Reviews for Blair
Dudly chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
i remember reading this fic, years ago. it made me want to read Rebecca, but I never got the chance, never got the time. And in the last few days I finally did, I borrowed it at my university's library and decided to spend 500 pages in this universe, thinking a lot about this fic when I did, thinking about how much I liked it -

and I started reading it thinking yes rebecca is etheral and beautiful and nothing could replace her and this sort of point of view from the new wife is mesmerizing -

i thought of blair you know of chuck and blair and i thought about the line "she would want me to be miserable i would want the same thing" and i thought about how original and great it was and that sometimes i would wish if i die my love would keep me a bit unreplaceable too -

and something happened during the book, i started to like this young girl, this young naive little wife who had no idea what to do with herself.

and the way the book goes surprised me but did not disappoint me it was a great read

and now i came back to reread this fic (typed in google: chuck blair rebecca fic) and it's nice to read it again.
eckomoon chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
Beautiful is how I would picture Chuck if Blair passed before him. Loved the pov from the new wife and her obsession. I bawled my eyes out at the end and I rarely cry. You are such a good writer. Do you write for a living? If not, you should!
L chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
oh my gosh you are such a talented writer, everything of yours that i've read has been amazing and this one was beautiful. I cried at the end, but in a good way. you have a gift. 3
chillwithJyl chapter 2 . 7/26/2011
Arazadia chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
Came back for a re-read of this story, and while it was a hauntingly beautiful as I remember, THIS time it made me cry. This is literally the first piece of fan fiction to do that ever. It's just so insightful and touching all around, I love your handle on not only Chuck, but his children and Serena and Nate. Eleanor too is so compelling here, her grief and fierce protectiveness over Blair's memory is incredibly. Just wanted to drop you a line and say how much this story still haunts me, much like Blair does Chuck I suppose!
3venst4r chapter 2 . 12/3/2010
I always thought that Chuck and Blair will be forever, this story helped give a view into what their life might be if one was to move on before the other.

Also your story seriously made me cry althroughout. I hated reading the part wherein the narrator is the second wife but I realized that it was necessary. I adore the NJBC, the Bass kids, and especially Eleanor. I appreciated Eleanor's feistiness and how she was so overprotective of her daughter's memory. Same with Serena's. There are a lot of instances that I absolutely adored and just moved me to tears. But that wooden box with the letters was just wow.

In short, I enjoyed every minute reading this story.
Kou Shun'u chapter 2 . 11/9/2010
i think that was just a perfect ending to them. howhe was just waiting to see her in the afterlife and just accepting it as fact and damn what others think about it even his children.
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
beautiful story, and im glad for it. i just adore the story as if told by a bystander. and i think really thats the only type person who chuck would be able to marry-someone that also marries blair.

and im sorry for ditching your other story and not writing a review to chapter 2. i will. its just i want to do a long one and i had a phone call to make and when i came back, ididnt feel like doing it right then and i just wanted to read rather then review. so i might do it tommorrow or when the next chapter comes out. but it itll be there because your work deserves it.
bookworm455 chapter 2 . 11/7/2010
This is one of my favorite stories of all time (if not my favorite). I have lost count of how many times I have read it.

And each time, I use an entire tissue box.
IceApple chapter 2 . 10/26/2010
Stunning. :)
Guardian Izz chapter 2 . 10/17/2010
what the hell happened to THIS Chuck!

I do think that we all sort of idealize both him and Blair, like we start off with a blurry image derived from a memory from the show's season 1 or maybe a tragic scene in season 2, and from thereon our imagination runs wild! We paint Chuck slightly taller, a bit more serious, kinda like he was in 2x14 or maybe 1x10, Blair is suddenly a modern version of snowhite with even more gorgious waves of hair constantly perfect in its shape as if a still image from episode 1x13 or 1x07...

So yeah, when the show lowered its standards and didn't measure up to the quality of storylines and consistency of season 1, and the emotions played and development of character displayed in season 2 - we hard core die hard fans of the EPIC romance (not just a "ship" like some others who still watch the show stoyecally) - we simply do not recognize he characters we fell in love with.

In my mind even though I am immensly disappointed by the way Charles Bass' character was mihandled and his love for Blair so precious and new to him CRUSHED and RUINED for no apparent reason - even though I now cannot watch the show PERIOD, some fome favourite season 1 episdes and few season 2 ones, but mostly scene of him and her really, cause everything else of the 40 min on-screen seems so trivial in a way that it makes me wake up from my fictional illusion and reminds me that it's just a soap/show on a teen channel! And I don't want that.

