Reviews for The Long Way Home
outtayourface chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I just wanted to say that I really liked this chapter and I am really looking forward to continuing it. It's nice to see an Edward and rosalie fic where they don't hate eachothers guts. Thanks so much and keep up the great work!
LaViePastiche chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
aw, little edward and rosalie!

this was a cute glance into their childhood... only kind of makes the first part of this story (the indies part) that much sadder...

very intrigued to see where you go with this one!
SubtlePen chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
so glad i read the OS, and am thrilled to be along for the ride. your writing is beautiful, natural and easy, and i look forward to watching their story evolve.
amorningsong chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I squee-ed prety hard when this alert popped up in my email. The Corner of Your Heart is my absolute favourite oneshot, and I'm completely thrilled you're expanding it. I love Rosalie- I think she's fierce and passionate, and way more multifaceted than Bella. No one gives her enough credit.

I love this first chapter. Little boy Edward is so adorably pouty. I also really like the way you've written this. The tone is really fitting for the age they're at; even though it's not a single focused POV you've given it a child-like approach. It's a marked difference from The Corner of Your Heart, and appropriately so, since they're so much older in that story. I don't know if I'm describing this properly...

Either way, I loved it and I cannot stress how excited I am to read more.
beignet chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Not only is hmonster4 your beta extraordinaire but she is also pimping you on Twitter. Glad I follow her. This story has started out beautifully & I look forward to more. I love that Rosalie while bitchy at 5, is still fiercely loyal & protective over her friends.
VerucaSalts chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
heyy. I'm thrilled that u've posted! This Chap was so sweet, this story is gonna be so awesome, im so excited!
profmom72 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Oh this was just adorable. I like the way this is going backward to develop their friendship. You've managed to capture kid speak very realistically without being corny. There's such a nice poignancy in Rosalie's definition of friendship. Great start!
MySlashyFriend chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Eh, I'm logged into the wrong account but too lazy to change. I'm so freaking happy this has begun! Ngl, I was a little disappointed that this chapter was only a brief glimpse into their lives, but I guess it leaves me wanting more, so I can't complain. So excited about this fic. Sorry in advance if I get groany about mah Rose; for some reason, she brings out the maternal side in me

Monday shall be my favourite!
cheddah chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Oh! H rec'd this to me & I'm so glad she did! Can't wait to read

more! Hehe...cooties. & LOL the Care Bears lunch box! :)
naelany chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
That was too cute. Am looking forward to reading more!
LightStarDusting chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
My sweets!

I love Muppet Babies Edward and Rosalie.

Loved this during TT25 and I continue to love it. And you. But anyway - let me review (again?).

What I love about your writing is that you are so clear with your words, the reader can actually see this scene playing out in their head. It's short - 10 words at most and it just captures the start of their friendship and their personalities.

You know how I LOVE Rosalie now (thanks once again for that) and I especially love YOUR Rosalie. I can't wait for next Monday because even though I've been blessed to pre-read, I know that everyone else will be loving the story you've mapped out for your characters just as much as I do.
hmonster4 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Yay! 12/28 is going to be as auspicious for you as it was for me! I am so damn excited for this! Biting my tongue and bouncing in my seat :)
daisy3853 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
you did it! I'm so excited and so ducking proud of you!

this was absolutely adorable. I want to be real friends with the girl with the liquid gold hair and the boy whose head is on fire.

your discriptions are stunning and your writing is gorgeous. I love it.

can't wait for more! Mondays are now very happy days. :)

thank you for writing. 3 3 3
overzealousbunny chapter 1 . 12/28/2009

And because I sped read through and LOVED it so .. let us rewind and read again.. with delcious notation.. well i'm hoping that's what it'll look like because its basically me fawning all over the place. I'll try not to drool on your keyboard through the monitor :D

She sniffed and said, “Your head looks like it’s on fire.”

His hand flew to his hair and he flattened his palms over it, trying hard to hide it from her

- awe and it was a love hate relationship right from the start.. Love that imagery of his hair being akin to fire. Perfect!

“Edward, Rosalie, please use your inside voices,” Mrs. Cross called from the swings.

“But we’re outside,” Rosalie responded loudly, hands on hips.

- being an ex midget wrangler I could hear my OWN voice telling those two about inside voices. Loved Rosalie's comeback lol

Rosalie, Care Bears lunch box in hand

- I've already told you how much I adore Rose (see your o/s) but for the mere fact you gave her a Care Bears lunchbox? I may just well love her forever

oh and you too, but that should be obvious by now :D

“That means that I’ll always be there for you when you need me,” she told him. “Like if you’re sad or someone’s beating you up or something. My mom told me that real friends are forever.” She looked at him closely. “You can be my real friend if you want.”

- i love the distinction between friend and REAL friend. Its something we distinguish a little differently when we're older (aquaintence, friend of a friend, best friend, close friend) but really, when your kids thats all you need to know. Do you like me? if so i'm behind you a million percent. I love that Rose's mom already taught her this.

his hands firmly woven through his hair

- teehee her words really had gotten to him hadn't they!

Well bb. I loved it. I can't wait to see what you have instore for them over the years .. especially if your going to wind the o/s into this. Even if your not I'm utterly looking forward to the journey you take us on.

Boo/Cass/Womby/me hehe
ahizelm chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Hooray! You know my thoughts on the original one shot.

I'm a teeny bit afraid of the angst, mostly because I know it will hurt to read, but I am excited, nonetheless.

P.S. "Your head looks like it's on fire" might be the most accurate, succinct descriptor of Edward's hair that I've ever read. Leave it to a kid, right?
1,278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 75 82 83 84 85 86 Next »