's a sound you make with your mouth, so generally stuff like laughed or giggled is in the second category.

Furthermore, if you're breaking up two complete sentences it's "Hi," he said. "This is it." not "Hi," he said, "this is it." or "Hi," he said "this is it." And if you're breaking up a sentence in the middle, it's "Hi. This," he said, "is it." And if you're breaking up a sentence in the middle, it's "Hi. This," he said, "is it." If there's no speech verb in the break, you use a dash, like "Hi. This - " He looked around. "- is it."

Thoughts are capitalized and punctuated in the same way, only they should never have quotation marks around them. As long as you put a "he thought" at the end you generally don't need any markers.

When used in place of a name, it's written Mom, not mom. It's only in constructions like my/her/the mom that it's written as such.

Endless unnecessary dialogue is extremely boring. If it's not needed, cut it.
jackinafrickinbox chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Woot, the start of the Sinnoh Saga! Anyway, interesting introduction. I am pretty sure that the Dawn's birth and the ray of light have coincided for a reason. That, or you're just trying to fool us all.

Hmm, a gamer Dawn? I've never actually seen one. It is a refreshing change compared to all the other fics with Dawn. Though is there a specific reason why she isn't interested in pokemon? Or is it just that games are her priority?

BARRY! *glomps* He shall be my cuddle bunny, and nobody else shall keep him.

Dawn's personality in this is definitely amusing, and I can't wait to see more of her. Where as Barry is staying the about the same as his personality from the games, Dawn never spoke. So she is essentially your blank canvas, allowing you to mold her any which way you want.

Turtwig instead of Piplup? That is awesome, though I admit that Bowser seems to be a perfect match for Dawn in terms of personality.

Oh Rowan, you sneaky old guy, you. Lucas's other three pokemon are Zubat, Magby, and Lickitung, right?

Hmm, another girl? Can't wait to see how she fits in. "P-O-K-accent E BALLS!" equals Barry's best line ever.

Lucas and his use of Piplup's aquatic abilities is reminiscent of the manga actually. GO LUCAS! Unfortunately, Mesprit seems to be a bit vengeful and has drained the emotions from Piplup. Will that make it a more effective battler or less? We shall find out.

Amazing first chapter, I can not wait for the next one.

Sincerely,

Jackinafrickinbox
Chaosblazer chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
lol definitely not the same as Dawn from the anime or Platina and that i like alot.

So you went with Turtwig after all. (silent prayer of happiness it wasn't piplup.) Yes Bowser is an appropriate name for it, cause it certainly looks like him when it becomes Torterra (minus the tree of course.) lol can't wait for it to meet Ashley's Venusaur since they seem to have some similar personality's lol.

a great opening to this story, keep it up
Naryfiel Lilith chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Mario reference? seems like a Phoenix wright reference w/ the hold it. lol i like her. i'm reading this after a week long round of constant video game playing (2 long rpgs completed with a 3rd started), so it just makes it funnier.

interesting, establishing the connection early and the white light is associated w/ Dawn? can't wait to see it fleshed out. this is going to be fun!

so you went w/ turtwig? never played the game w/ him, so this will definitely be an interesting read.

i get the feeling that she's going to go after team galactic just b/c it seems like a video game. just saying. i can't wait for the wake up call.

nice chapter. can't wait for next week's.
704 | « Prev Page 1 .. 37 44 45 46 47