Reviews for Daffodil
K Gibbs Winters chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Just beautiful. It may be that it's 11:15 pm and I'm tired, but you almost had me crying with that... :)
halliwelldream chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
So heartbreaking and very beautifully executed. The imagery is simple but so believable and moving and also colorful (if that makes any sense; for some reason, that adjective just came to mind). Oh Booth. I love that he can smile remembering her and hearing what she would theoretically say-he's such a feelings and in the moment person in many ways. I always thought that his ideas about love were charming and sweet, but here you give them a breathless depth and maturity, and I was reminded that as a former Army man, former sniper, and now FBI, he's been through and seen so much despite what his usually light personality may not betray.

That said, my one doubt about this piece was that having experienced all that he has, Booth has a certain resilience to him, and Cam, if not all the Squints would definitely push him to get back on his feet at some point. I can, for sure, see him grieving like this (especially given his going to Teddy's grave every year and given that he was the one who pushed Brennan to visit her mother's grave) in the early stages but the implications of it going on indefinitely, I'm not so sure about. Still, that doesn't take away from the grace and rawness of the piece; well done!
River of Oblivion chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
This was so heartcrushingly beautiful that I seriously felt tears come to my eyes. Please write more!