Reviews for Practical Romance
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 3 . 10/16/2010
That was lovely! How nice for Anora to have a bit of romance in her life, however brief and bittersweet. I love it that Marcus is an owl (the spectacles fit, too!)

It also makes understandable Anora remaining in Eamon's camp, which otherwise I think a very bad idea for her. If Eamon and Alistair don't decide to make her queen, it will end very badly for her (mutive wrote a sad story about that recently). She has not been able to get through to her father, and the act smacks of a desperate to bid to make him see how serious things are.
almostinsane chapter 3 . 10/16/2010
Great chapter! Poor guys. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
mutive chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
I wonder how bad it is that I saw the heading for this story and was all like "this is the most awesome idea ever", just to realize that I've already read everything you've written and felt disappointed.

Oh well. Eventually I will finish Mass Effect (damn you computer!) and be able to read the rest of your stories and be happy.

(Note: Please disregard that I am typing this late on a Friday night...)
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Yes! More Marcus! I do enjoy reading about him. And an Anora/Marcus romance? That's a splendid idea. I look forward to the continuation.
almostinsane chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Great chapter! Poor Anora... Thanks for writing this. God bless!
icey cold chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Hah! I remember seeing this on the kmeme. Chicks dig guys in spectacles! And I'll admit, you do make Marcus rather irresistible, what with his hand kisses and polite compliments...
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
What a wonderful story! Marcus is a splendid protagonist: a believable leader and a thoughtful, feeling human being. And the twist of Alistair sleeping with Morrigan out of spite is inspired.
mutive chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Oh, I love Marcus and his doomed romance. (So much of me is hoping that he and Anora hook up somehow, despite that it is probably completely impossible). And Marcus is just an awesome Grey Warden in general.

Watching Alistair and Anora attempt to work together is rather amusing as well. They do seem to make a fairly good pair (and I like that you don't have them snapping at each other - neither really seem that petty to me, so it's nice to see them just trying to make things work out somehow).
Aziethe chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
What an intriguing and unusual set of circumstances. I can completely buy that Alistair would do the ritual, since he has a history of making poor snap decisions, and lol - planning a wedding sucks at the best of times, but a royal wedding would be a nightmare. This makes me a bit curious about the Amell/Morrigan relationship; it's interesting to see one where the Warden is just as pragmatic as she is about the whole thing. Poor Amell. I bet he wishes he had been born a Cousland :(
almostinsane chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Great story! Now, if only this had a sequel... Thanks for writing this. God bless!
Sweet Wisteria chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
SAD! I've always liked Anora. I kind of feel sorry for her though.

Great story!
Rose7 chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I have said this in Dinah and Pluto's stories too, so I feel like I am repeating myself, lol, but Alistair is great and totally in character. I feel like he would be hard to get right/not make one-note, so I am impressed that he's so perfect here. His interactions with Anora and attitude towards being king/his responsibilities make a lot of sense too.

PC/Anora is a new and really interesting idea. Now that I think back, she does make quite an impression when you come to rescue her and she's all ready to go in her armor and such. I would really like to see more of this, maybe some moments they had at Arl Eamon's before the Landsmeet, see how they'd act when alone together now.

The only part of this that I am not sure about is Alistair sleeping with Morrigan out of revenge. It is certainly in character for her to ambush him and lure him into it when he is drunk and angry (I'm sure he is a lightweight, lol), but in that state I just see him being pissy and passing out instead. Although I would love to see how he reacted when he woke up in the morning next to her...
Tarante11a chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I absolutely love this! It's written so beautifully, both in the pacing and your language choices. And the characterization is right on the money. I can hear Alistair loud and clear and Marcus is so interesting and fully fleshed out, even though this the first chapter.

At least I hope it's just the first chapter! Really looking forward to reading more. I have this on my alerts.

(and no stomach-heaving romantic gush - what a relief!)
kosiah chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Love that line you added, perfect!

I am a sucker for characters making the best of bad situations, and you do this brilliantly. Alistair's flaws are all here, but so is his charm. It works really, really well.

I also think it is a stroke of genius to have Amell and Morrigan not be in true happy for ever love, but to have Amell and Anora have a serious vibe. It sets everything up very nicely.

This is a great one-shot, but I'd love to see what would happen if you'd continue it...
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5