Reviews for The Paladin Protocol
GreenAlpaca chapter 26 . 4/19/2010
It was absolutely without doubt completely worth it to sit through so many chapters of Leonard and Penny dating because we're finally here and it's BRILLIANT! I honestly love the way you've written everyone from the main cast to Sheldon's family, even your OC's are fabulous. :)
FirstDraft chapter 26 . 4/19/2010
Lovely to see these two getting on with it, so to speak - only too true that Leonard should be, on the other hand, stuck in limbo. I like the fact that neither Sheldon nor Penny are now acting out of character - goes to show, really...
DestinyManifested chapter 26 . 4/19/2010
"George Jubal Cooper"- I do love and look forward to your Firefly references ;)

And I can't wait for that dinner!
majinme chapter 26 . 4/19/2010
WOW...I think that about sums it up. The whole thing is just...did I mention wow...
kumikokat chapter 26 . 4/19/2010
Great chapter! All the characters are spot on, especially Sheldon and his family. This story makes me go colon capital D. Well done!
fanAtHeart chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
after 26 chapters, you're still making me laugh out loud!

love the continuing build-up of the relationship... it isn't all happening at once... very cool!
FlightyFuschia chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
Ah, the multitude of conversations chapter. Felt very much like a filler, so I'm left waiting for more...things to happen, but I enjoyed this chapter anyway. The Leonard part was painful-I hate breakups-never done 'em before, thank God-but moving on...

My favorite conversation, hands down, has to be Sheldon talking to/threatening Gig, even if half of it wasn't written out. It just makes me giggle to imagine Sheldon speaking that way. I hope Penny gets a chance to hear him using such diction some time in the future-her face would be priceless.

So yea, eagerly awaiting the next chapter, as always, and until then, I'm curious to go find out if my bf has classified our kisses, too. Thanks for the ideas. :) Happy writing!
Skiffle-Rose chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
pretty sure its love... this is a really good story cant wait for the next chapter. (:
Fayth3 chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
I can not tell you the heartfelt sigh that came as I finished this chapter. It was soul deep, that's how soothing this fic was after today.

Bonus points for Gig's middle name- salute to Jubal Early.

Also this line

kick my goddam ass if I went hornin' in'

I could so imagine Sheldon saying that and it made me...well, i'll be in my bunk...or his.

Fantastic and glad to see more of this.
Arwen Strife chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
Aw...Now I kinda want to see Gig actually come and visit! Reinforcing my extreme love for Sheldon and Penny. Can't wait to see what happens when they go for dinner.
estar23 chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
It's always a gift to see that "updated story" in my email box. It's freaking rainbows and chocolate and unicorns when it's for "Paladin Protocol." Even though you're spot-on with the L/P break up emotion, I hope there's some happiness for Leonard, maybe some emotional evolution the show has not provided him with? And with more Raj/Sheldon interaction sprinkles on top? *hopeful look* I especially liked how Howard, now dating Bernadette, can see past the Sheldon-crazy and see it as normal. That was a sweet moment.

I absolutely adore your Gig.
JustAPoisonApple chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
lol. geex. I really love this story. It would be a blast to see them interact as a couple with each-others families. lol. I'd like to see Gig beat up THIS Sheldon. XD
camiguin chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
Sweetie, you have outdone yourself on this one! I love the little steps into love. I adore fairy tales but I have issues with the fact that it's love at first sight and then the sunset and horses. With this story it's baby steps and not all rush rush rush.

I also love how you are able to show the many sides of Sheldon Cooper. Sheldon at work. Sheldon with Penny. Sheldon with his family. And I love the families of this adorkable couple.

You have a very vivid writing style. I can picture very clearly exactly what's going on, from the hanger cuddles to the fist pumping to Gig. Love it all and I can't wait for updates nthis one came in the middle of the drive in and I sat there and read it on my phone and probably drove the people behind me crazy (and didn't help the situation when I fell asleep wih my foot on the brake. Oops. )

I am so very frustrated with Leonard right now, both on the show and in here. The guy needs a puppy and to be medicated. You can't expect to be loved until you can love yourself and he's a LONG way from that.

And finally a request. More armoured Sheldon! Gah! I love I when he's all chivalrous and noble.
Yvaughn chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Another chapter-and just in time for my birthday!

So much TPP goodness! As ever, I'm impressed by your modernist style, with the stream-of-conscious pov's and the understood-pronouns... the kind of techinques my freshmen don't always get, because they're still grasping at basics instead of transcending them, ya' know? But as style means less than nothing unless we're enjoying the story, the most important part is the story goodness:

* It had been a bit like cuddling a bag of coat-hangers to begin with - LOVE. It captures Sheldon's uniquely angular nature, and also implies so much about how their relationship is one that starts with affection and moves to physical comfort, instead of just leaping into the physical. I'm also glad you remembered to make Sheldon a quick study :-)

* Also perfectly Sheldon: he reads no sub-text. I especially loved the tiny scene of the tiny moment of him updating his facebook page, not bothering to think about implications the way Leonard did with Dr. Stephanie, just-stating a fact.

* I like that you explained some of Leonard's douche-baggery,. He's no moustache twirling villain, after all. He's just someone who's been so damaged that he behaves badly. It's no excuse, but it helps round him out, all the same.

* Mostly, though, I loved that Sheldon and Penny love kissing. It's such a quiet, sweet part of a relationship, the kissing before anything more, that often gets lost in the "sex first, relationship later" angle we see on so much TV.

Thank you again for posting!
absolute nonsense chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Truly amazing, I love it!

Fantastic job, really.

The scene between Penny and Leonard was great. Leonard needs to get over it, and deal. I get that he's hurt and all, but still..

And introducing Sheldon's brother Gig, was awesome :D