Reviews for In The Dark
Mistress Saturn1 chapter 18 . 6/26
Has this been abandoned?
AAAAAAAAH chapter 14 . 6/15
THIS CHAPTER IS PERFECTION. I DON'T EVEN LIKE TONY OR WATCH THE SHOW ANYMORE BUT DAAAAAAAAMN. YOU DONE GOOD.
MidwestDreamer chapter 18 . 6/12
I found this chapter very unsettling, albeit well-crafted. There's a feeling of being so close to a precipice that one step, depending on its direction, will either send you over the edge or provide salvation. I have to say I was left wanting more; specifically whether Tony will be prone to a recurrence of basilar artery migraines...and the outcome of his decision to resolve things with both Jenny and Jeanne. In my opinion, canon never adequately addressed Gibbs's reaction to Jenny using Tony in her vendetta against the Frog, and I would have liked to have seen that explored here.

An excellent chapter...it just feels a bit unfinished to me.
MidwestDreamer chapter 13 . 6/11
This chapter got me a bit misty; Tony's dreams/memories were like a punch in the gut. I loved the Gabby/Abby connection...brilliant!
MidwestDreamer chapter 12 . 6/11
This was wonderfully heartbreaking...a perfect expansion on Gibbs's struggle to regain his memories, coupled with a phenomenal exploration exploration of the relationship between Tony and Gibbs. Well done.
MidwestDreamer chapter 11 . 6/11
I have to break my own pattern of waiting until I've finished (what appears to be) a completed story before leaving a comment. This chapter is far too powerful to leave without sharing my reactions while they're still fresh in my head.

While in your story it was one his chronic migraines that brought Tony down to Autopsy, I had no trouble seeing the ensuing conversation between Ducky and Tony occurring in post-Hiatus canon...and it's one I wish the writers had thought to include. You did a brilliant job of expanding on what we were shown in the episodes following Gibbs's departure, and pairing Ducky and Tony for this vignette was genius. They were, to me, the two most affected by Gibbs's absence...and the way he chose to leave. With apologies to all who love Abby, I think the show's writers have taken her through the years from being smart and quirky to smart, quirky...and needy, with a soup├žon of self-centeredness thrown in. You captured that change in her persona perfectly here, and it- along with the relating of how Tim and Ziva were acting- was an excellent springboard for Ducky's speech to Tony.

Although I very much liked the canonical twist (seen in a flashback) of Tony seeking out Jimmy for advice, connoting sort of a "passing of the torch," I think Tony's need/attempt/desire to hold everyone together would have extended to Ducky as well. This part of your story really struck a chord with me, as you gave Tony a bit of a respite from his own swirling thoughts and letting him know that at least one other member of the team had a true understanding of everything he was feeling...and that, with Ducky, he didn't have to jointly provide comfort and prove himself. This was an incredibly thoughtful and well-crafted chapter.
The Flaming Dragonfly chapter 5 . 5/30
Fantastic chapter! I'm enjoying this collection so much, but this chapter really got me. Can't wait to continue my reading.
Darth Becky 726 chapter 17 . 3/22
But Bishop's husband's name is Jake and he's an NSA lawyer.
Darth Becky 726 chapter 10 . 3/21
Ziva Jewish. They celebrate Hanukkah. Just sayin'.
Darth Becky 726 chapter 1 . 3/21
I'm suddenly reminded of the Bruno Mars song 'Count On Me'. :)
Ihatechoosinganame chapter 18 . 3/20
Wow amazing story, I absolutely love it
Guest chapter 14 . 12/19/2016
I really like your story a lot, and how you've managed to make each chapter so distinct from previous ones. But please NEVER hold somebody down during a seizure-that will hurt them worse. All you can so is remove hard objects from the area, time the seizure to inform emergency personel of the severity, and wait.
RbtlSR chapter 18 . 12/11/2016
I first read this story 8 months ago and loved it. It invoked intense emotions and I cried at multiple points (especially when Gibbs forgot about the migraines). I reread it a few months later because I loved it so much. Then, a couple of months ago I got my first migraine (apparently it's not uncommon to get your first one in your late teens/early twenties). I didn't know what was going on until I googled it. What I hadn't expected was the emotional swings/mess that apparently often comes with migraines in addition to the excruciating pain. As I cried and wished for my mom to be there (not one of my prouder moments), remembering this fic helped remind me that it would eventually be over and gave me some vicarious comfort even though I didn't have anyone with me at the time.
Since then I've been meaning to write you a review thanking you, and finally got around to it. So thank you! My first migraine was a miserable and lonely experience that I never want to go through again, but remembering this fic made it a bit less terrible. Thank you!
Kasterborous Sven chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
im not sure if you still read the reviews but i really enjoyed what you have written so far

on the other hand id like to know what medication is in the syringe
NadiaDK chapter 18 . 10/6/2016
I really like your writing and especially this story! Wish you would post more chapters:-)