Reviews for Outcast's Alley
Detsella Morningdew chapter 16 . 9/4/2020
For a story in which I don't particularly care for the transformation involved, you wrote it so damn well that I have been hooked the entire time.

It's unfortunate that the second book seems to be on a quite long hiatus, or possibly even permanently abandoned, but this was a good story. (And I'm rather used to having to deal with partial stories, being a long time fan of fanfiction in general.)
Detsella Morningdew chapter 3 . 9/4/2020
I would like to mention that while fantasy authors tend to have a rather good instinct for pricing with made-up currencies to make them self-consistent, they are usually *awful* with actual exchange rates.

Just look at the official Naruto "ryo" exchange rate. It's just as nonsensical.

(Based on the pricing, and how people tend to react to money amounts in the books, 1 Galleon is certainly more than 10 USD. $70 for a wand? I highly doubt that the Weasleys would not be able to afford one for Ron in that case, especially given the poor condition of the wand he used. Money is tight for them, but if they can afford to feed their family with little difficulty, $70 would be small enough for them to stretch things. Unless the real reason the Weasleys are so poor is due to poor budgeting skills and the mindset that they are poor.

I'm not going to go calculating stuff right now, since it would take a few hours or research, and I've never had the occasion to seriously try, but I do have to say that that exchange rate doesn't quite make sense. I don't mind if you continue to use that rate, though.)
vampdreams chapter 16 . 8/24/2020
Oh this was absolutely brilliant!
I have loved everything about it
Your plot, creatures, courts, OCs and adorable baby Mo
I would have loved to see more, but since your sequel has not been updated for 4 years now, dunno if that'll be happening
But I have adored everything you've written
So thanks for sharing, and looking forward if you ever get back to it :)
blackesparrow chapter 4 . 7/18/2020
Lmao
goldenzingy46 chapter 16 . 7/17/2020
This was good!
Accio Allsorts chapter 13 . 6/29/2020
Oh, this is going to be good.
Accio Allsorts chapter 11 . 6/29/2020
Just realised, Umbridge is gonna razz him so hard. I can't wait to see the flour of how she treats the Useelie Heir.
Accio Allsorts chapter 9 . 6/29/2020
Yes! Get slapped Lupin!
Accio Allsorts chapter 8 . 6/29/2020
Well at least Harry's mad at one person. I swear, if he turns round and forgives Lupin too, just like that, I will be pissed.
Accio Allsorts chapter 3 . 6/29/2020
I want to find that Lilianne and slap her. All these inconsiderate people that can't be bothered to properly explain things before dropping dead.
kingsj10 chapter 7 . 6/2/2020
So instead of just, going to the goblin and getting proper help, he going to trust his son to Snape who has done nothing but torture him for 5 years, yeah... Very smart.
kingsj10 chapter 4 . 6/1/2020
Harry's whining is starting to get more and more irritating, I appreciate the drama of it, but he's such a wimp
Gothic Rain chapter 8 . 5/25/2020
Yeah, screw Lupin!
Gothic Rain chapter 3 . 5/25/2020
I'm just laughing quietly under my breath trying not to choke in my attempt to keep quiet since it's so late and my roommate would try to kill me. I love how realistic this is - how we don't get to prepare for these situations that are suddenly thrust upon us. It just happens and that's it.

Poor Harry though. I'm sure he'll miss saying he's nothing special. Although, I have a hunch he's about to mature really fast by taking care of Mo.
1,304 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »