Reviews for In the Name of Science
Silvara rivana chapter 8 . 9/8
so much happy to see this finished. tho now I want to see what happens after the fight. Can see Grace finding Tsu'Tey and healing him after his fall from the battle.
Neil Purling chapter 8 . 5/11
The way the last paragraph goes it suggests Tsu'tey & Grace may have bonded. They deserve each other, both want to safeguard the People. Grace would love children of her own; That much was obvious from the way she tenderly greets the Omatacaya children when she is allowed to visit Hometree as well as Dr Grace's feelings when she is with Ey'wa.

If this story is sealed why not do poor Norm a favour by writing another story that gives him a future as a Na'vi following from when he gets shot. It is plausible if when Col Quaritch wrecks the lab he kills Norm instead of Jake. I don't think anyone has done the right thing for Norm
Guest chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
Yes! Yesyesyesyesyes! Oh, I'm so glad you didn't kill Grace...
Out if the whole story, my favorite part was when Grace practically attacked Jake. Forget them being OOC, that was hysterical! XD
Actually, I'm really liking the Grace/Tsu'tey romance. Normally I wouldn't, but the way this was done is completely natural and not forced OOC-ness at all.
The only thing I wanted you to do differently? The scene where Jake comes across Grace and Tsu'tey arguing about the trap. You know, when they were outside and Grace was blocking his way in. I wish that Grace would've forced Jake in, and then have stayed outside and Tsu'tey asked her about why he wasn't walking, etc etc. that would've been interesting.
Sorry if I'm rambling. Peace out. :P
Neil Purling chapter 8 . 9/16/2012
Grace Augustine was such a strong flinty character in the movie & there was little explanation of why in the theatre release.
She hates the mining corporation, because they are destroying the forest. She shows Parker Selfridge no respect at all.
Grace loves The People. There was a school in the forest Grace ran. Those un-explained photos stuck to the fridge door were taken there. Apparently there are cut scenes at the derelict school house and another at Site 26 where Grace warns Jake against getting emotionally involved with the Na'vi. There was a atrocity & SecOps was responsible.
So, she has seen Na'vi slaughtered in front of her, she knows what Quaritch & his meat-heads are capable of doing.

I am glad that Tsu-tey found a potential mate, we don't know after all what their future will be.
Grace would have to become Omatacaya before Tsu'tey could take her as his mate.
Tsu'tey gets a raw deal in the movie, he loses his future... No wonder he takes it out on Jake after he & Neytiri come back to the clan as a mated pair.
You gave him a future.
I would like to think that the very next day he would not get himself killed in battle.
He survives the fall from the Valkyrie & Grace finds him? I would expect Grace would stay at Vitraya Ramunon with the children. I can see her hugging a few as the Valkyrie approaches, her tail wrapping around them protectively
I can see Grace watching at the RDA are expelled from Pandora and hissing at Selfridge as he trudges by. Selfridge spots her because although she he wearing a loincloth already she still has the maroon STANFORD top on.

Although he has a minor role in your story Norm and Tsu'tey would have a lot in common. Norm was intended to be the Dreamwalker who gets back into the Omatacaya & he's pissed at Jake for that reason.
I think that Norm was an example of the 'full cup' that Mo'at spoke of. All the studying he had done you see, wheras Jake was a empty vessel and a tough action man.

There's material there... Norman Spellman did have the balls to take part in what amounted to a cavalry charge as the Horse Clan assaulted the RDA ground forces. His Pa'li gets shot from under him, his avatar is shot in the left shoulder and then he goes out as a human with a rifle. I could see Peyral,
the best hunter knocking Norm into shape. I reckon he would have agreed to the soul-transfer too.
PurpleFairy11 chapter 8 . 6/28/2012
this is one of the best avatar stories that i have ever read please keep up the good work
fakeituntilyoumakeit chapter 2 . 1/3/2012
this was really cute, and how tsu'tey protected her when he clearly doesn't like the dreamwalkers. its really cute, does tsu'tey actually mean tall tree? huh, i'll have to look into that. anyways, great development, and I love it,
fakeituntilyoumakeit chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
this is actually really good. I really liked it, and it was awesome. The characters were well-written, and I can see definite chemistry.
Dracoessa chapter 8 . 9/8/2011
Dam good chpater, and I approve that you didn't kill Grace off. Because how would Tsu'tey would be her mate if she's dead?
1Timberwolf chapter 8 . 9/4/2011
Oh, wow, what a fantastic chapter. I'm a little torn I loved your ending better then the movies with Grace living in this version, but I hate to see it end here. Though and please, no offence intended, Though I would've liked to of seen the part where Jake and Grace were in the command center where they play the recording of Jake saying that the humans have nothing the Na'vi want. To see what Grace thought of Jakes words at that moment.
J.C Jackals chapter 8 . 9/3/2011

...and now that my fangirl moment has faded, let me say that this has been a very beautiful read.
Gypsy Amelia chapter 8 . 9/2/2011
O.M.G. This is that most amazing story I have ever read on Fanfiction. I am so incredibly sad that it is over. :( I am so glad I found this story and I am so glad that you wrote it. I love the emotion you put into your writing and I am honored that you acknowledged me. :) I implore you to keep writing the way you do, ITS AMAZING! :D

Thank you so much.

Wolf-Maiden Mitsuki chapter 8 . 9/2/2011
Aw, that can't be the end. :) I want to read more Grace and Tsu'tey fluff, but I guess I'll have to cope, huh? LOL.

I liked the vision of Ey'wa that you created. It seemed very realistic and appropriate. I liked that Grace and Tsu'tey were able to be together and I liked the paraphrasing you did with the pre-battle speech.

I hope to read more of your Avatar fanfiction and thanks so much for writing this one. :) It was a real treat to read!

Wolf-Maiden Mitsuki chapter 7 . 8/3/2011
A beautiful story, even now. I love how you developed the relationship between Tsu'tey and Grace.

I really liked the last chapter when he took her to the Tree of Voices and they kissed *squeal*.

I cannot believe I've got to the last chapter already and I really do hope you update again soon. Please don't leave me and the other readers hanging like this for long. :)

You are a brilliant writer and I absolutely adore this story! Please update!

Wolf-Maiden Mitsuki chapter 2 . 8/3/2011
I just started reading this story this morning and I love it already.

I like the alternate pairing of Grace/Tsu'tey (I'm getting really tired of all the slash stories on this site) and I think you keep both people very in-character.

I like the Tsu'tey and Grace don't have an easy time communicating with one another and that there's plenty of distrust between them as well.

I look forward to see how you tie this story in (or not) with the movie and I can't wait to read more.

A couple times in these two chapters I saw where a few words were missing in sentences, so you might want to go back and check for them. I'm sure that you'll see them if you read through the chapters again.

All in all, a wonderful and interesting story so far. I'm going to continue reading now. :)

sherloxked chapter 7 . 7/22/2011
don't know why i suddenly thought of this but what does jarhead mean?