This should really be a PM, and I think I'll send a copy to you. But I guess I could mention something on the topic of your story. Well I already reviewed 1st chapterand in conclusion I'd like to add that this anonymous 2nd relpacement wife seems a COWARD to me. I am NOT judging her cause in a way, the reason why I founf her annoying and pathetic was that I saw myself in her a little. I am an introvert and I am far to shy and quiet to ever evoke romantic feelings in anyone, let alone have a great love story. That's why I love Chuck and Blair, they inspire my dreams.

However, unlike this woman, I would NEVER sleep wtih Chuck. Sure I someitmes wish I was Blair - don't we all? - but to violate the memory of their time by sleepign with her husband IN HER BED! That just made me sick.

- I did not like the fact that he kept hte closet private but THEIR BED the most private piece of furniture theyr owned, he just gladly shared with this new wife.

- I certainly hope that my interpretation of them having s-e-x RARELY was the correct one, seeing as he is decaying and mourning his wife till his days and sees this new wife as a companion barely looking at her appearance.

- I was somehow confused by the tmeline as well. FIRT OF ALL, I doubt that Chuck and Blair will wait till hey are 25! to get married. Nope, if go from season 2 and realistically build up their future I'd give them TOPS till 21 for an engagement, and then 22 for the wedding. Seeing as at 45 she was still alive I'd give them a 30 year anniversary befroe the accident, so that leaves us at 52.

Now here comes the real confusion. First you say that he shot everyone out and looked for Blair and the entire debecale took a little over a year. So then you say that it took some time before the 2nd wify MET him. Then I'd guess it took anothe year till the ring exchange (sorry cannot call it marriage or refer to it as a wedding). So overall that' about 3 years - I HOPE otherwise it's jsut plain disgusting hat Blair so little to him that he didn't honour her memory for at least 2 years before sleeping with another woman.

So that means WHAT?

- that soon after his second marriage his daughter got engaged? am I right?

- and sicne we are talking about 5 years of them being "companions" that means in my mind he is 523560 and in your story 503558.

- Well if my calculations are correct I must say that people who are barely 60 do not look as old as you described him. But then again I've never met Chuck and I expect that the loss of his Blair took 20 years of his life in 1 searching year!

- and I LOVED the last confession about his letters - I was so moved that I cried like a baby. Especially when you mentioned ANGRY letters, no doubt cursing her to hell, or better yet, like Heathcliff confining her to being a wandering spirit never to leave earth without him, so they can be together in heaven or hell!

I wish you'd write a fic where you show us these letters.

PS. why don't you have an avatar image?
Guardian Izz chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
it feels to me a litttle weird that you make references to Rebecca, in fact it makes me quite distraught, seeing as Mr. Dewinter couldn't stand his wife! If I'm not He killed her and he HATED her!

I agree that the quote suits but honestly to devaluate Chuck and Blair's love to the level of hate and to compare Blair to the cheap brunette version of Serena who had as many lovers as she had shoes - it just makes me really discomforted and sad.
donotreplydeletedaccount chapter 2 . 10/12/2010
The most beautiful ghost story I've ever read. Well done.
gleefulvall chapter 2 . 9/30/2010
I have NO words, for this absolutely gorgeous masterpiece. I just keep crying. And crying. It took me about an hour to read this, purely because I couldn't stop bawling at the sheer perfection.

This was one of the most BEAUTIFUL pieces I have ever read in this fandom, and that's saying something, seeing as I read tons and TONS of fanfiction.

The way you write is intensely gratifying, you just want to go on and on and on.

Chuck and Blair.. just. perfection. I can't explain it, I really can't. The POV was strange, I can say that much, but it was so interesting at the same time.

All I can say is that you have earned yourself a spot in my favourite fanfiction list and that this was just the loveliest thing I have ever read and I will be returning to it many a time in the future.
Arazadia chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
Haunting. Simply haunting and beautiful. I love Rebecca, and this is a wonderful interpretation of it. I love how epic you've made their love, and how perfectly you've crafted all the characters. The idea of Eleanor and Chuck's relationship after Blair's death fascinates me, and the little touches about the children felt spot-on. This made me cry, and I'm sure I'll be returning to it many times in the future.