Reviews for Beautiful Lie
S chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Haha! Very dramatic but I just love it! Jin getting assassinated at his own wedding to Lilli by Hwoarang... So good.
Lacuna The Lost chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Oh how the lines of love, obsession, and insanity can blur into one... I'm kinda sad for Hwo. Still he may one day come to regret his decision...
Sin'dorei no Keiko chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
...i wondered to whom did hwoarang sots..i do hope not lili...*sniffs*...still, it was AWESOME!...
JeeNoo chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Wow, I liked it, good job!

Keep it up, and good luck with Uni 'w'
Melancholy of the Cello chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I love your writing! It's very poetic and beautiful! This story is so vivid and precise in it's descriptions! I loved it. (And I'm not even a fan of this pairing...) 5/5
Divinely Ethereal chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
That was lovely. Enjoyed the whole Gothic atmosphere. Poor disturbed Hwo and his fantasies. I wonder if he followed on by killing himself?

~Happy Writing!
AngelEyes87 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Oh. My. Good. Lord. How unbelievable this was especially towards the end!

I do like the psycho/stalker side of Hwoarang that you described in this oneshot - it really makes him more dark and sinister. I get this impression that for a long time Hwoarang has developed a crush on Lil (bordering on an unhealthy obsession) and it just spirals out of control therefore he convinces himself that she is the one who should belong with him, and if I may add, he is rather delusional with his thoughts about her and him together. 'In his mind, he could always pretend he was hers.' - That just sums it up basically :) Lili looks gorgous as always and I like her charactersation of her too - it isn't too over the top nor snobbish if you know what I mean.

'He had something with that princess of the Rochefort Region, soon-to-be Queen, he honestly did – but he dreamt it all, pretending, a fantasy – and he won’t believe it – and if he can’t have her, no one can.' - Typical behaviour of a stalker and such a possessive one at that too ;)

The wedding ceremony was beautifully described and I liked how Hwoarang viewed Jin as someone who will hurt Lili without a doubta and much to Hwoarang's dismay he still can't understand what Lili sees in Jin and how she is oblivious to the dark side of him even though the Devil entity is gone. Who knows, if Jin and Lili had a child together then maybe that child will have the Devil gene...'Two regions, two empires about to be united in peace and love, and two hearts about to entwine for the same reasons.' - It kinda reminds me of a conventional marriage in order to bring peace to both families and so that they can earn something while doing it too. I'd say Lili and Jin is doing it out of respect and politeness - honour even.

The colours change to white and rise upwards. He’s surprised that his hands aren’t shaking as he does everything and swiftly takes aim, his vision filled with golden hair. His mind races with images of what could’ve been – of what should’ve been – of what it is to him; and his face is entirely emotionless.

But just because it’s all a lie, that doesn’t make it any less beautiful.

He shoots. - What an ending that was! I was expecting Hwoarang to shoot at Jin, not Lili. While he is acting like a right obsessive fuckwit, I still feel sorry for him at the same time as it is unrequited love on his side more or less. And you can't help who you fall in love with most of the time. Love can be tragic at times and this sums up Hwoarang I think.

Excellent oneshot and I really enjoyed it XD
TeaC0sy chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I can think of one word for this, and it is the first half of the title.

Just pure amazement. It's such a wonderful idea as well, the wedding and all.. still in amazement stage. It was short and powerful. Great fic, seriously, and Sei must love it to bits. :)
P.O.J.A chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
zomg i can't believe it took me so long to finally read this but by golly i'm glad i did! this was really good, i felt it for hwoarang :( always losing to jin, but this time they both lose for the sake of love. interesting concept, another great story for the fav archives :)

Sincerely,

P.O.J.A _
xiloveme2muchx chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Wow, this is amazing! can you make another one. Although it is sad, I'm just happy to see a Hwoarang/Lili story. More power to you and Sei!
Pathetic Rainbow chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Beautifully written.

"But just because it’s all a lie, that doesn’t make it any less beautiful."

I expect more from you quite soon. :)
Sei Honou chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
...

-sniff-

*cries*

"In his mind, he could always pretend he was hers."

"Or wishes it existed at all – a fabrication of his imagination. Or was it honest and real?"

"Just because the devil within is gone doesn’t mean that the man is now free and pure – he’s still a monster, and he’ll hurt her in ways unimaginable – he can’t see the look of genuine love on the Prince’s face, because honest to God, he swears the man will break her heart, tear her to pieces and then rip her apart."

"But just because it’s all a lie, that doesn’t make it any less beautiful."

"And that’s why he has to pull the trigger. Not for diplomatic reasons, not for hatred – for love.

He shoots."

*BAWLS*

w...wah! Aw, Raze! Thank you thank you thank you so much! It's true, the whole coming-of-age stuff and this going to college crap of mine. I admit- it's really hard, this stuff... But with good friends like you and Thunder and the others backing me up, you all make this evolutionary phase (or going to college and all this senior stuff) more bearable than ever. Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate it. :) I swear, I am going to try my best and I have you guys to thank for it. :)

And tell Thunder I said thank you too! IMY&&ILY guys! :D

-hugs!-
CrayolaBox16 chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Oh, wow... I'm speechless. What a emotional, almost heartbreaking story. I'm a newly-created shipper for Hwoarang and Lili, but this is one of the best oneshots of them I ever read. Keep it up :)

In time, review my Xiaoyin story ;)
Thunderxtw chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Goodness. This certainly didn't take long. I envy you for your speedy updates.

"Just because the devil within is gone doesn’t mean that the man is now free and pure – he’s still a monster, and he’ll hurt her in ways unimaginable – he can’t see the look of genuine love on the Prince’s face, because honest to God, he swears the man will break her heart, tear her to pieces and then rip her apart"

"Every tooth is like a knife"

Oh my. O_O

Sad as it is, I loved every bit of this. The lines were very deep and powerful, the emotions heart-felt.

Beautifully tragic. I think Sei will be proud. :)