Reviews for The Paladin Protocol
takalotti chapter 17 . 5/31/2010
Sheldon lays down his fork. The little click is like a bullet chambering. – Oooh, I think I got a chill.

"Firstly, I am not trying to 'steal' her." His tone is sharp, precise. – Of course, the man doesn't even have to TRY.

"Secondly, Penny is a person in her own right, not some possession to be gloated over." – Oh how I love listening to Sheldon go on an honor tirade. The (gentle)man speaks the truth because he knows nothing but the truth.

"And thirdly, should either of you repeat any of this...unfounded speculation to any other party, there will be...Dire. Consequences." – Damn!

"Okay, this sucks." Raj pushes himself to his feet, too. "Sheldon has been working his butt off rechecking every little thing he's done over the last year, because we screwed him over. He's been trying to pull his career back out of the hole we put it in, and you've been too busy with your 'girlfriends' to notice." "What's your excuse?" Howard's guilt makes him nasty. Wants to pull his own tongue out. "I don't have one." says Raj, quietly. "None of us do." – This entire exchange was magnificent. I love Raj stating facts without making excuses. I even love Howard still being a slimeball as it gives Raj something to bounce off of.

The only thing that had stopped him punching Kripke was the certain knowledge that if he did, he wouldn't stop. – Whoa! So dark and yet so… alluring.

The simple application of force. Folds one hand into a fist and contemplates it. – I love how scientifically Sheldon considers the concept of an ass-whooping.

Other...needs are simple to deal with. (Quick heat and gone in his cheeks; he has never before thought about anything other than sensation, certainly not smooth, warm skin, soft lips and laughter...) – How is it possible that you are able to make Sheldon's clinical thought process so dang hot?
takalotti chapter 16 . 5/31/2010
"My name is Missy Cooper. You don't screw around with my brother Shelly ever again, got that?" – Woo! Go Missy! I love how much she and Penny have in common. We're told how Missy would screw with Sheldon, but as soon as someone else does it she turns into a protective sister immediately. Similarly, Penny messes with Sheldon plenty, calls him out on his crap, and even yells at him in annoyance, but her protective hackles go up the second it's someone else doing it to him.

Missy thins her lips, and there is a sudden strong family resemblance. "I don't really want to see those friends of yours again." – Missy, you forgot to put the word in quotes.

Takes some kinda dynamite to shift him. – Dynamite, thy name is Penny.

Penny knows exactly how much trouble she's in. … She'd felt sick to her stomach, hot-cold rush. … Can't even begin to find the words for the relief when she sees Missy. Nothing false in her delighted welcome. Tells herself she was all set to run off another grad student, (hoped to hell it wasn't that Martha) – knows she's lying to herself, and damn. – Loved Penny's reactions and internal thoughts here.

Table isn't in her section, but everyone knows that he's hers...her customer. – No no, Penny. You shouldn't have added that qualifier. Just stop at "hers" and you got it right.

They share a whole childhood of memories in one mutual glance. – This was fan-freakin-tastic.

Shelly takes his own time getting places. Always gotta think everything out. But it looks like her brother, for all his extra smarts, is just as dumb over a girl as any other guy. And now he's freaking out because he's discovered that he's normal after all, and he's got to join the rest of the human race. – I loved Missy's insight here. Everyone thinks Sheldon is some sort of anomaly or a mystery, but he's really not.

"Shelly, honey, you surely need some better friends." – Amen, sister!

"I have already come to that same conclusion." He says, a little sadly. – Awww. Even though I agree, it's so heartbreaking to hear how sad Sheldon is about it.

Missy has no idea what that exchange is all about, but they both seem to understand each other. – Oh, that just warmed my heart. It was great watching an outsider listening to them speak their secret language. And beyond the specifics of that exact exchange, they really do understand each other on a fundamental level.

"Good lord, woman…" – How is it that usually when I hear people call females "woman," I am immediately turned off, but when Sheldon says it I find it endearing?

Oh, Momma is gonna be praisin' Jesus from here 'til Christmas. Shelly's found a girl. Neither of 'em might be admitting to it yet, but they're fussing round each other something fierce. – Hee! I love it! I really love how you've captured Missy's voice.
unknown to love chapter 31 . 5/30/2010
You have a wonderful vernacular and you have everyone just about down. I am hoping you update soon! most of the story made me laugh (and that is hard to do)
ermintrude421 chapter 31 . 5/30/2010
I LOVE this chapter. Usually I'm not a big fan of Leonard, but this inernal monologue is honest, brutal and yet also sympathetic. Hopefully he can gain a bit of insight and self-esteem for himeslf, and come out a better person.

I still miss the Penny-Sheldon action however.

Keep it coming, this is so wonderful!
jessicajason chapter 31 . 5/30/2010
Thank you for putting Leonard back on the path to redemption. I want to like him again, and I want him to be happy. I wish we could meet Leonard's dad on the show.
JustAPoisonApple chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
...Wow. That was really good. Leonard's POV, really, really good.
House Calls chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
Took some time to catch up on this story, and I'm *so* glad I did! I wasn't sure about the whole Sheldon/Penny pairing, but you've steered the characters in such a direction that I'm totally buying it. And with this most recent chapter, I'm not so mad at Leonard any more either. You really set him on a good path in this chapter, and I really like that. Great job and I'm looking forward to more!
luna andie chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
I think I could potentially like your leonard character again. He could have easily turned into a one dimensional scapegoat character and i'm glad you did'nt go down that path.
redgrunt84 chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
This was a first class character study of Leonard. I have long maintained he was the most "broken" of the group. You have put words to my instinctive feeling.

I do like how you hold out hope that he can redeem himself. It's the critical difference between the flawed and inadvertant adversary and a true villian. Very nicely done.
Rokimbo chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
This story is such a joy to read, I get a little thrill every time I see you've posted a new chapter! I'd love it if you never ended it - just keep adding these wonderful updates and all will be right with the world! Seriously, this the most fantastic fic - an absolute pleasure! You Rock!
Dimac99 chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
Excellent chapter - I'm finally feeling sorry for Leonard, now that he's accepting responsibility for all his mistakes. Plus, with a mother like his it's no surprise he's emotionally screwed up. It's not an excuse, but it is a reason. Nice idea to switch back to him and see how he's doing now that he's got time and space away from Sheldon.
TheOptimisticPessimist chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
Love the baptism of this chapter. Very smooth.

I've not reviewed before, but I've been following for a while now and just have to say that this story is beautifully written and I can never wait for the next chapter to come out, as frequently as you write. There are so few stories these days that leave you with such gripping desire.

I love minor dynamics between Raj and Howard, however occasional and your slight use of dialogue. Your writing style is highly efficient for TBBT.

This is lovely and wonderful and I cant wait for chapter 31. Cheers.

kumikokat chapter 31 . 5/29/2010
Your portrayal of Leonard is certainly different to any other I have seen in the wide world of fanfiction - one that certainly fits snugly with your story and works in comparison to the Leonard in the show. You have written him skillfully, and this is another great chapter in a great story! I was almost crying when he let out his feelings to his father. I just hope now that Leonard has begun to come to terms with himself, that he can at least start being civil towards Sheldon. I am eagerly anticipating the next chapter!
Funkapus chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I am loving this fic. Keep up the good work, i'm eagerly awaiting every chapter.

You have all the characters down pat.
Fayth3 chapter 31 . 5/29/2010