Reviews for Another Skeleton in the Closet
V-Roxie-V chapter 4 . 7/16/2010
Wow. Just wow. This is a great story. One of the better COTC fanfics I've read, actually. Now, me being a fangirl, I admit that to me personally, the lack of Isaac puts a frown on my face, but fangirlisms aside...

I repeat myself: wow. Your style is excellent. And I REALLY liked your descriptions of how the neighboring town was shaken up by the Gatlin Tragedy. I don't remember the second movie too well, but I don't think that film accurately portrayed the emotions that a neighboring town - 20 minutes away, no less - would be feeling after learning that their neighbors went batshit insane and decided to start a cult. You got down morbid fascination perfectly, painting an excellent backdrop for the tale your spinning here.

I admit your character seem cookie-cutter horror movie, but that very well be what you were going for. Because it seems just like that: a horror movie, and if that's the mood you were aiming at you hit the bullseye. Michael is an exception to the above rule, as he does seem to have a little more depth than the others. The Rose history is fascinating - and I can't help but wonder if you chose her name on purpose. He Who Walks Behind the ROSE, maybe? I dunno. I do wonder how you're gonna tie her death into all this.

I really hope you update soon. Thank you so much for writing a Good Children of the Corn Story, and please don't abandon it!

Sinister Sanity chapter 3 . 2/3/2010
Have I really been that lazy that I haven't reviewed this fic at all?

Well my apologies.

This actually is very interesting and I think that the basic evils of Gatlin are definitely worth a fic or two. Your use of dialogue is impressive because there is so much of it and yet it flows. The use of the characters and the way you started the story also makes them seem believable, not bad at all. I’m glad that this is going to continue and would like to see where the Ouija board takes them. :) ~Sin

p.s. Wow, two good fics in less than 3 months? After nearly a year of nothing this is quite the treat.
Addictive Insanity chapter 3 . 1/30/2010
Ha ha, the beginning of this chapter made me laugh.

I really have a feeling that these people are in for the ride of their lives... and just thinking about it makes me nervous.

Wow, dorks. If there's a barbed wire fence that was constructed to keep people out, wouldn't you think that it'd be best not to enter? XD

Oh, no, not the Ouija board! This just gets better and better, a unique idea by the way.

There's no way I can guess what will happen, and I'm slightly frustrated but delighted at that fact. I'm so glad that this didn't turn out to be the last chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
T0M Serv0 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Wow, this is truly something new. I never would've expected this kind of opening and it drew me in quite well and in the POV of a male character, no less, a rairty among here. The main problem I had with it was the pacing. It was a bit confusing at times, especially when it jumped from one event to the other. Threads were left hanging, such as Malachi's confiscated items and little things like that to which I can only assume but it wouldn't have hurt to make them more clear. One thing, if this truly takes place before the slaughter, then the children shouldn't have relgious-based names until afterwards.
Becky chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
Great so far.
Addictive Insanity chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
A few of the sentences were a bit confusing to read, but other than that I really like your originality.

I can't help but wonder what type of trouble these guys are going to get into... but I'm guessing that it may not be all that pretty.

I'm kind of sad that the next chapter is going to be the last, but I can't wait to find out how it all wraps up.
MissDEEinsanelyME chapter 2 . 1/2/2010
Good chapters...
UC chapter 2 . 1/2/2010
Wonderful! I would love to read more!
Addictive Insanity chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I read the first sentence, and I was drawn in immediately. I really liked how you described the sibling rivalry. It reminded me so much of my brother and me when we always fought, lol. And you're right about the "I'm telling!" thing... older siblings always hate it. Ha ha, I love how they were smoking, I didn't expect that to be the "materials".

Hm... sad that little Rose died, and I guess she did make him feel sorry for what he did, didn't she?

Overall I'd say that you're off to a good start, and I can't wait for the next chapter :)