Reviews for Changing States
Kitten Kisses chapter 3 . 8/2/2010
Wow, this was beautiful. I'm definitely not being biased, of course. But really, this was a great piece. I enjoyed it very much. There are all kinds of little details in it that I liked, and I have to say that...I think you did the quote justice.

I've loved that quote for years, and I can't quite remember when I first stumbled upon it. It's a lovely thing, "cool logic", like Fiora herself; it's nothing but the bitter truth. People die, but nothing stops. Not time, not work, not living, not breathing. Time only stops for those that die, themselves, but for the rest of us, it goes on.

I'll probably go in circles with this review, so bear with me. I have never been good at being concise.

Fiora's role as the eldest was also portrayed well here. Also? Sain's line here: ["Tell me, Fiora, when you chose the path of the pegasus knight, did you imagine that you would succumb to disease? Or that you would fall on the battlefield?"]

How sad. We know not how we may leave this world, only that someday, we must.

Funny, isn't it, that we know this, and yet are always surprised by the deaths of loved ones? Of friends and acquaintances? (Also, damn, random plot bunny...just...all of a sudden.)

Poor Fiora. But at least she has Sain. This was a great piece of writing, so thank you for writing it and posting it up on my birthday! [Hugs]

Cheers,

-Manna
Kitten Kisses chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
You write so well for all fandoms, darn you. Anyway, while I was here I thought I'd toss you some reviews because I'm a horrible person and I slack on reviewing. I fail.

[Valter had always been one to covet that which he could not possess] That describes Valter very well. Of course, he creeps me out, so...I might be just a tiny bit biased.

Anyway, since I'm a sucker and I can't write reviews anymore worth reading...let me just say that this was great. Valter was his creepy self, and Karel, well... You managed to put him into the story and make it make sense. Wonderful.

Cheers,

-Manna
piratelore chapter 3 . 7/28/2010
I felt that the way Fiora still remained distant from her grief and how she didn't fall into Sain's arms upon his confession kept the story dictated by Fiora's characterization, rather than being overpowered by the tempting possibilities that the 'what if' scenarios hold. So while the ending is sweet, it's balanced with enough rationality to keep it sincere.

I found this a joy to read. :)
Sara Jaye chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
3 Thank you! This is perfect, so sad and deep yet so uplifting, I LOVE the way you write Sylvia and Claude so much, especially Claude, who I've always felt didn't get much love in the fandom. And the ending was ADORABLE.