Reviews for The Paladin Protocol
estar23 chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
It's always a gift to see that "updated story" in my email box. It's freaking rainbows and chocolate and unicorns when it's for "Paladin Protocol." Even though you're spot-on with the L/P break up emotion, I hope there's some happiness for Leonard, maybe some emotional evolution the show has not provided him with? And with more Raj/Sheldon interaction sprinkles on top? *hopeful look* I especially liked how Howard, now dating Bernadette, can see past the Sheldon-crazy and see it as normal. That was a sweet moment.

I absolutely adore your Gig.
JustAPoisonApple chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
lol. geex. I really love this story. It would be a blast to see them interact as a couple with each-others families. lol. I'd like to see Gig beat up THIS Sheldon. XD
camiguin chapter 26 . 4/18/2010
Sweetie, you have outdone yourself on this one! I love the little steps into love. I adore fairy tales but I have issues with the fact that it's love at first sight and then the sunset and horses. With this story it's baby steps and not all rush rush rush.

I also love how you are able to show the many sides of Sheldon Cooper. Sheldon at work. Sheldon with Penny. Sheldon with his family. And I love the families of this adorkable couple.

You have a very vivid writing style. I can picture very clearly exactly what's going on, from the hanger cuddles to the fist pumping to Gig. Love it all and I can't wait for updates nthis one came in the middle of the drive in and I sat there and read it on my phone and probably drove the people behind me crazy (and didn't help the situation when I fell asleep wih my foot on the brake. Oops. )

I am so very frustrated with Leonard right now, both on the show and in here. The guy needs a puppy and to be medicated. You can't expect to be loved until you can love yourself and he's a LONG way from that.

And finally a request. More armoured Sheldon! Gah! I love I when he's all chivalrous and noble.
Yvaughn chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Another chapter-and just in time for my birthday!

So much TPP goodness! As ever, I'm impressed by your modernist style, with the stream-of-conscious pov's and the understood-pronouns... the kind of techinques my freshmen don't always get, because they're still grasping at basics instead of transcending them, ya' know? But as style means less than nothing unless we're enjoying the story, the most important part is the story goodness:

* It had been a bit like cuddling a bag of coat-hangers to begin with - LOVE. It captures Sheldon's uniquely angular nature, and also implies so much about how their relationship is one that starts with affection and moves to physical comfort, instead of just leaping into the physical. I'm also glad you remembered to make Sheldon a quick study :-)

* Also perfectly Sheldon: he reads no sub-text. I especially loved the tiny scene of the tiny moment of him updating his facebook page, not bothering to think about implications the way Leonard did with Dr. Stephanie, just-stating a fact.

* I like that you explained some of Leonard's douche-baggery,. He's no moustache twirling villain, after all. He's just someone who's been so damaged that he behaves badly. It's no excuse, but it helps round him out, all the same.

* Mostly, though, I loved that Sheldon and Penny love kissing. It's such a quiet, sweet part of a relationship, the kissing before anything more, that often gets lost in the "sex first, relationship later" angle we see on so much TV.

Thank you again for posting!
absolute nonsense chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Truly amazing, I love it!

Fantastic job, really.

The scene between Penny and Leonard was great. Leonard needs to get over it, and deal. I get that he's hurt and all, but still..

And introducing Sheldon's brother Gig, was awesome :D

update soon.
avalonian-priestess chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Mary Cooper does a most unladylike fist-pump.

You're my hero.

And Sven and Beth are made of awesome!
jessicajason chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Such a sweet chapter. I hope now that Sheldon and Penny have each independently laid out the facts for Leonard, that he'll eventually come around. I loved the interactions with the families, esp. Sheldon's brother. I call him George too, in a fic I'm working on (sporadically).
Oboethecrow chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Another great chapter.

BTW, I would totally love to train my own Sheldon.
thumbelina.rocks chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Love it! As usual awesome job! Please update soon! )
Dimac99 chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
"The war on plaid starts here."

ROFLMAO! Great chapter! Damn, his trousers and jackets need to be overhauled, STAT! The t-shirts can stay though, I like the t-shirts. I love the moment when Raj sees them kissing in the hall and it seems 'right' to him, and Sheldon's observation about the speed of gossip is utterly spot on. The vision of Mary doing a fist-pump on the other end of the phone was fantastic and the symmetry of them both getting all these calls at the same time is great.

Poor Leonard, I still feel sorry for him - some whiney-ness is to be expected, but the possessive note is just urgh. I'm up to date with the show, but although I've laughed along with everyone else as he's tried to get Penny to notice him, I've never really liked the feeling that he just wants her as a trophy to show off to the other guys to prove his masculinity. That said, it's not as bad on the show now as it was before they got together, although he was way out of line in The Guitarist Amplification.

How you manage to update soon, this is definitely my fave WIP and I'm going to implode my inbox soon if I keep checking for alerts so many times a day! ;-)
redgrunt84 chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
Wonderful chapter, I particularly like how you incorporate Sheldon's tendency to re-regionalize his accent back to the drawl when he gets emotional. For a Brit, you have a decent grasp of Texas colloquialisms. I'm a Midwesterner living in Texas, and folks around here have a certain way of sayin' things. Very nicely done.
katdemon1895 chapter 26 . 4/17/2010
aw! so cute! this chapter makes me especially happy, love the scene with sheldon's mama being so happy that sheldon and penny are steppin' out together, writing in the accents the way you do is a nice touch and shows a level of dedication beyond most writers, accents are absolutely annoying to write, pretty fun to read but annoying to write so kudos on that, i'm crossing my fingers that penny's cake will turn out alright and wondering how the trip to england will aceft them, loving that the war on plaid has well and truly started and yay about the reaction of the stormfist group, i like sheldon's new social circle more and more with every appearance, looking forward to whenever you next update, particularly looking forward to reading a description of mrs. cooper's chosen hat
briar-moss-thorn chapter 25 . 4/12/2010
this story is awesome. I can't wait to read more!
SciFigal63 chapter 25 . 4/11/2010
I really love this story. It is my favorite Big Bang Theory story and it is one of my all time favorite story. I feel that you have really captured the essence of Sheldon's character. I love the addition of Sven, Beth and company. I can hardly wait for your next update.
M Elizabeth Penn chapter 25 . 4/10/2010
Oh wow. This chapter was just great. The characterisation, the wording... *sighs* D
1,568 | « Prev Page 1 .. 78 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 98 .. Last Next »