Reviews for Bloody Bones
saltnburnem chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Nice dose of hurt!Sam. Good job with the story. A buddy from the UK recommended your Christmas tale of Winchester woe and I'm glad I read it! I also figure you're from the UK, or other British colony so to speak, because we don't pull Xmas crackers here in the US. I just learn about them from my aforementioned friend. I was also tipped off earlier in your story by your use of the terms "mollycoddle" and "cotton wool" ;) Definitely not from around here! :)
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
This was wonderful. I loved the obvious despair Sam felt. And Dean watching his brother selfdestruct, feeling helpless. Finding he couldn't wake Sam up and then becoming aware of the injury, remembering the reason for it and then the verdict of Sam dying, again, it was heartbreaking. And his plea with the crossroads demon, triumphing when he finds a way to make her save Sam but at the same time finding out that they are having plans for Sam too, another very sad scene. But then in the end at least he found some hope, some contentment in being with Sammy for a while longer and Sam to found strength in his brother's love. Terrific. Hugs, Vonnie
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
WOW! Let me just say your descriptions were fantastic! What a wonderfully well written piece. It truley made my day, thanks Nicole.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
OMFG love...long time eh?

this was such an amazing fic...the limp Sammy, friggin perfect :)

I feel whole now!

amazingky written, loved how it happened, how Dean thought he was asleep, and how it happened, perfect hunt, perfect fic!

merry christmas gorgeous xx
girlyghoul chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Oh this is good. Great tension and description. Totally can get in Dean's head and all his thoughts and emotions. Great job! It was funny he was giving Sam wet willies before it all went south.
Rachelly chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Wow! This was fantastic! Every word of it! I'm not sure where to begin...

Your characterizations were perfect. I was totally taken back to season three...the weight of Dean's deal hovering over the brothers casting a heavy shadow on both of them in such different ways. I loved that there was no doubt in Dean's mind that he had to make the deal...that Sam is the one that had to be alive no matter what the cost to himself. He's the big brother and in Dean's mind, that's what big brother's do. Very Dean. Sammy, poor Sammy, being eaten alive by Dean's deal. Your description of him was so sad...exhausted, buried in books, distracted, so weighted down. Like I said you took me back and did such a better job of communicating what the boys might be feeling than the SN crew.

Loved the hunt. Rawheads are scary as all get out and you did a great job of portraying that adding the murky waters of the pond to add to the creepyness of it all. I hate wondering what is under the water when I can't see to the bottom. Having the creature take Sam under, disappearing from Dean's sight, then surfacing and going after Dean was fantastic. Loved Dean's reaction. And yay! Sammy was the hero, jumping in front of Dean to save him, not caring about himself, but being the awesome hunter we know he can be, wrestling the Rawhead in the water. Dean's protective anger about Sam saving him was great and once again reveals his absolute love for Sam- seeing his life as forfeitable before Sam's.

Loved the way you revealed Sam was hurt...and badly. Dean being oblivious, then discovering the seriousness of his injury, the desperate race to get help, the bad news, and Dean's immediate response-to make another deal or put this incident under the other deal. He hasn't changed. Sam being alive is all that matters to him. I love that Dean, miss him terribly, and wish he would round out even more to care about Sam being alive and happy too.

Bobby was great. He always is and you captured him perfectly.

Great fic! Well done! A perfect limpSam fic! Thanks for the treat! Hope you'll be writing again soon!
DontKnowMyName chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Another awesome story! You make writing looks so easy with how great your stories always turn out lol. I hope you had a good Christmas and are feeling better. Have a good New Years! )
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Really great story!

Drew me right in...fish on a hook, now in a fry pan...drew me in!

It's been a fun time,thank you much,

Karen
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Awesome story. Loved that it was set in Season 3 with Dean's deal drawing closer and Sam desperate to save him. Really fits that Sam would go head to head with the Rawhead to prevent it hurting Dean and possibly putting him in an even earlier grave, and ignore the gravity of his own injury. Totally believable that Dean would go back to the Crossroads Demon and try to make another deal to ensure Sam would live.

Great ending, Dean wanting to spend Christmas at Bobby's not only for Sam to recuperate but because he needed it too - I want to eat home cooked food until I’m ready to pop, I want to sit on my ass throwing handfuls of potato chips at bad movies on the TV, I want to fall asleep wearing one of those stupid paper crowns, I want... to be your brother while I still can.

Great to have another story from you Liz, loved it.
Animegoil chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Oh, that was... so sad, but sweet. Well, thanks for making it a happy ending after all, because they have it hard enough already.
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Fantastic job with this story. It always makes me sad to go back to the time of Dean's deal. This was nice even though heartbreaking.
Onari chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Nice story! I think I'd have preferred to have a lineal timeline in this one, but I honestly don't have a rational reason to say that. I must be in a lineal mood.

Thanks for sharing!

L xx
mousefiction chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Great.
ritsam chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Awesome story, practically mind blowing secret sam-ta story. Aww i love season 3 timeline and you made whole thing totally outstanding. I read each and every word and your words...made me cry. Aww i love it.

Ritu.
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Very well written, loved the deft touches - like Dean not knowing how to react when he finds Sam is injured but there is no fight or flight to be done; Dean talking out loud without realising; the description of Sam as the ruthless killing machine we know he was trying to become ready for Dean being gone...

All kept nicely in character, and the pacing was tight. Good job!
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »