Reviews for Faux Fox
kageshoujo chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
I love Zephiel. And Guinevere. And the only thing I can say of this fic is... TOOO SHORT! XDD MORE! It's a microfic so I can't complain, though.
The Exile chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Poor fox... That scene in the game was so sad, as was Guinevere and Zephiel's childhood in general.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Damn, this is really sad ... in all of FE, Zephiel is really the most sympathetic villain EVER - because he wasn't really a villain at heart, was he? He showed great compassion as a child and a great capacity for love. Grr ... I really hate Desmond - greedy, pathetic, jealous, self-pitying, filicidal bastard! Or maybe he was similar to his son - who knows?

I liked the look at the importance of that scene with the fox in FE7, because it does highlight an important aspect of Guinevere and Zephiel's relationship in the story - her father killed it just because her brother gave it to her. Although I would more likely consider the Black Fang's attempted assasination of Zephiel to be the turning point in the poor soul's life, this is the event that, for GUINEVERE, changed things between them. First he stops giving her gifts because of his father, and then he gradually ... drifts away. Their story is the real tragedy of FE6 - the tragedy that by extension, could have prevented the bloodbath of said game. Though I must add, Hellene didn't help matters much, judging by her at least initial attitude to her son which disgusted even Eliwood.

Not only is this short piece really sweet and sad, it's also pieced well together. I love your use of words - the juxtaposition of the grave and the sky (so realistic, no over-dramatic rain!), the description of the fox and how she found its remains with the bow that killed it, the sad realisation of how the good-hearted young boy started to die then, growing into an embittered and callous man.

Very good, I'm glad to see you focusing on Zephiel like this, even if it's from Guinevere's eyes - it works better, too. FE6 should be re-released worldwide - more people need to experience the truly moving story, without which we'd never have gotten the equally deep and involving FE7. Thanks for writing this - it really puts things in perspective for me, knowing how lucky I am, personally, to have the good family life that some children lack.

gODSPEED!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
WHOA DANG, MAN.

This was so good. I really, really liked it. But adsghlakfhadfhgkadfhsfgh. I don't even know where to start.

The fox's fate always makes me sad, though. Poor thing. I really like how you wrote it, too.

...Wow. After about 304753867498564564 typos, it is evident that I fail at typing today.

[A frisky little baby with a bright red bow, deposited carefully into the arms of a very happy, very beautiful little girl.] That was such a cute mental image...

[The dull brown of the wooden cross that marked his grave was a stark contrast to the cloudless, endless blue of the sky. She watched the sun for a moment, closing her eyes to drink it all in, to think, to remember. He had died long before his heart stopped beating.] And this was my favorite part.

ALSO. I wonder what she ended up naming the fox, despite the fact that it died...

Anyhoo, thanks so much for such a wonderful piece!

[Xirysa]