Reviews for Chuck VS the Alien Colonists
bruwi chapter 1 . 8/11
I love the story. Thank you for sharing with us!
clh chapter 7 . 5/9
Not loving the ending. I'd have preferred a wrap-up rather than a lead-in to a crossover with a show I don't even watch. But, oh well, it's your story.
clh chapter 6 . 5/9
While I suppose I can understand wanting to warn readers about a character death, it makes the ending of this story a bit overly predictable. They plan at the beginning of chapter five to take Casey to the ruins to die and spend most of the rest of the story doing just that, and because of the warning in the summary you know exactly what's going to happen. There's not much suspense. Casey's memories were a good touch because they broke up the predictability, but the character death warning still made the last bit play out as far too obvious.

I also wonder why you decided to ignore the events of the movie "I Want to Believe" for this story, since it was published after that movie came out? Mulder was cleared in that, so there's no reason he couldn't have been in this story. That movie also implied that he and Scully had been in contact the whole time, while your story seems to imply that they hadn't. I suppose I can understand if you thought Mulder got cleared too easily in I want to Believe. I thought so too. But even without being cleared, he could have made some kind of appearance. That was the whole problem with the last few seasons of the X-files. X-files without Mulder simply isn't the X-files.

It's good story on the whole, but not everything I would want out of an X-files-Chuck crossover.
clh chapter 2 . 5/9
This is an interesting idea and it's well written. It's just a shame I find Doggett and Reyes (and especially Doggett) so immensely boring.

You also have a slight mechanical issue with your use of hyphens to set off parenthetical content, ex. "Sentence-parenthetical content-rest of sentence". It makes the story confusing to read because the words on either side of the hyphen look like compound words. What you really need there is either the em dash, ex. "Sentence—parenthetical content—rest of sentence" or the en dash separated from the preceding and following word by spaces, ex. "Sentence – parenthetical content – rest of sentence". If you must use hyphens, it's be better to use them with spaces, ex. "Sentence - parenthetical content - rest of sentence" or even use double hyphens "Sentence - parenthetical content - rest of sentence", but em or en dashes are neater.
Dimonah Tralon chapter 7 . 1/23/2011
And again with the crying...wonderfully written story! I'm off to read the sequel!
Dimonah Tralon chapter 5 . 1/23/2011
Dang it! You totally made me sob! Which is the mark of a very well written story. I'm glad I listened and kept tissues nearby.
Ms. Chips chapter 7 . 7/13/2010
What a remarkable, wonderful story! You had me in tears during Casey's last hours. You captured all of the characters brilliantly, and I especially loved the relationship between the General and Casey.

I've already read the beginning of the sequel, so I know that Scully also has become immortal. I wonder if we'll be seeing Chuck there as well? If Diane's offer to give Chuck immortality was to provide a protector for Casey's clone, then I'm surprised that Chuck wasn't a part of rescue team, along with Jayne Merriweather and his crew. If nothing else, Beckman and Bartowski were both so loyal to Casey that I can't imagine them not wanting to be part of the baby's salvation.

I really did love this story. It had everything: heart-stopping action, intense emotions, and incredible bravery on everyone's parts. Great job!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 7 . 7/9/2010
Huh...gotta say...the opening monologue to "Serenity" is gonna feel different from now on, what with thinking "Which ship whizzing past the camera's the John Casey?"

;)

Amazing wrap-up to an utterly spellbinding tale, vandevere! Can't wait to see how the sequel shapes up :D
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 6 . 7/9/2010
*stunned silence*

Tears...there are honest tears at the beauty and the horror of Casey's death running down my face right now! Cuz honestly, this was some unbelievably powerful stuff to read...thank you!

Though I am starting to see the tie back to Firefly/Serenity now, if the colonization is still going to happen. Gotta wonder...what kind of war the 'Verse will get sucked into if the Colonists decide they need all of their "sheep"...
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 5 . 7/9/2010
Oh Lord...it's really gonna happen, isn't it? Casey's gonna sacrifice himself to ensure another Super Soldier can't be created...and it's not gonna be a simple "bullet in the brainpan squish!" kind of ritual suicide. No...it's gonna be the equivalent of bathing in thermite :(
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 4 . 7/9/2010
Oh Jesus...this is getting bad! Very bad! Casey's infected and who knows what's gonna happen if things can't be stopped ASAP!

Nice plot twist though...making Casey/Rohrer related to the Spenders and Mulder ;D)
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 3 . 7/9/2010
Wow...Casey's got a wackier past than Chuck does! And that's saying something! Definitely can't wait to see what kind of crazy revelations will come to light once the hypnotism has been started!

Gotta wonder why Doggett, Reyes and Scully aren't freaking out more over Chuck's apparent knowledge of things supposedly buried deep and dark...or at least more than they seemed to when Casey's background started coming to light out of a person who would have had no contact with the various individuals mentioned by him.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 2 . 7/9/2010
I gotta echo Beckman...this is definitely a "Shit!" kinda thing and I doubt it's gonna get easier. Cuz Reyes and Doggett will probably find out soon Chuck's secret, and if not Casey...then someone with a shedload of strength is lurking around Burbank with the need to off anyone related to the biggest X-File of them all.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Wow...gotta say this a new way to tie together two of Adam Baldwin's roles! And it even generally follows the series itself, other than "John Casey" being really Alexander Coburn and not Knowle Rohrer ;D

Gotta say though...mighty interested to see how you're gonna tie together the X-Files and Chuck, cuz I am wondering how much info about the Super Soldiers and their extraterrestrial masters are now floating around in Chuck Bartowski's head. Still, mighty awesome work here!
SusanMarieS chapter 7 . 7/9/2010
wonderful story thanks a bunch.