Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
beckini chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
I LOVE this! This is a great story. The title is perfect. I even teared up a bit. Very good!
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
I love the way the two types of life are juxtaposed: some people are being ungrateful idiots, and then there are Dean and Sam, happy just with the thought that it's Christmas, with a toy somebody else dumped, a trowel made in class, and a day in the snow. :')
writeforeverforlife chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
This is a really sweet one shot! Love the family atmosphere :)
firstcatfish chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I love the parallel stories. It is so easy to take things for granted, especially around Christmas. I think you nailed our materialistic, selfish, me-centered culture. Off setting it with Sam and Dean's Christmas helped show that the season is about way more than how much stuff you get. Good job with this one.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Aww, this was beautiful. I loved the juxtaposition of the normal reactions of teenagers to their Christmas presents compared to what the Winchesters were doing. It made it that much more wonderful. :)
Curious6 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
"You lost points on a school assignment to make something for me?"
Awwww!
Man, this was so sad to read. The parallels in it hurt :(
YJ-Obsessed chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Bratty kids. I'd much rather have something homemade, or something fixed than a bunch of crap. And getting a DVD player or a phone for your birthday?! Oh, poor babies.
apester chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Its getting to be that time of year again so reading this was really sweet.

I know way to many people who are exactly like those other kids here. its sad.

Jesus and family thats what christmas is not just material gifts.

very great job i loved it
ccase13 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Their poverty is something that could easily make them bitter but it doesn't somehow.
samira parsa chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
aw that was so sweet!

to me it's kind of sweet and sad in a way. i love the way you portrayed the other kids. it worked well :)
Von chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
A very sweet story. It was kind of horrifying how realistic all those other kids sounded.
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This story is super cute. I quite enjoyed it. ]
ROBINV chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Outstanding! The way you showed how shallow the other kids getting Christmas gifts were compared with the Winchesters with their homemade presents and abiding love made this an extremely powerful story.

Kudos!

Love, Robin
Hjalmar chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
This was a great christmas story. You write everything perfect, the spoiled kids conversations were spot on. Happy new Year!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
The sad part in this is all those spoiled kids who don't even know what they're missing. I bet for all their "deprived" childhood, the guys knew more pure joy than a lot of their peers. Very nice reminder in an original way.