Reviews for Graduate Vulcan for Fun and Profit
Ochiphius chapter 1 . 7/25
The will reading was the greatest thing ever and I can picture this actually being canon and omigod I'm DYING thank you thank you THANK YOU
Nice story, darlin'
reader1writer1 chapter 1 . 6/18
Amazing story. I really enjoyed it. Sakel's will was funny and all around great.
CatWingsAthena chapter 1 . 4/14
Okay. Where do I start reviewing this? It was all so awesome!

First off, I love this fic from my all-weather sandals to the collar of my fleece jacket, with all my mind (which is currently writing a thesis about language use) and all my Trekkie Portland-girl soul. The idea that Portland still has her own distinct culture in the age of the Federation is a lovely one, and made me so happy. Powell's! The Rose Garden! Benson Bubblers! Rain (and stubborn people who won't use umbrellas therein)! Heck yes!

In addition to all the Portland love, the exploration of Vulcan culture was absolutely fascinating *raises eyebrow*. I'm basically a nerd about everything, but I'm definitely a language and culture nerd, and the exploration of how Vulcan language changed with Surak's Reformation was at once deeply interesting (I found myself speculating on how other areas of the language might have changed-I kind of wanted to know about the sex thing, but also, I kind of really didn't), somehow profound, and utterly hilarious-which, come to think of it, is a pretty good description for this fic as a whole. Even beyond the language thing, it was interesting (and, I think, not done often enough) that you bothered to show how Vulcan society had been affected by the lack of water-the poisoning of food being fine but the poisoning of water being tantamount to cannibalism, the way anyone who cried "deserved the dehydration headache", and Sakel's fascination with the rain and admiration of the Benson bubblers. It's that sort of detail that brings you into the world of a story, and you handle it so well.

On the topic of Vulcans and water, I love it when a fanfic addresses something from canon that was bothering me (or that I didn't know was bothering me), and does it well. FINALLY, someone acknowledges the sheer impossibility of a Human/Vulcan hybrid when the species don't have the same biochemical makeup, or even the same freaking DNA structure, of all things! (I apologize for my illogical outburst). You, my friend, have managed to generate a logical explanation that fits in quite well with what we know of Vulcan culture (of course, they'd want to see if such a thing were possible) and with Amanda's character (she's a teacher, it makes sense she'd want a child badly). (Speaking of which, I appreciate that your Amanda gets the respect she deserves. So often, she's just Spock's mother or Sarek's wife, and it's nice to see her recognized in her own right.) I tried to count the new headcanons this fic gave me, but I hadn't even finished the first segment before I gave up and decided the whole fic was my new headcanon.

I could say the usual things about how the characters were perfect (they were), or how the humor was spot-on (I actually cracked up on the MAX train), or how your writing is beautiful (does that need saying?), or any number of other comments you use when you know you liked something but aren't sure what to say. This really doesn't need that. Well done, my friend. Live long and prosper.
Brenden chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
goodwork
AlexiCyn chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
What a lovely, bitter sweet fic. Thank you for creating it, and sharing it. :)
greenprisoner chapter 1 . 9/3/2015
i have read this like 4 times now and it's still one of my favorite fics
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
Obviously Jim has never learned Chinese. A biao gu is the aunt of a child whose relation to the child is as a first cousin of the child's father and is considered part of a different family as the father and aunt are related through their mothers or the father's father is the brother of the aunt's sister. So, in English, a first cousin once removed.
sad sabrin chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
Very nice thanks
RGN chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Really really lovely story.
Thank you for writing and sharing it!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
This story really tuggs at my heart strings.
catbob1 chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
I've read this story many times as it is one of my favorites but this is the first time I' ve left a review. I just want to say this touched many emotions. I absoluetly LOVE it. Thank you for your time and talent in writing this. It is much appreciated.
Kilana89 chapter 1 . 4/26/2015
Okay, I love this! I was laughing my ass off reading this thing! Thank you thank you so much for my evenings entertainment! My dorm probably thinks I'm insane but this was so worth it! Great job!
DalekQueen7 chapter 1 . 4/23/2015
I liked it, though it was a bit difficult to determine who Kirk was flirting with at times.
Desmothene chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
Just thought I'd let you know that this is one of my most favorite stories in the star trek fandom. I think I just finished reading it for the fourth time. Every time I see the title I can't help myself. I read it again. Tha k you so much for being such an amazing writer.