Reviews for Graduate Vulcan for Fun and Profit
ameliacolours chapter 1 . 3/9
Such an awesome way to reveal the secret like that! Hahahaha
TKcloud9 chapter 1 . 2/28
This is like the seventh time I've read this. Still cracking up
iwillstaywiththemforever chapter 1 . 2/26
So I've read this story several times-on AO3 and here-and it never fails to make me laugh hysterically and cry horribly at the same time. It's honestly one of my top 10 Star Trek fics. I just love this story and I'm really happy you wrote it. :)
Best think I read in a while. Thank you for your work.
gwmclintock9 chapter 1 . 2/16
...words can not describe how awesome this was. Great job.
This story...just YES. Thank you.
laraquick chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
This is the best Star Trek story I've read ... ever. No qualifications.
eliyes chapter 1 . 8/15/2016
One of the best ST:09 fic out there.
CaDor chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
Excellent story. I came in expecting one thing and ended up fully satisfied by another thing. I feel good inside.
Flarire chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
I found this to be oddly enjoyable
Ochiphius chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
The will reading was the greatest thing ever and I can picture this actually being canon and omigod I'm DYING thank you thank you THANK YOU
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
Nice story, darlin'
reader1writer1 chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
Amazing story. I really enjoyed it. Sakel's will was funny and all around great.
CatWingsAthena chapter 1 . 4/14/2016
Okay. Where do I start reviewing this? It was all so awesome!

First off, I love this fic from my all-weather sandals to the collar of my fleece jacket, with all my mind (which is currently writing a thesis about language use) and all my Trekkie Portland-girl soul. The idea that Portland still has her own distinct culture in the age of the Federation is a lovely one, and made me so happy. Powell's! The Rose Garden! Benson Bubblers! Rain (and stubborn people who won't use umbrellas therein)! Heck yes!

In addition to all the Portland love, the exploration of Vulcan culture was absolutely fascinating *raises eyebrow*. I'm basically a nerd about everything, but I'm definitely a language and culture nerd, and the exploration of how Vulcan language changed with Surak's Reformation was at once deeply interesting (I found myself speculating on how other areas of the language might have changed-I kind of wanted to know about the sex thing, but also, I kind of really didn't), somehow profound, and utterly hilarious-which, come to think of it, is a pretty good description for this fic as a whole. Even beyond the language thing, it was interesting (and, I think, not done often enough) that you bothered to show how Vulcan society had been affected by the lack of water-the poisoning of food being fine but the poisoning of water being tantamount to cannibalism, the way anyone who cried "deserved the dehydration headache", and Sakel's fascination with the rain and admiration of the Benson bubblers. It's that sort of detail that brings you into the world of a story, and you handle it so well.

On the topic of Vulcans and water, I love it when a fanfic addresses something from canon that was bothering me (or that I didn't know was bothering me), and does it well. FINALLY, someone acknowledges the sheer impossibility of a Human/Vulcan hybrid when the species don't have the same biochemical makeup, or even the same freaking DNA structure, of all things! (I apologize for my illogical outburst). You, my friend, have managed to generate a logical explanation that fits in quite well with what we know of Vulcan culture (of course, they'd want to see if such a thing were possible) and with Amanda's character (she's a teacher, it makes sense she'd want a child badly). (Speaking of which, I appreciate that your Amanda gets the respect she deserves. So often, she's just Spock's mother or Sarek's wife, and it's nice to see her recognized in her own right.) I tried to count the new headcanons this fic gave me, but I hadn't even finished the first segment before I gave up and decided the whole fic was my new headcanon.

I could say the usual things about how the characters were perfect (they were), or how the humor was spot-on (I actually cracked up on the MAX train), or how your writing is beautiful (does that need saying?), or any number of other comments you use when you know you liked something but aren't sure what to say. This really doesn't need that. Well done, my friend. Live long and prosper.
Brenden chapter 1 . 12/17/2015