Reviews for Surrender
Viola Cornuta chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
I itched and twitched and hid my eyes and dreaded and shredded my fingernails, and now I'm RIELieved for both your characters and your readers. And for you. The peace of redemption for your fallen angels? Fingers crossed.
Starnani21 chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
This was really dark. I could almost feel the anger radiating from Bella here. Was it good? I don't know. I'm thrown. I mean this whole piece seems to be about expression- there is no letting go, there is no moving forward, there is no... bettering on either side. It is RAW. This elongated one shot was more of a maddened ranting.

I could understand the sentiments described. I don't know... you threw out so many pictures, I couldn't really breath until Bella did (does that make any sense?). I hope that I never have to feel this chaotic in my lifetime.

Dark, beautiful, heavy, resonant, chaotic... all the things that this reunion seemed meant to be with the path that Bella wound up walking after her abandonment by the light and love of her life.

Peace doesn't seem to be even a possibility with this account. At least not by my standards. Well, maybe not for a very long time (if Bella were to be turned). Therapy anyone?

That's too much thinking. I'm going to bed now.
Gasaway Alley chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
Rie, a story so profound and beautiful, you repeated it twice in the same chapter.

This. This is my Valkyrie at work. Pounding away at the stone tablets leaving dust and crumbles of lime stone in your wake. The marks upon my flesh left from the flog of your words will be exhibited for all to see. Scars I shall proudly display. Flayed by your bottomless razor tongue, I will forever live in the bright shadow of your talent, growing and scented of your night jade and jasmine.

He came back for her. He deserves her. Cold, wet seed to guide his bric a brac deep into her walls. So sexual, so raw in punishment. I am undone and salved, like so many lanolin fingers burrowing into my skin soothing and relieving my anguish and hurt.

Redeemed.
constanceinthis chapter 2 . 1/30/2010
Thank you Ms. Rie, may I please have another? I fucking love this story. I love an Edward with balls... and cock... a sexy Edward who owns it. I do hope you write more because I crave closure and long to know where these characterizations of E & B take it from here. While I am not one to read other reviews, I wonder if anyone has brought up the whole, she took him back to easily thing to you. It seems as if everyone gets so hung up about that in the book and in fanfic, of course half of the people reading, writing, and reviewing are 14 year old virgins, so yeah... Nothing against that, I was once a 14 year old virgin myself, but now I'm 26 living in New York City and I've had my fair share (or perhaps more than my fair share) of meaningless fucking and even some meaningful fucking that I was ill prepared to deal with, so I can relate to Bella’s position. And once you experience the difference, there’s a whole hell of a lot one will do (and overlook, and forgive) to hang on to it. Personally, I don’t understand the reasoning behind re-writing canon to make everyone unhappy. How depressing is that? I may love Death Cab, great song rec by the way, but I’m nowhere near emo enough to desire that.

Also, I'm sure someone has brought up the fact that the chapter repeats itself, but I figured I would let you know just in case. I thought I was only half through when I realized it was starting back at the beginning... talk about a clit tease...
TessLouise chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Heartbreaking, moving and lovely, as always.
sherylb chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I love it. Sad. Sexy. and beautifully poetic.
Starnani21 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I love Bella with an edge. I like that she was accepting of herself even when faced with her past. And I like the way you've matured Edward, you did it with Mirror and Vivid. Now I have to read your other tales that I'm behind on.

I'm catching up.
raeb2008 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Damn... Damn again. Trying to come up with words for what I understood of Bella's vast feelings/emotions from beginning to end. Disallusioned, angry, disbelieving, wary, hopeful, lusting, relieved and loved. You managed to basically cover the gamut of chapters into just 1. Amazing. Detailed, succinct and hot, Hot F'knA HOT! A Bella whose actually forgiving and can be an adult? Bravo. Who can resist an Edward that finally mans up? Not me. You outdid yourself in this woman's humble opinion. I want more! lol. As always, brilliant. Rae
TwiMomoftwo chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Yes, yes, yes! That was HOT! I love how they didn't lie to one another and forgave each other quickly.

I love you now...that was FANTASTIC!
thenextGayleKing chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
My, how you love to torture these poor characters! I also love how you have the ability to pull me, the reader, from one side to the other along with them.

Anyway, you will probably think I'm mental but Bella in this reminds me of that Gloria Gaynor song "I Will Survive". A lot of the lyrics in the song reflect what she is feeling. (I will not go into them here as it's not karaoke night and I would need some more beverages and a group of wimmin to sing with before that happened!). I was angry with Edward too but at the same time, I can also sympathize. He loved her more than he loved himself. So I'm glad he left. In doing that, they matured and are now 'ready' for each other, emotionally and physically. It's much more refreshing to read than the canon. You could've ended this story right there with the walls coming down and final true acceptance of each other. However, this is Goldenmeadow and what story would be complete without some awesome (and long awaited) hot sex scene at the end? Brava!
pixiekat7 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Rie, I'm thorough spent & melted. This was blistering, painful, brilliant, cathartic and passionate beyond rhyme or reason!
ARFess96 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I still think she should of tryong to knee him in the nuts. Her realization as to why he left made me cry. Thanks for this beautiful story.
EdwardsKitten chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Hell yeah...that was a fucking home run!
constanceinthis chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
You did indeed hit me hard and bring it all home. This story has a lot of things going on, it's sweet and playful and teasing and honest and of course sexy, but it's also vengeful with a backbone from both of them. Which is quite refreshing when most of the stories where Bella isn't quite such a pushover in taking Edward back end up with Edward as the pushover, and I've never understood how that is any better. I love how they rediscover each other and the changes that have taken place. Oh, and the figure skate metaphor for the mouth was quite entertaining, though I'm sure everyone, much like myself, was imaging you would say something different when alluding to the crimson wet cavern.
twilightnaley19 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
LOVED THIS ONESHOT. AWESOME JOB ON THIS.
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »