Reviews for The Paladin Protocol
Jaycie Victory chapter 4 . 10h
Came looking for this as a much-loved favourite and much-needed pick-me-up with all the Shamy coitus badness and realisation that our Sheldon really is gone forever.

This chapter made me smile - Leonard's dream reminded me of the long-awaited Shenny kiss in the series :) Shame about everything that followed... *sigh* Back to immersing myself in denial in your brilliant story.
Kilataia chapter 36 . 11/25
Loved the story!
newmixgirl chapter 36 . 11/13
So the other day I was sorting out my favorite fanfics on here as I hadn't done that in a while and I am trying to keep it focused on only one fandom as it's the one who has my complete attention atm, but then I realized I had this fanfic saved and I couldn't remember what it was about so...I read the whole thing in a day, lol. Now I remember why I liked it so much when you first posted it!

I don't watch TBBT anymore. I think I stopped watching it around S5, I think, as the show was going into directions I couldn't handle anymore so I have no idea how it's going right now, but when I read your fanfic, you have no idea how nostalgic I was for these times, like when you published this fanfic, that I still had hope that the show might just fix it back to what honestly made sense. Not only because I ship Sheldon/Penny and I truly believe they made sense together, but to all the other characters (and the truly unbelievable trainwreck that is Penny/Leonard that I have so many problems with I don't even know where to start, it's just bad). Reading you fanfic reminded me of that and I so wish this was how the show was; that it would have actually allowed its characters to GROW and develop then contradict themselves just for a laugh (which usually wasn't even a very good one, lbr).

I was reminded why I favorited this story and it was because how you developed it and respected the characters-so the obvious flaws that it was having, especially with Sheldon, Penny and Leonard. Mostly on Leonard character (and I have never liked him, so you being able to make me have some reaction to him was great, imo)! It felt real and organic and why couldn't the show have gone this route? [sigh] But, yes, I love how you developed them, I love how the relationship that started to shape between Sheldon and Penny felt genuine and real and scary, because you made a lot of interesting points here, especially how, despite how slight childish behavior, Sheldon is the one who is "adult" from the bunch (or was during this time). He deserved that respect and what they did to him in the Arctic and how it was brushed off was horrible (that episode is horrible, like every time I think about it, still after all this time, I still see RED). I believe that was where my interest in the show truly declined because I couldn't believe it! So I'm glad you wrote around that and got drama and tension from it and how it had to be resolved seriously, because it was a pretty screwed up thing to do. Like, no way would that honestly be let down, especially to someone like Sheldon.

I don't normally read fix it fics usually because they depress me of what "could have been", but I really loved this one and I feel like it was needed. Amazing work, amazing writing and insight to the characters and their flaws! The only thing I did have problems with was that I think you dragged the break up between Leonard and Penny a bit too much; I believe she would have done it sooner, but I did like how you planted it. I just think it should have been done a few chapters ago. But still-amazing story and the ending made my heart go mush because you may drop shows, but you don't drop ships and I still care about Sheldon & Penny so much still.
loving-reader-and-writer chapter 2 . 11/1
every time I come across this story in my searches and browsing habits I am compelled to read it again. I love it every time.
Persephonespomegranate chapter 36 . 10/29
Absolutely glorious. Beautiful writing. These characters are truly living and breathing souls in my mind now. Thank you for fleshing them out so wonderfully and humanly.
Liz chapter 36 . 10/15
I read this because I am a little upset with thenShamy situation right now. Not so much the story but the reactions of diehard Shamy fans. I do feel that there was potential for Penny and Sheldon and really enjoyed the kiss in 9.02. Alas, it will probably look never come to pass but will always be a part of fan fix.
DudeISoDumb chapter 36 . 10/17
I have to say that this is one of the best fanfics I've read on this site! I really loved your intensely real characterizations, your story felt like a character study with true and very plausible results! The OCs also felt real too, well done. Anyways, I really loved reading this, I especially loved the slow burn with Sheldon and Penny. Your writing was amazing, it was funny, and sweet, and sad, and beautiful. After reading your story, I found myself angry at times when I was watching reruns of TBBT, that Leonard's deception to Sheldon went without repercussions. Also to the fact that Penny was still in a relationship to someone who didn't love her for her but for what she represented, for what she looked like, and who didn't support her dreams. That has to say something of your amazing storytelling. ;) Anyways, I want to thank you for writing this, it made me very happy to read.
BethieBee chapter 36 . 10/17
One of my friends strongly recommended that I read this story and I'm so happy that she did and I listened to her because this was awesome! I've struggled for a while with not liking Leonard for so many of the things he's done through the series and the feeling that Penny is more a trophy to him than someone he actually likes and respects, so it's been great to find I'm not the only one. Also, you really made the whole progression of the Shenny very natural and not at all forced, which I really admire. It's great to see how you took all the stuff the series gives us about each of the characters and mixed it all together into a realistic and pleasing fic where nobody seemed to break character and still blended seamlessly with each other and the OCs you introduced. Oh, and just hearing the hint of the spontaneous exorcism of the very badly behaved child still has me giggling at intervals...that was brilliant! Honestly, this has been one of the most enjoyable fics I've ever read and I just wanted to let you know.
Starfox5 chapter 36 . 10/16
Very nice, sweet and touching story. I loved how the two found each other.
Ellen chapter 3 . 9/19
Okay, this is so fun! I just love Queen Penelope and Sheldor... Really, the way you write this fanfic is amazing, you're so talented. Congratz on the great work!
Kslayer chapter 36 . 9/7
I wish I could convey properly how I feel about this fanfiction. You have portrayed not only what I have always wished for one of my otps but on a more personal point of view, how beautiful it is to truly love someone, setting aside the sex, booze and tobacco. How special it is to acknowledge your feelings, and the other person's feelings :) I will always hold this fanfiction in a special place in my heart. You have made me smile and believe for 36 chapters, and so on. Thank you.
sailor8t chapter 36 . 8/20
This is an excellent story. Everyone is true to character, and their interactions are well thought out and developed. I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for sharing.
Amanthya chapter 1 . 8/18
I made a mistake: I read your fic as my first TBBT fic. Now I find myself unable to read others as they are inevitably of lessor quality (especially the dialogue, my word).

So thanks, and all, but also - darn you!

Oh, well, I'll just re-read this.
That was the BEST sheldon and penny fic I have ever read. And I've read alot.
allyourrain chapter 36 . 8/15
This is my favorite Shenny fanfic of all time. I have read it several times, but (shamefully) I don't know if I've reviewed.

This and Strange and Charmed have become my medicine after I watch any amount of the show now. I honestly don't know why I keep putting myself through it. I guess I keep hoping that the writers will realize that the characters that they are writing aren't the ones they started with, nor would have arrived at by any character development that is healthy and sane.

That is why I reread this story. The comfort of knowing someone else saw and fell in love with the same characters that I did. A Sheldon that is quirky and difficult but who isn't a toddler and doesn't spend the entirety of his time being manipulated. And a Penny who is kind and has a backbone. How many times has Leonard made a joke to the effect that he ignored everything about her that he didn't agree with because they had sex?

I'm starting to think this is my fault for liking characters that exist in a comedy. Everything is about the joke and not how actual people and real organizations would react. Thank you for your haven! This fic is truly brilliant!
1,550 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »