Reviews for Gift
animeloveras chapter 1 . 4/23
my heart hurt reading this cause I ship them and kakashi is my fave character so I'm fucking crying rn u did really good!
NatNicole chapter 1 . 4/16
Holy shtick, this is AMAZING!
emily4498 chapter 1 . 2/14
This had me hooked from the beginning. Good job!
Oh my God. Terrorofthehighway just f*cked my poor slow mind, which is desperately trying to process all of this to understand like all the people in the review section are.

Then after rereading again, I understood. And it also kinda reminded me of another fanfic similar to this one, but at the same time, contrasting largely.

But even some parts, my mind is still confused with. With the last section of the fanfic, it felt like as everything just rewind. Like, just before, in the early sections, I think it showed of him gradually turning into Kakashi. Then suddenly. Reverse. Rewind.

And the few last lines saying, 'yes, yes, you do get a second chance,' by any chance, TIMETRAVEL? Or was all Obito's life fast-forwarding the moment Rin shouts out 'Kakashi!' Or is it the other way around? Was that last part all an illusion?

*Strangles mind with frustration*

But, my goodness- does your sister has some talent.

The part where Obito starts to ever-so slowly revert into Kakashi is chilling, though it's moderately hot at where I am the moment, so I might be lying, but, bear with me. You get what I mean.

Changing of last name from Uchiha to Hatake, then changing his name fully into Hatake Kakashi shows he doesn't want to be Obito; himself. Not wanting Rin, as she is 'Kakashi's', bleaching of his hair to white to imitate his dead teammate's, and finally, acting distant and severing ties/bonds, because Kakashi did so well by being alone. Putting on of the mask, and straying of the usage of the Sharingan.

Obito is slowly turning into his long dead comrade, because of all of the guilt piling up, slowly shattering his own self.

It horrified me, that Obito has been 'Kakashi' for so long, almost to the point that he doesn't know who actually died in during the cavefall. Obito or Kakashi.

How he wishes he'd died in Kakashi's place, instead. You've got me in the feels.

How he buries himself in his self-loathing and is drowning in his guilt. You can almost feel his twisting relief, that he didn't hesitate this time. That the crushing weight of the boulder on his right side is killing him, but vaguely doesn't really seem to mind, as Kakashi is real, living, alive, skin and flesh.

Imagine how great Kakashi will be with the Sharingan.

ㅠㅠ

When all that time, he was beating himself because of his hesitation, and kept thinking how much of a genius Kakashi would've been more if he had the Sharingan. And finally, in the end, he gives his eye to Kakashi as a "Gift."

How Obito fails to think that in either position, swapped or non-swapped, that they will both carry the suffocating guilt throughout their lives.

I'm sorry if this takes up the area of the reviewing section, but I'm sorry. I tend to get really excited or emotional when I read fics like these.

I love Kakashi/Obito fanfics and is very picky with them, (as with all be other fics) and I have to say this a top-notch, mindf*ck story that makes the reviewer feel lost. (In a good way.) One of the main factor on why I like fic: it makes you think.

Margan, I want to thank terrorofthehighway as to writing such a mind-twisting fanfiction. Thankyou to both of you.
MawVax chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
omfg that wow. wow. I. wow. speechless. Holy shit. that was. that was. wow.
JJGrace42 chapter 1 . 2/18/2016
This story was beautifully written, and I love the way you portrayed how different things could have been. Your characterization is great—I can totally imagine Obito going off the deep end like that if things had happened differently. Definitely one of my favorite one-shots. Thank you so much for sharing!
Just a bluebird chapter 1 . 8/27/2015
This was really good! I liked it!
VJ Riddle chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
Wow... seriously - awesome! This is seriously well written and painful and just - wow. Thanks for posting!
YellowPaint chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
wow man, that was intense. you did a fantastic job. that was chilling. you built up the tension perfectly. wow. that was really really good. ah I have so many feels now. thanks.
Anivla01 chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
you just broke my heart q.q

Riddle Wraith chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
Well, thanks for making me cry asshole... Okay, so you aren't an asshole but still. _
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
I cried so damn hard inside. The tears refused to leak and it pained! I don't care if obito is Tobi, he is still Obito
qlory chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
That was...just.

So.

Oh god.

This is so good.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Ohmyfuckinggoodnesswhywouldyouwritesomethinglikethis?! *angry* HOW COULD YOU FUCKING WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!

I love it. I fucking love it so much.

*takes a shaky breath and then coughs awkwardly*

Alright, onto the review. This was so excellent that it's making me inarticulate. Your writing style, especially the way you emphasise certain things, fits the mood of the story so well. It makes it insistent- not just to Obito, but to the reader as well. The way that you've written Re-experiencing gives it a sense of turmoil and chaos, but in its technical sense, the writing is very organised, which is excellent. The steady changing of character, the "If he...it's nothing," the self-berating thoughts, "too much of a loser to take responsibility," the repeated insistence of the present, the compelling need to make up for not saving him, the way that it's imperative for him not to use the Sharingan, and the reasoning for his actions...They can't be summed up in a way that would do justice to the intense emotions they evoke in the reader and especially not in a way that would be able to justify how insanely logical it is. It's astounding.

His constant comparison of himself to Kakashi, the way that he takes his identity because it's the only way he feels that he can make up for everything he's done...It's very in character and logical and all the more messed up and painful, especially in conjunction with canon!Kakashi's actions after Obito's death. I find that the repeated "Take a mission, Complete a mission. Take a new one." does an unbelievable job of expressing how he's drowning himself in bloodshed without outright telling the reader. This is more showing than it is telling. Phenomenal.

I don't think this review did anything to express how perfect this was. How achingly beautiful you've spun the tale. I love it too much. Breathless and speechless. The reader doesn't notice he's holding his breath while reading this. It's fantastic. Excellent work.
Jezzika of Medius chapter 1 . 1/13/2014