Reviews for Quiet Crown
spookybee chapter 5 . 4/20
So, 1. This fic is fantastic, and 2. I live in Edinburgh and I'll be damned if you haven't based Central at least somewhat on Edinburgh. It's such a fun, unexpected bonus to the story, I love it.
PimpMasta Popo chapter 23 . 4/4
Your writing and your stories are absolutely fantastic. I know I'm late to the party by 5ish years, but this story is just amazing.
Everwild chapter 23 . 12/31/2014
This was pretty much the best thing ever! Don't scare me like that again though - I thought Roy was going to die for sure for a minute there.

So many emotions...
wordslinger chapter 22 . 12/29/2014
I'm kicking myself for reviewing right after finishing this story. Usually I like to wait a bit before doing that so I don't forget things.

I really enjoyed this fic, as I said before, and it wasn't meandering at all. I actually envy the way you can have a plan and stick to it until fruition. Something I cannot manage in the slightest.

Your original characters were compelling (Ahu was terrifying, to be honest. Such an ability is amazingly scary.), and the tie-in with Izumi was brilliant. Your Po-Yang story was very well done, and the way you attached Roy to Christmas was definitely a cut above the normal familial connection. It's so rare to explore that part of his past, and it was wonderful the way he got to see his mother. In the same vein, my favorite part of this story was Knox. That was stroke of genius. It was delicately laced into the story and not shoved in the readers face with some crazy OOC moment of "Oh, my god you're my dad!".

The Royai element was pretty believable too. I get really aggravated when there's *too* much angst, or the way they just seem to fall right into the sexing. Riza struggled with it (and her denial), and the whole thing just felt natural. It also didn't overshadow the rest of your story. Everything was perfect!

I have an obsessive tendency to re-read stuff I like so it's safe to imagine me lurking this story. Thanks for gifting the fandom with it! 3
wordslinger chapter 23 . 12/28/2014
Normally I avoid plot heavy fics in this fandom because, well, the source material was devestating and fluff is what I'm after. However, I really and truly enjoyed this. It packed just enough punch and didn't overwhelm me and my delicacies. Well done, and thank you for writing it!
waddiwasiwitch chapter 23 . 9/30/2014
Wonderful story!
BleedingCoffee chapter 23 . 9/25/2014
Oh god, thank you for this. What a spectacular piece!
BleedingCoffee chapter 22 . 9/25/2014
Oh god, the planning of this is just nothing short of awe inspiring. Brilliance of writing and vocabulary and the amazing culmination of your narrative planning just...wow.
BleedingCoffee chapter 19 . 9/25/2014
So hard to take a break and review. Wow. What an emotional roller coaster, but so damned satisfying with every turn.
BleedingCoffee chapter 13 . 9/19/2014
My God you are an amazing writer. It's impossible to leave reviews because I just can't stop reading. Just incredible all around. deep characterizations, intense intelligent plotline and just the perfect amount of suspense to make me drool with anticipation.
Kindcaidlyn chapter 23 . 9/19/2014
Oh my goodness. I feel all wrung out after all that. Fantastic piece of storytelling.

I have a question though-how come Mustang had to die for the transmutation to work? Especially since Fuery apparently didn't? Don't get me wrong, it made for a horrifying and fabulous piece of drama, but I don't get why it was necessary.

Seriously though. Great story. I'll be thinking on this one for a while.
Kindcaidlyn chapter 21 . 9/19/2014
Wow. What an image: his mother both entwined with and defeating the serpent, with nothing but her heel. Can't forget that.
Kindcaidlyn chapter 11 . 9/17/2014
Fantastic chapter. Excelling writing.
Kindcaidlyn chapter 5 . 9/16/2014
Wow. You have such a way of building and then releasing tension in every scene. Its...perfect. And exhausting.
Kindcaidlyn chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Um, way to nail the characters! Excited to read this story.