Reviews for The Paladin Protocol
takalotti chapter 2 . 5/14/2010
I'm kind of with Howard. I'm still having trouble buying that Sheldon would be so adept at getting so physically into this scene, but not so much trouble that I can't still enjoy it :)

I enjoyed a lot of the dialogue, especially:

"You engage him from the left, and...Penny, you aren't listening to my carefully judged combat tactics..." The demon takes a swing at her with a spiked mace. "Oh, good lord...Leonard, I have to go and deal with this."

"It's so cute when couples have a battle-language of their own."
takalotti chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
I have the unnecessary need to preface my review and let you know that I read up to chapter 28 before going back and reviewing. I held off because the writing style (present tense, incomplete phrases in the poetic – not ignorant – sense, parenthetical/italicized asides) wasn't to my usual taste. I think that's because that style results in a much more surreal effect, and I'm a very literal person/writer/reader.

As I read, though, this story seriously grew on me (details regarding how will come in specific chapter reviews). And now here I am, giving this story its proper dues :)

I liked how you set up this story. While I think it is a liiittle out of character for Penny to get into this world, you do make it make complete sense. She got sucked in to AoC, and as you had her point out, this is just a live version of that. She's an actress and a junior rodeo champion, so it does fit her in many ways. Now that I think about it, the only reason I might think it was a little OOC was because the show dumbed down Penny's geek knowledge/interest in season 3. So I take it back. Your Penny is more in character than the show's, currently. Oh, and I liked how naturally Penny learned about and incorporated herself into this event.

Sheldon was also a liiitle OOC to me (and I think I might stick with this one). They're out in the woods where there is dirt and bugs and all kind of other potentials for Sheldon to freak out. Speaking of, I loved this line:

"Even Sheldon has been reduced to simply squeaking faintly every time another bar disappears off his cell-phone reception."

I also liked how prominent Sheldon is in Penny's thoughts (though she may be unaware of this). The others are lumped together while he stands out again and again in subtle ways.

"Of course, three of them are an easy sell; with the fourth, she bypasses bribery or cajoling and goes straight to threat."

"But she's got them all into the car – she's having to navigate from the back seat, because you have to pick your battles, and ousting six foot plus of whiny Texan from shotgun is one too far this morning."

"Given some of the outfits they have been known to wear in public, she doesn't see why this should be a big deal, either. Grins as she remembers the 'Doppler Effect.'"

"She's sure the guys (most of them, anyway) are hoping for something a bit more 'Red Sonja.'"

I also liked the little bits of anti-Lenny foreshadowing.

"Leonard sighs, defeated. He'll do this to keep Penny happy."

Great job!
42nd Dreamer chapter 15 . 5/14/2010
This is one of the most enjoyable pieces of fanfic I've come across in this genre so far, although I have to say that your Leonard bashing *does* tend towards the extreme. I mean, he ignores the frack out of me too a lot of the times, but still. . . I love your Sheldon though. Well captured. I think this might be my favorite chapter so far. That scene at the end is a sack full of Verse-grade WIN.
The Swordsman chapter 28 . 5/14/2010
Omg! This is one of the BEST stories EVER! I can't wait to read more so I hope you'll update soon!

The Swordsman
sheerpoetry chapter 28 . 5/13/2010
Awww!

I have spent most of today completely immersed in this story. It's been absolutely lovely!

Leonard IS an annoying little troll and I adore what you've done here. The subtext, tone, and voice of everyone is amazing. Your style is really unique and perfect and the story-telling voice in general is ASTOUNDING.

Oh, oh. Bathroom scene. If only...

Also, you win m heart forever for two things: Mumford and Sons and Klingon Hamlet. 3
puritymatters chapter 28 . 5/13/2010
Phenomenal chapter! :) I love seeing Sheldon and Penny on a personal, no pretending, level.

So is Penny going to get to go to London with Sheldon? ;)
Warner chapter 28 . 5/11/2010
Love the entire story.
HermioneJeanSnape chapter 28 . 5/10/2010
Another lovely chapter. I found this and read it in one fell swoop. Very well written, though a little harsher on Leonard than I would have thought necessary. Hopefully he'll get some resolution. Your writing is fun to read, and it's nice to see Sheldon coming out of his shell a bit.
estar23 chapter 28 . 5/10/2010
Ohhh, Sheldon and chocolate. Deadly combination that makes knees go weak. So perfectly captured here. Love the ending to this chapter. The friendship depicted is so warm and suits Penny and Sheldon so well.
HalfBlackWolfDemon chapter 28 . 5/9/2010
Oh! That was so cute! I loved that Penny tried to put frosting on his nose and instead he practically eats her ;) Yum! Hehe, and that the new gang is there to celebrate makes it all the better! Whoo!

-HBWD
BlackMagicWhiteMagic chapter 28 . 5/9/2010
This was a really cute chapter, I always love it when there is a new chapter for this story and you never dissapoint
Hyper24 7 chapter 28 . 5/9/2010
Dude. You made me read this IN ONE DAY! I was supposed to be doing homework. :p It was amazingly awsome compared to homework. I've never even considered the possibility of Sheldon/Penny, but now it seems glaringly obvious.

I would quote my favorite part at you, but you'd probably end up with the whole story posed here. Updade soon, preteh pleez?
ShedonCooperPhD chapter 28 . 5/9/2010
Best big bang theory fanfiction ever! Keep up the great work! Update super soon :)
DineyBlue chapter 28 . 5/9/2010
Yay! Thank you for another great chapter. I like Penny's internal struggle.
7gifts chapter 28 . 5/9/2010
You've done it again, another wonderful chapter.
1,613 | « Prev Page 1 .. 78 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 98 .. Last Next »