Reviews for In Another's Shoes
Onyx Moonbeam chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Oh my, I love the internal monologuing. Dean had so much pressure what with John's mission, Sammy to take care of, and all of the "what if's." Excellent job.
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Oh, nice look at "what if". It's nice to know that Dean would try and make sure Sammy had what was best for him, even if it meant giving up the hunt.

I did wonder what age Dean was here. I'm assuming at least mid-teens, but wasn't sure exactly.
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
It's sad that Dean has to contemplate his father's death to allow himself to wonder at the bit of normalcy he could have. I think deep down inside, somewhere in a tiny locked-up box hidden away somewhere in his heart, Dean wants that normalcy of having a permanent SSN, a job, an apartment, a steady girlfriend. Normal. But being a Winchester, he can't have it and is relieved when his dad comes back...

How old the boys are supposed to be here? I'm putting Dean between 19 and 21, probably because I did a massive project on "The Outsiders" this past semester and Darry Curtis is still in my subconscious... In any case, love the bittersweet tone...
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
deep and bittersweet. could be seen as when dean first realized all he wanted was a little normaility.

as to your Word Count: 100 (easy) note, may I remind you: DO NOT MOCK THE SACRAED WORD COUNTER. that will come back to haunt you.

welcome back! _ write on!
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
wow. deep. nice return to action. well done.
88Ivories chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Aw, nice to think of Dean considering some other life. We don't get into his head enough in the show.
494dwangel chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
lmao...dean is so cute in his musings love his quick wake up to reality...awesome
Micaiah chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
That was heartbreaking. In order for Dean to even consider a normal life he has to consider his father's death...what a tough life.
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Just a step away from starting to kind of wish John wouldn't wake up so he could have that dream - not that he'd ever admit that...
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
uh. sad. heartbreaking. a cool little glimpse into Dean's mind and things he normally keeps buried. nice job!
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
That was great, seeing how Dean was sorta hoping for a normal life. No matter how much hunting is right for him I think he'll always long for that normalcy that he never really got. Great drabble!
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 12/28/2009