Reviews for The Good News and the Bad News
machievelli chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Posted 8 March 2014, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. Sorry for the delay, Had a bout with the flu, and some problems with... the thing where you forget...

Some of the work I read is what I consider worthy of a professional. These are marked as Picks of the Week. While they are posted on Starwarsknights I am adding the best of the week where applicable.

Post TSL: With no sequel in sight, everyone in that universe is now really ticked off

The piece was funny almost from the start. Having seen TV shows suddenly drop off the air, and especially for a time there when the average new show lasted barely six episodes, I can understand why everyone is upset.

Some of the comments were really funny. Atton being added to the game because all of the female players would nod off if Mical was the only love interest, that no one can beat him at Pazaak except for the Female Exile, but she never plays for money, and Kreia becoming more and more cranky that people keep asking about their personal futures.

They did explore the options that might get them back into the game, from time travel to sending HK47 into our world to eliminate the writers of TOR so they could get their own stories to finish.

Having never actually read the book, it reminds me of the comments made about Turlough O'Brien's At Swims Two Birds, where the characters in the book want to circumvent the writer to finish the bloody thing, even up to sending an assassin if necessary to keep the meddling SOB from working on it.

Pick of the Week
LadyArin chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Ah yes, the infamous MMPORG .. thing. Thanks for sharing your method of coping with us.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Great story! LOL. This was hilarious. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
Raven Studios chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This is great for a chuckle - I enjoyed it. _
bob chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Haha I rofled, yeah I wasn't to happy about the TOR thing I REALLY wanted a KOTOR 3 but oh well I guess we really can't change that.
HoratiosBabyMama chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Les! You brilliant riceball you!

This is amazing and awesome and hilarious and frugal and doogal and just plain good!

I never understand how come up with this stuff. My humor pales in comparison to yours. ~bows and basks in your awesomeness~

And don't think I didn't notice the abundance of Atton in this story, you little fangirl ;) The mical-bashing was good though, heheh. I completely love this fic and am so honored to be considered one of your best friends.

Awesome job and happy writing, may the pineapple monkeys give you inspiration.

Whirl aka Kiki